Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Confronted by a dog  (Read 47641 times)

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Confronted by a dog
« on: June 25, 2015, 05:49:49 am »

I had retired my legendary swordsman, dodger, armour user human necromancer after claiming ownership of a town. After spending some time within fortress mode, and then returning to adventure mode I found I was unable to play my character. After doing some research I discovered four dogs had confronted my rule in insurrection, and defeated my grand adventurer. They weren't particularly good dogs either, just your regular run-of-the-mill dog.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I wasn't aware dogs could hold insurrections, let alone slay an immortal, legendary, and incredibly handsome adventurer.

I would provide an image as proof, although I'm not entirely sure on how to upload it.
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

WingSoap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Confronted by a dog
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:06:44 am »

I think as long as a creature is a member of the civilization it can start insurrections.
A similar thing happened to me once. While I was retired my companions took over my city. I found my adventurer on the outskirts of the town.

Drinking the blood of a merchant in front of a full market probably played a role in that.   :-\

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 07:17:19 am »

It's terrifying what our adventurers get up to when we're not watching...
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
*gobbles menacingly*

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 07:39:00 am »

I had retired my legendary swordsman, dodger, armour user human necromancer after claiming ownership of a town. After spending some time within fortress mode, and then returning to adventure mode I found I was unable to play my character. After doing some research I discovered four dogs had confronted my rule in insurrection, and defeated my grand adventurer. They weren't particularly good dogs either, just your regular run-of-the-mill dog.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I wasn't aware dogs could hold insurrections, let alone slay an immortal, legendary, and incredibly handsome adventurer.

I would provide an image as proof, although I'm not entirely sure on how to upload it.

You are surprised? Imagine how the dogs owner feels...
"Where's my dog Midas!!!!"
Other person: "He's at the keep"
"Why in armoks name would he be there?"
Other person: " Oh you didn't hear?"
"Hear what?"
Other person:"He lead a successful rebellion against lord Arseknuckle!"
Other person: " He is now our Lord, I don't care one way or another"
"It was inevitable"
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 09:47:06 am »

Upload images to imgur or something btw.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 12:30:01 pm »

I think something similar happened to Mojo Jojo once...

Anyway, maybe it's something like The Emperor Has No Clothes, where one kid supposedly started the Emperor's downfall?  Maybe the dogs just bit him, and revealed that he wasn't so invincible after all, and the rest of the town ganged up on him...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Noblaum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 06:10:13 pm »

I've seen that in Legends mode. There were two eras in that world, the Age of the Hydra and Mountain Titan and the Age of the Mountain Titan. The Hydra was killed in Year 57 by a giant tick. Not a named giant tick, just a single, random giant tick. Plus the Hydra was rampaging at the time, so just imagine a tick sitting in an alleyway, the city in flames, watching one half of the major powers in the world eat five swordsmen at once, and thinking "yup, that looks good to eat".

Never happened to me personally, but it'll be interesting to see what'll happen to my main vampire adventurer when I retire him. I know all sorts of tricks that mean the fact that he can only use one arm doesn't matter in combat. Break arm, strangle, suck blood, stab like a maniac, rinse and repeat when necessary. But as an NPC he'll probably try to fight like a normal person; if someone hits his left arm he could be screwed. No weapons and no strangling. Doesn't help that he's seen as a potential murderer in the peninsula he 'liberated'. He is a necromancer, so I might just drag a bunch of corpses into the throne room before retiring, let him summon a zombie army when threatened. There's also a zombie elephant that may or may not be tracking him down with revenge in mind for completely unrelated reasons, so he might get squished before someone more competent comes after him.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 06:15:08 pm »

Giant ticks are ruthless, though.  I had an adventurer get slaughtered in a one-hit kill to the torso through a steel breastplate.  Their stinger is basically equivalent to a steel pike.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

cdru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 10:47:17 pm »

The worst thing in legends mode is that the game won't care about materials (so things made of salt can kill entire civilization for no reason) or skills,only luck and type of creature.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 12:18:46 am »

I've uploaded the images to imgur, although I'm not sure on how to imbed them into my reply. Instead I'll just post the links.

Here is the image of my adventurer, I somewhat shortened it to present the main facts:

https://i.imgur.com/sj5rhw0.png

Here is the ruthless fiend of a dog:

https://i.imgur.com/UMTqkTg.png

Supposedly the animals declared a war, instead of an insurrection:

https://i.imgur.com/YDbsjbM.png

And here is the battle in which my adventurer was slain:

https://i.imgur.com/G9nJ7sw.png

The attacking group only consisted of these animals.
*gobbles menacingly*

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 03:05:18 am »

Armok's blood! The animals are revolting! It is unclear at this time if the elves have backed the coup, but it's a reasonable assumption.

No cats were known to have participated in the attack. It is uncertain what the current threat is to dwarfkind. More coverage as the situation develops!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 05:37:54 pm »

I have laughed away the last of my ass. This is the best bug-feature.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 06:15:36 pm »

And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm :P
One wheel short of a wagon

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 05:57:54 pm »

I've uploaded the images to imgur, although I'm not sure on how to imbed them into my reply. Instead I'll just post the links.

Here is the image of my adventurer, I somewhat shortened it to present the main facts:

https://i.imgur.com/sj5rhw0.png

Here is the ruthless fiend of a dog:

https://i.imgur.com/UMTqkTg.png

https://i.imgur.com/YDbsjbM.png

And here is the battle in which my adventurer was slain:

Hahahahahahahahahah!!!!! What!!!

We're these like Airbud grade dogs or something??...someone died from a goose!! XD

This is fantastic

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 06:09:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I notice that's only the first battle in the war. What else did the rebellious livestock get up to?
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6