Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1679347 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1230 on: March 31, 2016, 05:18:47 pm »

I hope this stuff models for orbits. I WANT CYCLIC BASED GALACTIC SWARM MIGRATION

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 31, 2016, 05:27:29 pm »

Well, if you don't mind fucking up the biosphere, bombarding the planet clean and colonizing it afterwards isn't that difficult. All you need is a few rocks nudged in the right direction, like the Siriusian Overlords did to the T-Rex Empire.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 31, 2016, 05:29:00 pm »

Well, if you don't mind fucking up the biosphere, bombarding the planet clean and colonizing it afterwards isn't that difficult. All you need is a few rocks nudged in the right direction, like the Siriusian Overlords did to the T-Rex Empire.
Which is a shame, since the Raptor Resistance was close to overthrowing their Tyrannical overlords.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 31, 2016, 06:33:17 pm »

That wouldn't have mattered anyway, the T-rex monarchy were just figureheads for the secret lizard people cabal.  They were the ones who were really in control.
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 31, 2016, 07:27:32 pm »

Or the Achuultani.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 31, 2016, 07:49:27 pm »

That wouldn't have mattered anyway, the T-rex monarchy were just figureheads for the secret lizard people cabal.  They were the ones who were really in control.
Lizard people manipulating lizard people? All my life has been a lie!
* 'Teneb' adjusts lizard mask
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 31, 2016, 08:10:01 pm »

Actually the lowest level of development for encountered alien life is pre-sapient lifeforms that have the potential to become sapient. Like running across some ancient apes in the case of humans. Those can then be tampered with for Fun! results.
Well, the lowest that is specifically represented as a life form, we've seen tile blockers that consist of general dangerous wildlife, and forests, and a specific case of migratory trees.

One thing I would like is to have a game where every planet has some sort of species on it, except for barren/uninhabitable planets. So you can't colonize anything except the barren planets (can you terraform barren planets or is it just to turn a bad-for-you planet into a good-for-you planet?), and need to expand via vassalization/annexation/manipulation of these worlds. So you end up with sort of Federation-style Empire, or the Combine.
You can colonize worlds with other species on them, apparently. They made reference to reservations in the stream.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 31, 2016, 08:30:07 pm »

Lizard people manipulating lizard people? All my life has been a lie!
* 'Teneb' adjusts lizard mask
Well it's not like the T-rex could manipulate anything substantial, with those stubby arms.  The lizards were the power behind the scenes, doing all the work.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 01, 2016, 01:06:08 am »

I hope this stuff models for orbits. I WANT CYCLIC BASED GALACTIC SWARM MIGRATION

Nothing in the game orbits, though planets do have an animation where they rotate on their axis.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1239 on: April 01, 2016, 01:18:18 am »

Nothing in the game orbits, though planets do have an animation where they rotate on their axis.
Which is... fair enough, I guess. Orbits would be cool, but it's mostly a flavour thing given the time scale.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 01, 2016, 01:19:02 am »

WTB Hypercue to knock planets out of orbit, and preferably into black holes

Get on that Paradox
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 01, 2016, 02:20:53 am »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 01, 2016, 02:31:31 am »

All hail the Blorg!

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 01, 2016, 03:11:10 am »

I wonder how viable it is to diplomatically integrate other species into your empire and then immediately purge them. If it's possible to diplo-vassalize empires like in EU they'll most likely wisen up to it eventually and it's probably easier to just conquer and eradicate them but still.
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 01, 2016, 03:56:35 am »

Purging is tied to being xenophobe and I don't expect xenophobes to be capable of integrating other species into your realm peacefully.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 632