Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1687309 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7410 on: December 03, 2018, 09:52:10 pm »

I'm fine with that. It means I only have to relentlessly exterminate criminal megacorps, rather than literally every last one of them.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: December 03, 2018, 09:58:38 pm »

No. You must destroy the capitalists!
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: December 03, 2018, 10:04:28 pm »

Meh. We're not too fussed what you do, as long as you keep it off our planets. The criminal ones show up without our permission, so we'll just inevitably have to do the same to them. We'll be a little less subtle about it, though.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: December 04, 2018, 02:05:25 am »

What delineates "your" planets from "our" planets? Merely words and an easily broken social contract. The Hive is under no obligation to honor your claim to resources that The Hive could utilize more efficiently.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: December 04, 2018, 02:25:30 am »

That's as may be, but you the collective follow the same intergalactic laws as the rest of us.
I mean, you're no devouring swarm, are you?  I think your neighbors would have... words, if that were the case.

We only want a little Earth and Water.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: December 04, 2018, 02:34:36 am »

What delineates "your" planets from "our" planets? Merely words and an easily broken social contract. The Hive is under no obligation to honor your claim to resources that The Hive could utilize more efficiently.

don't the game activly prevent you to move across borders? that coloured line is very very real, sadly.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: December 04, 2018, 03:28:11 am »

don't the game activly prevent you to move across borders? that coloured line is very very real, sadly.

Only if they block you from moving through (one of the first negative actions most empires take if you have less than 0 relationship)

so you could probably RP some sort of lore reason. Otherwise the lines don't matter.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: December 04, 2018, 09:12:00 am »

We only want a little Earth and Water.

Maybe you do but THIS. IS. SPARTA.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7418 on: December 04, 2018, 10:00:49 am »

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
MULTIPLE THIRD PARTY CLAIMANTS HAVE FLAGGED YOU FOR VIOLATING THE N.A.P.tm. DWAMAK MERCENARIES WILL BE EN ROUTE TO REPOSSESS YOUR STATE AS COMPENSATION TO THE AGGRIEVED MULTIPLE THIRD PARTY CLAIMANTS. DUE TO ONGOING PROCESSING OF YOUR CASE, WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING APPEALS AS OF THIS MOMENT. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: December 04, 2018, 12:39:09 pm »

Sounds like some of the first impressions from early access LPers have started trickling out and it looks like the initial release of 2.2 is going to be hilariously broken.  I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not, really.

It's all anecdotal, but reports of the AI sitting on massive stacks of resources 300 years into the game without building up their fleets is one example.  Apparently there are AI loops too that cause them to shuffle governors around, broken behavior with the automatically generated sectors and big performance stalls.

The devs say some of this has already been fixed, but I'm still expecting the initial release to be pretty broken with the AI at least.  If nothing else, that'll give me a chance to learn the new mechanics without the AI interfering.  Not that it did all that much before, but still.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: December 04, 2018, 01:39:05 pm »

Is it possible to not update?
I still have a game I want to finish on this version.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: December 04, 2018, 01:46:54 pm »

Is it possible to not update?
I still have a game I want to finish on this version.
You can disable Steam's auto-updates. I imagine there will be a rollback beta too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: December 04, 2018, 01:52:56 pm »

Apparently Steam removed the option not to update, for some reason.  The current easiest workaround appears to be setting it to "Update on Launch" (in the game properties, under Updates) and only launching the game while Steam's in Offline mode.

Edit:  Though apparently that doesn't always work - under some circumstances, the game (Stellaris, in the thread I read) may refuse to launch until going online and updating.  But it worked for a while, for that poster.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 01:56:04 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: December 04, 2018, 02:08:26 pm »

Even if it forces you to update, although annoying, you can simply revert the file back to the current version and your save should be intact.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7424 on: December 04, 2018, 02:15:37 pm »

Just keep a separate copy of your mods. Those are harder to revert to old versions.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 632