Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1687231 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #2565 on: May 24, 2016, 01:35:18 am »

Coincidentally I just had the Unbidden proc in my galaxy. They spawned on the leftmost spiral, in the middle of the "Federation of Pathetic Militaries Who Teamed Up to Keep the Fanatical Purifiers from Raping Them"

Yeah, those guys are about to get FUCKING WRECKED.
Which is actually pretty good for me, because once they get FUCKING WRECKED, the Unbidden will pretty much have to go through the Khessam, I.E. the Fanatical Purifiers who are the current strongest race in the galaxy. Who also happen to be RIGHT GODDAMN NEXT TO ME.
But now they have other problems :P
I'll pounce and liberate a bunch of their planets after they get FUCKING WRECKED.

Jokes on you, the AI won't attack them and the AI defences won't hurt the Unbidden at all because the event is broken as fuck. The portal will also keep spawning them as long as its open, and waiting will only make it worse because it'll take you 1000000000 years IRL to clear the Unbidden out at that point because you'll have to send a fleet to every single sector they've touched because again, the AI will never touch them and the event is broken as fuck.

The lategame in Stellaris is garbage right now, and the next two patches won't fix that. There's no replayability in this game until the late/endgame isn't trash.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: May 24, 2016, 09:30:13 am »

Dev Diary? Dev Diary!
Highlights for 1.1 include UI improvements and a possible sector AI fix.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: May 24, 2016, 10:09:51 am »

I just noticed some bs. Earlier on, on lower levels i have seen my PD doing great. Now i just looked why my fleet got murdered by AI - not a single pd shot at torpedoes. I keep 1 guardian PD (t3) on each corvette and was being shot by armored torpedoes (t2, kinetic ones) of different sizes. My delay fleet of 20 corvettes was massacred by really low ammount of torpedoes before they close in without a single pd shot fired (neither graphically nor even pd listed in hit rate). The enemy however did shot down all my t3 torpedoes by using t2 pd. It annoyed me to the point i just pressed esc>exit to desktop as soon as i noticed the same thing happening in battle with my main fleet. At least lances and unbidden disintegrators make short work of anything.

edit: They do fire those PDs on enemy torpedoes only after they get to point-blank which is effin stupid for ships with 2 torpedoes, 1 pd and defensive computer to do.

I did waste a shitload of time investigating it and discovered a very nasty exploit. Strike craft don't move away from their carrier. In vanilla they have <10 range so it seems useless. However, while there are strike crafts alive in enemy fleet, your PD WILL NOT SHOOT ANYTHING ELSE. That means fighters/bombers are actually HARD COUNTER to PD.
If anyone plays multi against those pesky evasion stackers, just put a some strike craft module in your torp fleet. Evasion stacker going berserker on any form of communication? Priceless.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: May 24, 2016, 10:29:06 am »

Holy shit. I'm 50 years into my new campaign and I just found an anomaly that, as a reward, gave me the choice between unlocking particle lances or swarmer missiles. 50 years in. I've barely got T3 lasers and shields. Time to go stomp all my neighbors' shit in! :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: May 24, 2016, 10:39:45 am »

So... can i get a rough comparison between this and Distant Worlds?
Scale?
Battles?
Interactivity?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: May 24, 2016, 10:59:42 am »

I'd say Stellaris is 66% Distant Worlds right now. It lacks the automation and the feeling of a living universe that the civilian sector brings, but many things are better. Mainly tech and lack of micro in the same way. Anomalias and such are much more fun. The thing is, since it is a Paradox game you know that in year or two it will be a lot bigger, better and everything than it is now. While Distant Worlds...well, it won't improve anymore.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: May 24, 2016, 11:31:40 am »

While Distant Worlds...well, it won't improve anymore.
It doesn't even have mods. =|

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2572 on: May 24, 2016, 11:44:34 am »

The lategame in Stellaris is garbage right now, and the next two patches won't fix that. There's no replayability in this game until the late/endgame isn't trash.

Quote from: Dev Diary
+Fixes for AI in end game crises.

Heh.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: May 24, 2016, 11:45:42 am »

In a new and exciting episode of stupid things you can do stacking additive modifiers, i proudly present:

Maintenance positive fleets! You don't have to fear the dreaded fleet cap anymore, going over it just means that you earn even more money!

Spoiler: "Explanation" (click to show/hide)
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: May 24, 2016, 11:50:00 am »

Can you actually earn money with that? I guess you can explain it as your crew working in sweatshops while at dock. :P
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: May 24, 2016, 12:42:50 pm »

I don't think my machine can handle 300+ ships at the same time, the game becomes a slide show anytime the main battle fleet engage anything. Energy lances are so cool tho, I just wish I could control the battle doctrine a bit so they stop wasting it on the small corvettes and fire at the bigger ships when in range. Some kind of way to set preferred target in the ship designer would go a long way into giving the player more control over fleet engagements. Some option to keep distance also, or go deep in enemy lines.

Edit: Also, apparently I can make Android Xenomorphs. Science works in mysterious ways. Maybe they are cyberdemon type things.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:47:50 pm by Drakale »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: May 24, 2016, 01:50:37 pm »

O.o  The forums of the publisher.  http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=795

Or do you mean something more substantial then what they have there?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: May 24, 2016, 01:55:17 pm »

O.o  The forums of the publisher.  http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=795

Or do you mean something more substantial then what they have there?
Yeah, like a big one.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: May 24, 2016, 02:00:07 pm »

Edit: Also, apparently I can make Android Xenomorphs. Science works in mysterious ways. Maybe they are cyberdemon type things.
Don't stop there. Make Android Xenomorph Psi-Warriors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: May 24, 2016, 02:23:05 pm »

You can make robotic gene warriors so... Yeah. It's a thing. An extremely silly thing.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 632