Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 53288 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Inter-Mission]
« Reply #405 on: December 31, 2015, 09:11:17 am »

Speaks
Speaks nodded sagely.  "Well, let us see what challenges the next assignment holds for us before we venture into such a business dealing.  I shall requisition a couple more items in the meantime!"

Let's hit up one each of Other Equipment and Other Consumable.

The Fabricator devours Speaks' offered Tokens and begins munching on them. Steam gushes forth from the console. Something 'thud's. [4 - Four Effects] With a burst of reality-wobbling energy, [Vandalized] [Science] [Dream] [Sand] a heavy pouch appears in his grasp.

Spoiler: Oneiric Dust (click to show/hide)

Not bad, not bad at all. Speaks goes for a Consumable still.

[2 - Two Effects] The Fabricator whistles and rattles before producing [Dance] [Special] a pocket flask of bright, blue liquid. Speaks checks the explanation given.

Spoiler: Dancing Spirit (click to show/hide)

Well, splendid.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

Erin Strand
One more weapon, one protection.

Keeping things safe and traditional, Erin pops in Tokens for one more Weapon and one more Protection, perhaps going for some kind of world record of how much armor one person can lug around. [5 - Pistol] [4 - Four Effects] The Fabricator whirrs and wails and goes 'ping!', [Outdated] [Fantasy] [Shadow] [Suicide] and then a dusty old flintlock pistol falls into her lap.

Spoiler: Donquix's Pistol (click to show/hide)

Humm. Curious, but probably not too useful. Erin takes the weapon and moves on to Protection.

[1 - Shield Type] The Fabricator rumbles and spits out [1 - One Effect] [Air] a tiny disc with a handle and some switches. She picks it up cautiously and reads the text.

Spoiler: Air Shield (click to show/hide)

Well then! Erin takes the shield in hand, glad to have two layers of protection. She gets the feeling she won't be able to take all of these weapons and protections for the mission. Something's gotta go.

---
Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)

London
While the rest of her teammates seem to doubt the wisdom of such an enormous investment, London can still remember the thrill of piloting the sturmeagle. She makes her own way to the vehicle bay and puts the last of her tokens into the machine for a small vehicle.

Ready to be the very first of the team to get some wheels... or jets engines... or machine legs... under her, London bolts over to the Transport Hall and throws in the last of her Tokens for a Small Vehicle. The Fabricator here - presumably, just another part of the same giant Fabricator - looks quite similar, with a bewildering array of strange and sometimes anachronistic bits and parts that go wild once she makes her request. [3 - Air/Space Vehicle] The air before her distorts, rippling and shifting, [3 - Three Effects] then begins to crackle with multicolor lightning and [Unreliable] [Fire] [Glue] finally explodes into something fiery and physical.

It is, for lack of a better word, a tiny jet plane of sorts. A small, box-like metal frame with a pointed forward side serves as the cockpit, with thrusters jutting out of its back. Someone has bolted things like orange, stylized wings onto its sides, two on the right, two on the left. As she watches, flames ripple across them and surge outwards like giant fiery wings. After the flames recede, there is a lot of foul-smelling smoke.

A long, scrolling description appears on the screen.

Spoiler: The Phoenix (click to show/hide)

It's something, alright. London has fabricated the team's very first vehicle.

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: London's Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Evil Roy
As he waits for more precise mission parameters, Evil Roy sees no harm in obtaining another Weapon from the Fabricator.

The ever-eager Evil Roy decides to try his luck with another Weapon. He enters a Token and is quickly rewarded. [7 - Shotgun] After a long, pleased hiss, the machine produces him a [4 - Four Effects] [Darkness] [Strength] [Dual-Wielded] [Large] a pair of enormous, tube-like death cannons that thunk to the floor with clear weight. They are coal black and seem to suck in light by their very presence. Evil Roy, dragging his sight away from admiring them for a moment, reads the accompanying text.

Evil Roy finds he can barely lift one of the two, and certainly won't be able to shoot it from the hip, so to speak. Ideally, he'd reach a greater level of strength and be able to use these as God, or atleast a god, intended, as right now the thing will slow him down and make him a dreadfully easy target while he's on the move...

...but all of that is beside the point. Death tubes. He has death tubes.

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

---
For now, I'm not listing vehicle traits or bonuses/penalties, though that might change given a vehicle-heavy mission. As you might guess, though, the Phoenix is a easily destroyed, extremely fast (and thus also harder to control) and demoralizing piece of junk, which has an unfortunate tendency to fail or malfunction when it's most needed. You can ask me for any capabilities and details that come to mind.

To clarify, taking the time to brace Heavy Weapons (mostly) negates the penalties (both these and the Mnemonic Autocannon, as we've seen). Evil Roy can only use one of the two at a time... for now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:12:54 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 31, 2015, 09:14:58 am »

"Anyone want this thing?" Erin says, indicating the Mnemonic Autocannon.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 31, 2015, 10:03:10 am »

Well, hush his noise production structures. Evil Roy expresses momentary enthusiasm at the rather splendid armaments he appears to have obtained.

Evil Roy decides that he will, in fact, spend a token on a Personal Vehicle, and also one more for an Other Consumable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 10:06:08 am by Harry Baldman »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 31, 2015, 02:34:30 pm »

Crit accepts Evil Roys explanation and immediately stops being sad.
The little robot buys two more other equipments and a personal vehicle for 3 tokens.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 31, 2015, 06:01:03 pm »

As the Phoenix burns before her, London can't help but feel a surge of excitement. Sure, it isn't nearly as deadly as the sturmeagle, but the craft has a charm of it's own and looks to be the fastest thing to ever grace the skies.

There's nothing else for her to do, so London heads on down to the Teleporter deck, eager to begin the next adventure!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 31, 2015, 06:03:09 pm »

((Do we have some place to store items we are not using?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 31, 2015, 06:06:01 pm »

((Perhaps Lux knows of one.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 31, 2015, 06:20:20 pm »

If Erin has anywhere to drop stuff, say a vault or a room, she goes and drops off the Armor of the Pariah and the Mnemonic Autocannon, before buying another weapon and a "Other Equipment" item.
Sigtext!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 31, 2015, 08:59:27 pm »

Speaks is done shopping until the next briefing.  We'll have one last shot to gear up before we depart, right?

How many uses is the Sand good for?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 03, 2016, 09:19:02 am »

Evil Roy
Well, hush his noise production structures. Evil Roy expresses momentary enthusiasm at the rather splendid armaments he appears to have obtained.

Evil Roy decides that he will, in fact, spend a token on a Personal Vehicle, and also one more for an Other Consumable.

With death-tubes in hand, Evil Roy decides to have a few last Fabrications. An Other Consumable might be just the thing for him. [2 - Two Effects] The Fabricator lets out a hiss and a burst of impossible-colored light. [Lucky] [Fish] There's a wet splash and a tiny goldfish plops down onto Evil Roy's appendages. It blinks stupidly and wobbles around a little.

Spoiler: Lucky Fish! (click to show/hide)

Putting the wriggling little thing... somewhere... on his body, Evil Roy proceeds to the Transport Hall to get a Personal Vehicle of his own. He enters a Token and waits for the machine to make up its mind. [Punishment] [Slow] [Unreliable] [Music] A vortex of light swoops across the hall and deposits something onto the floor - it takes Evil Roy a moment to identify it as a rather bulky exoskeleton with tiny stunted metal wings sticking out of the back. Discordant music warbles out of its insides. Kids these days will listen to anything.

Hmh. It's something, he supposes. The machine-enhanced physical strength he would enjoy in the suit might just allow him to use one of his death-tubes without having to stop and brace it all the time, though the chances of the light-weight thing being able to life both seems unlikely. The true issue is, of course, that this thing will give him an obviously humanoid, more definable shape.

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evil Roy's Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Crit
Crit accepts Evil Roys explanation and immediately stops being sad.
The little robot buys two more other equipments and a personal vehicle for 3 tokens.

Next to rid itself of more Tokens is Crit. The robot is more than happy to achieve even more Other Equipments to lug around, [4 - Four Effects] [Panic] [Harvest] [Lightning] [Glow] and is rewarded with a metal-ringed glass sphere that nearly shatters on the floor before the robot catches it. There's a small whirling device connected to it by a cable. Crit, curious, reads the description.

Spoiler: Terror Harvester (click to show/hide)

Ooh. Crit wonders if it works on robots.

Another Token disappears into the machine's insides, eliciting a rumble and a sound like an enormous mechanical belch. [1 - One Effect] [Heart] Metal groans and abruptly Crit finds himself holding a beating, gleaming mechanical heart. Blood drips off it. Uh. He hopes its last user won't miss it too much.

Spoiler: SEVEN Artificial Heart (click to show/hide)

Well, less useful. Perhaps he could repurpose its tech somehow, or maybe a teammate will need an extra heart in the future. You never know.

Crit's last stop is at the Transport Hall in search of a Personal Vehicle. He inserts his Token and watches. [1 - Two Effects] [Sand] [Ill] After a moment, a heavy, dust-colored board falls to the floor. It wobbles erratically in place.

Spoiler: Mechanized Sandboard (click to show/hide)

---
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crit's Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Erin
If Erin has anywhere to drop stuff, say a vault or a room, she goes and drops off the Armor of the Pariah and the Mnemonic Autocannon, before buying another weapon and a "Other Equipment" item.

Erin follows Lux to a vault that doesn't inspire much confidence with its security measures and which has a door that doesn't close the whole way, but with no other choices, she drops her Mnemonic Autocannon and the unholy, wretched Armor of the Pariah th ere. She's just glad to be rid of them.

Back at the Fabricator, she enters two Tokens, the first for one more Weapon. [3 - Thrown] The Fabricator hums for a long time before [2 - Two Effects] [Male] [Ocean] a pack full of what appear to be bright blue crabs falls before her. That's, um, certainly something. They snap at her fingers when she reaches inside.

Spoiler: Snappercrabs (click to show/hide)

Huh. She probably can't lug around any more weaponry after this.

Next is an Other Equipment, following her comrades' lead. [3 - Three Effects] Something begins to take shape as swirling mist gushes out of the Fabricator. [Capitalist] [Organic] [Small] Said something solidifies into a heavy sack, tied closed at the top. Something, or many somethings, move inside the sack, and Erin can hear fast-paced babbling from within. Not daring to open the sack, she reads the text.

Spoiler: Business Gnomes (click to show/hide)

That's... what. What are they even doing in this sack?

---
Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)
---

IMPORTANT

There's a reason I didn't move you to your next mission yet - whether I like it or not (and I don't), this game is going on a two-week hiatus (at the least), and will have a much slower update rate from there on. Why? Conscription. Surprise!

All Finnish dudes have to either serve in the army or in civil service (unpaid work for whoever's willing to take you) at this point of their lives, and I've chosen the former (mainly because it's likely shorter overall). Thus, for the next six months or more, I'll be stuck in the military except for weekend vacations. These eventually become weekly, but as I've understood, we are stuck at base for the first few weeks.

And no, I don't intend to go AWOL just to update this game, sorry. It's possible I might be able to do updates on some evenings, when we have free time, but otherwise it'll be weekends. I'll keep you updated, but I'm afraid that's it. If you don't have the patience for long waits between updates, well, uh... I'm not sure what I can do about that.

See you in two weeks! I hope.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:42:27 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 03, 2016, 09:27:44 am »

((Good luck! Don't get shot by enthusiastic Russian border guards and cause an international incident!

Maybe draw some inspiration for ever more noble forms of demipatriotic heroism, too.))

Evil Roy puts on the Rulebreaker Suit, having nowhere in particular to hurry to anyway. Not like there's any better place to put it as of yet. Does it slow him down in any considerable way, provided he's not trying to run around or anything?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:02:13 am by Harry Baldman »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 03, 2016, 10:42:32 am »

(Yeah, I wouldn't even get a turn if that would happen, nice work so far, I can wait a bit if you keep up the quality.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 03, 2016, 10:49:11 am »

((Good luck!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 05, 2016, 07:22:45 pm »

((Best of luck to you, Hellhound!))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 05, 2016, 07:24:36 pm »

((Have fun and be safe))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31