Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232459 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [22/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #780 on: August 21, 2015, 11:02:28 pm »

I will make this ***very clear***
You can't breed with Crystallum unless it works the same way.
Which, kind of oddly, makes half Star Person, half Crystallum hybrids possible.  Weird, but possible, and possibly viable even as there is no particular reason why NOT.

Flamecore Crystallum, Gemcore Star Person, some sort of other method, who knows how it'll end up but it will probably be pretty interesting to see.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:04:54 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 21, 2015, 11:10:30 pm »

Sigh. It was inevitable. Will you two both cut it out before the OOC explodes for no reason?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 21, 2015, 11:13:37 pm »

I thought the OOC existed to explode for no reason.

Unless it's actually going to undergo an exothermic reaction in which case bad.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 21, 2015, 11:15:16 pm »

I thought the OOC existed to explode for no reason.

Unless it's actually going to undergo an exothermic reaction in which case bad.

Its actually endothermic. We have to keep flaming it or it will die.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 21, 2015, 11:15:32 pm »

Sigh. It was inevitable. Will you two both cut it out before the OOC explodes for no reason?

It does seem that Stirk and Andres draw out the worst in each other...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 21, 2015, 11:19:54 pm »

Labelling Humans as angels just to get a discount is penny pinching (and it was pretty much a joke, anyway). Getting low-level enforcers more powerful and expensive than Humans but less powerful and less expensive than angels is not. It's like saying that trying to get a medium tank is penny pinching because heavy tanks already exist and you should only get either them or light tanks.

...This is the min/maxing I was talking about earlier, in a form.

Lets look at it this way: What makes an Angel different from a Human? The [Divine] and [Unique] are all that matter in terms of "power". Without those, they are just loyal mortals. With them, they have a bit more power. Not a lot, like you seem to think, but a bit. How would you manage to make halfway between them?
Ah, now you understand why you think I'm min-maxing. First of all, I'm not by the definition of the phrase. Min-maxing means decreasing certain stats to increase others. In this case, I'm either decreasing all stats to get a cheaper price or increasing all stats but having to pay more.
Second, I've been thinking of angels as being more than a "bit" more powerful than a Human. Unless I'm mistaken, even a 1E angel in YG1 was more than capable of solo-killing a dragon. They're probably not quite as powerful in this game but I've been guessing them to be a lot more than a minor improvement. In my mind, a hybrid would be an ultra-powerful Human while an angel would be something in a league of its own.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:21:32 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 21, 2015, 11:20:48 pm »

Andres. Basically you are trying to munchkin.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 21, 2015, 11:21:57 pm »

Labelling Humans as angels just to get a discount is penny pinching (and it was pretty much a joke, anyway). Getting low-level enforcers more powerful and expensive than Humans but less powerful and less expensive than angels is not. It's like saying that trying to get a medium tank is penny pinching because heavy tanks already exist and you should only get either them or light tanks.

...This is the min/maxing I was talking about earlier, in a form.

Lets look at it this way: What makes an Angel different from a Human? The [Divine] and [Unique] are all that matter in terms of "power". Without those, they are just loyal mortals. With them, they have a bit more power. Not a lot, like you seem to think, but a bit. How would you manage to make halfway between them?
Ah, now you understand why you think I'm min-maxing. First of all, I'm not by the definition of the phrase. Min-maxing means decreasing certain stats to increase others. In this case, I'm either decreasing all stats to get a cheaper price or increasing all stats but having to pay more.
Second, I've been thinking of angels as being more than a "bit" more powerful than a Human. Unless I'm mistaken, even a 1E angel in YG1 was more than capable of solo-killing a dragon. They're probably not quite as powerful in this game but I've been guessing them to be a lot more than a minor improvement. A hybrid would be an ultra-powerful Human while an angel would be something in a league of its own.
So, like Nepha-Nephi-WHATEVER-those-guys-from-Diablo???

@Kevak:  It's still a question.  I mean, Angels aren't BOUND to be not-procreative.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 21, 2015, 11:23:06 pm »

@Kevak:  It's still a question.  I mean, Angels aren't BOUND to be not-procreative.

Surely up to the creator though? They want an angel that can pro-create, they say they want that, KJP prices it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 21, 2015, 11:24:17 pm »

Andres. Basically you are trying to munchkin.
How? What's munchkiny about wanting a less-powerful creature for less energy?

So, like Nepha-Nephi-WHATEVER-those-guys-from-Diablo???
Nephilim from Diablo, Supernatural, real-world mythology+religion...?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 21, 2015, 11:25:23 pm »

What is a munchkin anyway, in this context?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 21, 2015, 11:27:58 pm »

You aren't, though, Andres. You're looking for every possible advantage, in such a way so you can game the system to 'win'.

That, plus the whole 'humans being called angels to get discount' thing.

Also, if anyone's min-maxing, Stirk, it'd be me, but that's partially because I just want a giant city and this is a very convenient way to do so whilst getting a very nice bonus in the meantime as well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 21, 2015, 11:31:12 pm »

That might be a better term. I guess there are plenty of negative traits you could add if you really wanted to minmax, I was more stating with your general philosophy of getting the absolute most powerful thing you can for the cheapest you can.

Since everyone seems to be sick of us arguing about that, lets argue about Angel Strength instead!

You also overestimate the strength of Dragons. Remember when one of your Angels was killed by a Golem mob? Boosted and Well equipped Angels can deal a lot of damage (One Strike Team Fusil member was probably a mach for 100 Paladins, at least, even outside of the God Engines. Tykki was able to destroy armies in a single attack, though I only got to try that out on one city....), but default Angels in large numbers where not a one-man army. If the Sandbox gets made, I can probably prove it, but your Default Angels would probably be easily defeated by ~a squad of equally equipped humans.

What is a munchkin anyway, in this context?

TV tropes it.

You aren't, though, Andres. You're looking for every possible advantage, in such a way so you can game the system to 'win'.

That, plus the whole 'humans being called angels to get discount' thing.

Also, if anyone's min-maxing, Stirk, it'd be me, but that's partially because I just want a giant city and this is a very convenient way to do so whilst getting a very nice bonus in the meantime as well.

I got the impression you just wanted to make yourself a giant city, regardless of the actual mechanical benefits.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 21, 2015, 11:31:48 pm »

Any other player can do what you're doing though, and gain the same benefits.

Andres is trying to milk every possible benefit they can from what they're doing, which, technically, any other player can do, but would draw the ire of everyone else.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 21, 2015, 11:32:58 pm »

Ahem.  Stirk.  Where indicates a place.  Were indicates the past.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 241