Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232518 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to full launch) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #510 on: August 20, 2015, 11:40:33 am »

((Planetary Price check: 20E for Earth Sized. Minimum of 6E for Iapetus-sized.

Angering everyone else who just wanted a one-planet system: Priceless.))
Threatening to smash that planetoid into the main world: Diplomatic!

Then you do it anyways to make those who wanted asteroid belts glad. And then you make a ringworld.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 20, 2015, 11:43:59 am »

More seriously, couldn't you just make it a moon around the planet if it does turn out to be the case? Its not like you need a lot of room to yourself, and it is kind of annoying that you would pretty much throw out everyone's votes for something like that.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 20, 2015, 11:45:20 am »

Plus, you could just, you know, support the single planet and thus pitch in like a half of an essence.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 20, 2015, 11:52:45 am »

That reminds me: is it still possible to pay for creations in upkeep costs? If yes, can they be modified later to be permanent? If yes, how costly is it?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 20, 2015, 12:09:33 pm »

Whew, I only missed six pages of the IC thread.
Was just pointing it out, mostly because you said they were bigger and faster. You did do magic, so at least there's that. I didn't say they were bad. To be honest, I had a tough time making my initial race, since the way my character and my eventual playstyle works, I plan to have many within my flock, and was unsure what would fit a god of Civilization and Control.

Oh, and by the way, Vgray, I may end up just turning my souls over to you for initial afterlife creation. What's Talios' opinion on undeath and/or soul-binding?

$$$Price Check

Factories that can produce machines which are possessed by souls/have souls bound to/into them, powered by magic and heat/fire, either directly or via steam-power. Would they count as a separate race? I plan for them to have a variety of traits and the like to work for me, so I'm curious.

An afterlife that preps souls for the task of coming back to the mortal world as part of these machines, or undead, and helps them learn and become more devoted in death through debate and discussion amongst one another.

EDIT: He's basically saying that he doesn't think you should be upset if a constellation breaks since you aren't going to have to pay for them, and is pointing out that you have named 15 and will pay nothing for them, while he might end up having to pay an essence and has only made 3.

DOUBLEDIT: I'm already supporting it, KJP :P Or I thought I was...huh
Talios let the devil make hell to his own specifications. I'll let that speak for itself.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 20, 2015, 12:49:32 pm »

Eh, i can't have it be a moon, it's too big, and would cause severe tidal effects, or cause a barycentric orbit (point of orbit outside a celestial object).
It would be as if Mars (size -1) is orbiting Earth (size 0).
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 20, 2015, 01:31:10 pm »

Eh, i can't have it be a moon, it's too big, and would cause severe tidal effects, or cause a barycentric orbit (point of orbit outside a celestial object).

Like I said in the last post, "You don't need that much space". It was a suggestion to both reduce its size and turn it into the moon.

The problem I have with you making another planet is that everyone would have voted on a single planet, and you totally would go against that for no real reason. It would be like me promising to scream "LOLNOP" and transform all three planets into one big planet if the three-planet-model gets passed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 20, 2015, 02:11:08 pm »

Like I said in the last post, "You don't need that much space". It was a suggestion to both reduce its size and turn it into the moon.

The problem I have with you making another planet is that everyone would have voted on a single planet, and you totally would go against that for no real reason. It would be like me promising to scream "LOLNOP" and transform all three planets into one big planet if the three-planet-model gets passed.
Eh.
Not really.
But sort of.
It's not, however, something the council has control over.  Whereas the other gods could react by counteracting that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 20, 2015, 02:15:46 pm »

Eh.
Not really.
But sort of.
It's not, however, something the council has control over.  Whereas the other gods could react by counteracting that.

The Council has control over everything, currently, as everyone is a member. If the Council says we are making one planet and no more, that is how it is.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 20, 2015, 02:16:48 pm »

Eh.
Not really.
But sort of.

The Council has control over everything, currently, as everyone is a member. If the Council says we are making one planet and no more, that is how it is.

Three planets has the majority I thought.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 20, 2015, 02:18:24 pm »

Eh.
Not really.
But sort of.

It is, but that isn't the point.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 20, 2015, 02:19:40 pm »

Eh.
Not really.
But sort of.

It is, but that isn't the point.

What are you guys arguing about?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 20, 2015, 02:21:31 pm »

I wonder, will we run into the Keshan/Slytha problem where plot important stuff only tends to happen on one planet anyway?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 20, 2015, 02:22:43 pm »

Actually, it's as if people decided they will be only be making 1 pile of rocks, and they all work together, then get angry because someone made another pile of rocks.
The council is about collaborative actions, so it shouldn't even be concerned about what a single god is doing.

But if it's that bad, I can make it a secret action.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 20, 2015, 02:24:14 pm »

I wonder, will we run into the Keshan/Slytha problem where plot important stuff only tends to happen on one planet anyway?

That makes sense.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 241