Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232583 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to full launch) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #420 on: August 19, 2015, 10:16:55 pm »

Oh, and the Crystallum CAN survive in a vacuum.  They don't breathe.

Not-breathing isn't the only requirement of surviving in a vacuum....If it was, astronauts could go up with just breathing masks.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2015, 10:18:10 pm »

Not-breathing isn't the only requirement of surviving in a vacuum....If it was, astronauts could go up with just breathing masks.
The other bits:  They're made of a solid.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2015, 10:23:08 pm »

So what is a 'basic afterlife' and why would I want an advanced one?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2015, 10:23:49 pm »

The other bits:  They're made of a solid.

1. Why did this conversation start?

Problems with Living in a Vacuum that are still there with being a non-breathing solid:
Heat (Moving still makes heat, which they have no way to get rid of)
Micrometeroids
Radiation
Mobility/Communications
Actually having to eat/drink.

...I don't know what your race is, or its abilities, but living in a vacuum is hard for things not designed to do so. Not that we have any of those problems but heat/no food/mobility yet, but they are coming up next turn...

So what is a 'basic afterlife' and why would I want an advanced one?

Basic afterlife: You go there when you die and do something forever.
Advanced Afterlife: You go there when you die and your soul is processed into energy/Angels/Energy Angels/ !!SCIENCE!!/Something else the God uses. Also pretty much anything else that effects the game.

That is just a hunch though.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:26:23 pm by Stirk »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 19, 2015, 10:27:32 pm »

What if they communicated through light, or glowed to disperse heat through radiation? And would they necessarily produce heat through that? I mean, some changes in their design might be necessary, but...plus, Heatproof could help.

Micrometeroids...do we have those? Or rather, will we? If they're tough enough, shouldn't be too big of an issue. Or they could live within the magnetic sphere of something, perhaps. I believe that does something or other. Or simply within a mostly stable asteroid belt so the asteroids can be ablative protection against such.

Radiation...I dunno. Would they be affected by radiation, considering they're crystal? Heat, of course, but again, Heatproof.

Mobility, they're a crystalline life form, they might have a method of moving through magnetics or light or direct energy transformation.

Eat/drink, I dunno. Space whales?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2015, 10:29:32 pm »

What if they communicated through light, or glowed to disperse heat through radiation? And would they necessarily produce heat through that? I mean, some changes in their design might be necessary, but...plus, Heatproof could help.

Micrometeroids...do we have those? Or rather, will we? If they're tough enough, shouldn't be too big of an issue. Or they could live within the magnetic sphere of something, perhaps. I believe that does something or other. Or simply within a mostly stable asteroid belt so the asteroids can be ablative protection against such.

Radiation...I dunno. Would they be affected by radiation, considering they're crystal? Heat, of course, but again, Heatproof.

Mobility, they're a crystalline life form, they might have a method of moving through magnetics or light or direct energy transformation.

Eat/drink, I dunno. Space whales?

Like I said, for creatures not designed for it. Every Ye Gods game has currently had space-creatures with little trouble. And, also like I said, some of the things are not yet problems in the current game's Void.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 19, 2015, 10:31:26 pm »

Ah. Didn't notice that at first.

Although, he did say 'survive'. He didn't say 'live sustainably' or 'thrive'. Perhaps he meant in the same way a sailor can 'survive' being thrown overboard if he knows how to swim.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 19, 2015, 10:56:53 pm »

CNCL000.16: Create magically active constellations [IMMINENT PASS, START NAMING THEM!] <1*.75*.2 = 0.15E each constellation>

What have we said about assuming, Andres! :P

You go back and check to see if you actually have to first!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2015, 10:58:51 pm »

CNCL000.16: Create magically active constellations [IMMINENT PASS, START NAMING THEM!] <1*.75*.2 = 0.15E each constellation>

I didn't assume anything! I just plain didn't see it!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2015, 11:00:19 pm »

Do we have to make God harminh weapons or do we start with them?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2015, 11:01:55 pm »

I didn't assume anything! I just plain didn't see it!
Didn't mean to sound upset, Rolep. I was just panicking a bit. Totally not upset with you.

EDIT: Hey KJP, I was wondering if you could space out the proposals. It's kinda confusing/difficult to read as is.

EDIT2:
CNCL000.27: Create a Size0 habitable planet with a full biosphere in orbit around whichever sun(s) get(s) created [IMMINENT PASS] <20*1*.35*.75 = 5.3E total>
I know where the 20 and the 1 come from, but where do the .35 and .75 come from? Only 5 people were in support which should've cut it by .5 rather than .35 or .75.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:27:59 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2015, 11:34:43 pm »

TheBiggerFish: Priests will spawn naturally with race creations for non-unworshipful (~atheist but not necessarily) races with non-zero piety. YG0 had some gods creating custom prophets to keep worship quality (now piety) at a decent level and it worked reasonably well in general, I think.

Stirk: Breathing in a vacuum: Not by default

Vgray: A basic afterlife just holds its inhabitants and provides basic security, and an advanced one provides such features as absorption (linked to death rate and piety) and enhanced security (mostly from gods willing to pay). For the record, basic ‼SCIENCE‼ is possible in basic afterlives.

TheBiggerFish and Stirk: Perhaps having a lifespan on the order of geological time and being made of rock may help with that

Andres: Good idea, adding spaces on next Proposalog

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2015, 11:35:40 pm »

CNCL000.27: Create a Size0 habitable planet with a full biosphere in orbit around whichever sun(s) get(s) created [IMMINENT PASS] <20*1*.35*.75 = 5.3E total>
I know where the 20 and the 1 come from, but where do the .35 and .75 come from? Only 5 people were in support which should've cut it by .5 rather than .35 or .75.

EDIT: Assuming E/P/I wasn't used, can a non-aligned god beat a human in a fist fight? I mentioned this when you were conducting the survey but I'd really like to know what gods are physically capable of doing without divine energy or 0-energy acts.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:40:21 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #433 on: August 19, 2015, 11:44:21 pm »

Andres: .35: Cooperative bonus
.75: Total aligned discount multiplier
Itia and Lugen (Ama and gman8181) declared that they would help pay for what was being made

Yes, a god can beat up a human in a fist fight.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 19, 2015, 11:49:22 pm »

What else can a god beat to death? A tiger? An elephant? An angel? I'd really like some more concrete information on the physical capabilities of gods.

$$$
Price check on an artifact that can seal a willing god's sphere away and return it to the god when he wants it back
Price check on the above if it's one-use, meaning the artifact is destroyed when the god gets his sphere back

So let's say I chose War as my second sphere, I'd want to seal that sphere away so I don't get a malus when creating generic angels.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:57:57 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 241