Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232486 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #735 on: August 21, 2015, 05:48:17 pm »

If I'd known how bloody interested everyone would've been in the Kitsoony, I should've got everyone together to get a discount...

I just wanted to teach them how to portray villains properly :(
Didn't expect everyone to get obsessed with them...
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 21, 2015, 05:53:46 pm »

I'm just glad that no one's paying attention to the Glorious Human Master Race for once. :P
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #737 on: August 21, 2015, 05:54:12 pm »

Yet.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 21, 2015, 05:55:15 pm »

I looked up "0-cost energy actions" in the OOC of Ye Gods 1 and 2 and found nothing relating to magic. I looked up "magic" in both and the Ctrl+F searched for "energy" to see if it's possible to use it without energy and found nothing. I've forgotten what the results of our conversation on the topic were and I failed to find them. Could you link me to it?

What the heck are you talking about?

KJP said you can use magic.
He also said he didn't predict anyone would use it outside of some Exotic things.

You are choosing really weird word searches for some reason.

They were also in-character for my god who wanted to use his god powers to do cool stuff. Cooking dinner wasn't supposed to be one of those actions, incidentally. Rather, my god just didn't want to waste all that elephant meat and leave it to rot where it was. Punching the elephant to death was rather useful as I now have a decent idea of how strong my god is. Might be useful if war breaks out and he wants to physically join a battle. Same thing with the planet drop. I'm doing these actions specifically so I can avoid assuming anything about my god's physical capabilities. I'd rather know what they are.

No it doesn't. That test was about as accurate as "Small plants have souls, big ones do not". In an actual fight against a war elephant in an army, the results may be different. Even if not, the fact you killed several of your own guys would mean the results of this test point to you being more dangerous to your own side then the enemy, with an (at least) 1/6 chance of murdering several humans  ::).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 21, 2015, 05:57:23 pm »

I'm just glad that no one's paying to the Glorious Human Master Race for once. :P
Is similar features such a bad thing?
Heck, I could list quite a few already in the game.

Gravity.
Heat.
Electricity.
Mass.
Life.
Water.
Rock.
Fusion (stars).
Etc.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 21, 2015, 06:02:29 pm »

If I'd known how bloody interested everyone would've been in the Kitsoony, I should've got everyone together to get a discount...

I just wanted to teach them how to portray villains properly :(
Didn't expect everyone to get obsessed with them...

Nah I'm just kidding. I was literally not expecting anyone to care all that much until after all the stuff got created and it came down to how the races were interacting with each other.

Kinda cool, I s'pose. The Kitsoony have met quite a few gods, and they've only existed for two minutes!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 21, 2015, 06:07:05 pm »

KJP said you can use magic.
He also said he didn't predict anyone would use it outside of some Exotic things.
I looked up "predict".
Spiderking50: Confirming what others have said, anyone with enough skill/ability can use magic. I predict gods will rarely use magic with the exception of a few undiscovered slots.
Found it. It was someone else's Q&A question. Probably the reason why I couldn't remember it.

No it doesn't. That test was about as accurate as "Small plants have souls, big ones do not". In an actual fight against a war elephant in an army, the results may be different. Even if not, the fact you killed several of your own guys would mean the results of this test point to you being more dangerous to your own side then the enemy, with an (at least) 1/6 chance of murdering several humans  ::).
I thought he was rolling what my abilities were. For example, I rolled a 1 when I cooked elephant meat so I now have a low Cooking stat, but I killed an elephant in one go so I now have a high Strength stat. Like rolling a character's stats in an RPG.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 21, 2015, 06:08:15 pm »

I'm just glad that no one's paying attention to the Glorious Human Master Race for once. :P
honk

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 21, 2015, 06:10:57 pm »

I thought he was rolling what my abilities were. For example, I rolled a 1 when I cooked elephant meat so I now have a low Cooking stat, but I killed an elephant in one go so I now have a high Strength stat. Like rolling a character's stats in an RPG.

...Why...would you assume something like that?

He made it clear he was treating it like an RTD. It looks like he rolled 1d6 and assumed the results of each action based on that. If you went out and punched 6 different Elephants in 6 different actions, you would most likely get several different results. And stabbed for annoyingness.

...In fact, he made it pretty clear

((Since you persist in trying to get numbers for that sort of thing, I counter by just turning it into a basic 1d6 RTD. :P))

Since the normal game isn't 1d6 base, there is no way you would get the same results in actual combat.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:13:54 pm by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 21, 2015, 06:24:19 pm »

Damn it you're right! I have been assuming! And here I thought I kicked my habit! From now on, I'll make sure to ask more questions!

Questions for KJP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:30:21 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 21, 2015, 06:41:24 pm »

....What is that? 28 questions? Are you trying to stall the next update for some reason?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 21, 2015, 06:44:22 pm »

Those are all questions I have in my head. Leaving them unasked means assuming or guessing their answers. Also, updates are now every 48 hours so they probably wouldn't stall any updates.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 21, 2015, 06:44:54 pm »

$$$

Pricecheck to make the ambiant background noise of the universe occasionally shift into creepy circus music.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 21, 2015, 06:45:53 pm »

$$$

Pricecheck to make the ambiant background noise of the universe occasionally shift into creepy circus music.

... why? :-\

I mean I understand it fits your character but...

It's odd and really funny at the same time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 241