Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231613 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1395 on: August 30, 2015, 08:55:28 pm »

If it dies I won't even get to try my wonderful new text color :(

Too much effort, brah :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 30, 2015, 08:56:47 pm »

Too much not knowing about the colorizer?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 30, 2015, 09:05:03 pm »

Exactly :P
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 30, 2015, 09:07:00 pm »

As a point to everyone who chose two or more 0s to add(why the hell would you pick 4 you lunatics), with our rates of growth and only one extra zero added, we'll get there soon enough, and we'll actually have room to grow, rather than hitting the millions already. Which, since these are starting populations, and all...

Speaking of which, since I can't undo it in the polls themselves, I'd like to remove my vote from two 0's added with this

Hope everything's okay, KJP! Take as much time as you need for trip stuff.

I'm used to waiting. It's worth it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:25:41 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 30, 2015, 09:22:49 pm »

Exactly :P

I'm an old man, you can't expect me to keep up with all the new-fangled nonsense that comes out can you?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 30, 2015, 09:39:23 pm »

Perhaps if you reboot Litany, you could jump a few thousand years in the future, all the gods having just fallen asleep. So gods from the last game could be reused and new gods could spawn as normal.

Probably won't. Either full redo or just a restart, doing half of each has both the problems of each.

As a point to everyone who chose two or more 0s to add(why the hell would you pick 4 you lunatics), with our rates of growth and only one extra zero added, we'll get there soon enough, and we'll actually have room to grow, rather than hitting the millions already. Which, since these are starting populations, and all...

Speaking of which, since I can't undo it in the polls themselves, I'd like to remove my vote from two 0's added with this

Hope everything's okay, KJP! Take as much time as you need for trip stuff.

I'm used to waiting. It's worth it.

NO ZEROS! The numbers are fine the way they are! Zero zeros! Zeeerooooo!

((Besides, they are just cosmetic anyway...))

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 30, 2015, 09:40:31 pm »

We don't need any population inflation.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 30, 2015, 09:41:07 pm »

Yeah I was silly and chose 0 and 1 extra... it's fine the way it is. It at least gives the game time to mature, assuming KJP was also going to scale up the Essence income from the extra worship.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 30, 2015, 09:46:05 pm »

I mean, when I first mentioned it, it was mostly because people seem to think societies create theater troupes and carnivals and cities when they have 10,000 people or less.

Rather than the hundreds of thousands typically necessary for actual specialization of that depth and magnitude to be plausible.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 30, 2015, 09:50:12 pm »

Yeah I was silly and chose 0 and 1 extra... it's fine the way it is. It at least gives the game time to mature, assuming KJP was also going to scale up the Essence income from the extra worship.

He isn't, as it says in the top, these numbers are 100% cosmetic.

I mean, when I first mentioned it, it was mostly because people seem to think societies create theater troupes and carnivals and cities when they have 10,000 people or less.

Rather than the hundreds of thousands typically necessary for actual specialization of that depth and magnitude to be plausible.

If their entire race is dedicated to making theater troupes, of course they make theater troops. Their God ordered them to do so, creating them for this specific purpose...So why wouldn't they? Even if it was twelve people and a dog they would still do what they where ordered to.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 30, 2015, 09:57:54 pm »

I voted 1 zero as well, mostly because frankly, the numbers feel too small for anything meaningful to actually happen, y'know?  And while really, I think 50K is as bad as 5K and would prefer 25K instead...Eh.  A bit too big is better than way too small.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 30, 2015, 10:00:48 pm »

Because they need food.

I also don't see where the Kitsoony were created specifically and only for theater troupes. Made Theater Troupes with them, sure, but not like that's their sole purpose in life. Plus, more autonomy in NPCs, so they ain't always gonna do what you ordered them to just cuz' you said so. Not forever, at least. Not unless you can maintain Control somehow.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 30, 2015, 10:03:25 pm »

'Cause that's what I wanted them to do?

They obviously don't need food if they're travelling about too :P or, more specifically, they don't need to have organised farming to any great extent in BroadRoad.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 30, 2015, 10:10:56 pm »

Because they need food.

I also don't see where the Kitsoony were created specifically and only for theater troupes. Made Theater Troupes with them, sure, but not like that's their sole purpose in life. Plus, more autonomy in NPCs, so they ain't always gonna do what you ordered them to just cuz' you said so. Not forever, at least. Not unless you can maintain Control somehow.

How much of a day do you think everyone farms? We are in Greek-Roman technology level, there is plenty of room for divisions of labor even among small populations. Even if we assume 90% need to work on the farm and do little else, you still have enough for dozens of theater troops.

Their [Focus] is Perform. So they are drawn to performing, as an inherent part of their nature. Like how Humans are drawn to live in groups, or even to eat and drink certain things. They aren't going to always do what they are ordered to, but they are going to for now. Performing is important to them, an inherent part of being a Kitsoony, it isn't something they would ignore for no real reason.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 30, 2015, 10:17:23 pm »

Alright, so, 90% of the population work on farms. Who makes the tools? Who distributes the tools? Who mills the grain? Who deals with disputes? Who makes new houses for the people being born and growing up? Who deals with the dead? Who worships their God(the Theater Troupes, is my guess, there, actually)? Who guards from wild beasts? Who makes the clothes? Who mines the metal? Who cuts the wood? Who has enough leftover crop to sustain these performers?

Plus, singing is also a type of performance, and one you can do while working the fields, at that. :D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 241