Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1686997 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5415 on: November 14, 2017, 08:01:24 am »

Neat!
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: November 14, 2017, 09:31:44 am »

I've read, although never tried, that you can dehivemind a pop if you've maxed out the genetic ascension tree. If that's what you plan on going for (Which might be a thing. Genetic ascension is boring af compared to the other two, but robots can't drink blood...) maybe you can get a few of their pops and make a new race of slave butterflies. Idk if that's actually true though. So, ymmv.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: November 14, 2017, 12:56:29 pm »

What an amazing coincidence. I went with a Plantoid blood-sucking race but my livestock species is a race of space penguins named...Sanguins.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: November 14, 2017, 01:03:05 pm »

Sanguinius weeps
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: November 14, 2017, 01:08:43 pm »

What an amazing coincidence. I went with a Plantoid blood-sucking race but my livestock species is a race of space penguins named...Sanguins.
That's glorious.  I don't even care, its not like my blood suckers are good people in the first place.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: November 14, 2017, 05:37:23 pm »

I assumed [despite the spiritualism] that Enigma would go Psionic, because

psychic space vampire penguins
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: November 14, 2017, 05:37:56 pm »

I was thinking that too... but doesn't materialism make that impossible?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: November 14, 2017, 06:03:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible. Although I guess you could dump materialism until you get the first psi tech, then pick it up again. Or if you get really lucky with a scientist finding it though a level up maybeeee?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:07:57 pm by Criptfeind »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: November 14, 2017, 09:53:02 pm »

I think I'll do the genetic path.  I'm sure there's plenty of fun stuff that can be done there (maybe even different specialized xeno castes for maximum authoritarianism).

In other news... you know that interesting event that you found Sirius?  And how this is my first game with DLC?  With the vampire civ you inspired me to play?  Well:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm utterly spoiled on this event.  But that one possible outcome... it fits, you know?

What was, will be.  What will be, was.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: November 14, 2017, 11:46:22 pm »

Nope. You can grab it regardless, and you can get the Psychic tech [though it's tough]

They stopped making it Impossible to get psychic as materialist, or robots/synths as spiritualist.

You should be fine, though a bit delayed. I think Maniacal/Genius get bonuses to chances of getting psy tech, as well as an enclave scientist, set on Social tech obviously.

E: Looked it up, and I'm half right. Maniacal is a full x5 modifier ((non-)spiritualism is only an x0.5 modifier, fan-spir is another x2 on top) BUT you need a Psionics Expert if you want to get it while retaining materialism. Not quite sure how to get one of those.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:51:20 pm by Descan »
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: November 14, 2017, 11:51:42 pm »

Welp... looks like the Sanguin are food in two universes.

I attacked the butterfly hive mind.  They were far, far more powerful than I was prepared for.  RIP.  I will say, playing a total asshole felt a lot less powerful than playing a mild asshole in my other game. 

Sirius, please tell me you used the three pronged beak avian penguin model so its actually the same birds.  That would be amazing.  And oh my god we both got the event horizon.  Maybe my game is a distant prequel to yours.  Or... perhaps its the same universe, but things happened differently.  What will be... was.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: November 14, 2017, 11:56:33 pm »

I looked into it; Materialists can only really get a Psi Expert by certain anomalies. I think by the scientist being paranoid, one anomoly will make him Maniacal and then Psi Expert.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: November 15, 2017, 12:15:01 am »

So, I've been eyeing Stellaris for quite some time. Taking a cursory glance at some of the wiki pages, it certainly sounds like the kind of thing I'd be interested in, but going by the Steam reviews there seems to be some discontent about the game being repetitive. Would you guys suggest I purchase it when the winter sale rolls around, or should I put it off until more updates come out? I love all the other Paradox games I own, and a sci-fi game sounds like a fun change of pace.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: November 15, 2017, 12:48:13 am »

So, I've been eyeing Stellaris for quite some time. Taking a cursory glance at some of the wiki pages, it certainly sounds like the kind of thing I'd be interested in, but going by the Steam reviews there seems to be some discontent about the game being repetitive. Would you guys suggest I purchase it when the winter sale rolls around, or should I put it off until more updates come out? I love all the other Paradox games I own, and a sci-fi game sounds like a fun change of pace.

It's hard to say, they are in the process of totally reworking some of the core systems of the game (no ETA). It sounds good so far, but who knows how it will turn out?

For the current game, well to quote myself from a different thread:

Stellaris is a very shallow 4x with a lot of greebles tacked on to give it the illusion of depth. Once you've played through the game once and figure out how it works, you realize how few of the features and options are actually viable and how many are just "for fun" or "for RP" and it loses a lot of it's magic (at least, imo).

I payed $12 for it (humble monthly) and I feel like it was worth that, but I don't feel like it's worth the $30 base price.

So, if you can get it on sale for ~$12 it's probably worth it for a playthrough or two.

I've since bought utopia/leviathans DLCs for it, and I have to say they are probably not worth it. Most of the new features in both DLCs sound great but don't actually add much to the gameplay and are just "for fun" if you want to RP your empire or whatever.

But again - who knows what the game will be like in 6 months?
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: November 15, 2017, 02:33:37 am »

I'd say it's worthit on the sales, I got everything full price and I've put in... 207 hours into the game. Though, I often play "for fun" etc, which, if you're not, you shouldn't be playing...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 632