Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231591 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC (~24h to T2) [23/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1425 on: August 30, 2015, 11:51:21 pm »

Honestly what I think should happen if you decide reboot is all the gods go to sleep for a few thousand years and wake up around modern times tech level. I can't think of a godgame involving modern tech levels. They all die before then. Could have a pseudocreation phase allowing for more planets and stars to be added easily.

Don't they have one on this forum? "Age of Fire: A Modern Godgame" or something.

I suppose it is a possibility, but then I would have to play out and design a timeline of what happened, following general development. The things that have happened already are far from the real world, there really is no way I could make everyone happy with this. "What? The ants have discovered everything the Maag have? How is this even possible?"

If you really want, you have my permission to start one yourself  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 31, 2015, 12:01:45 am »

I could help with timeline building, I have experience with that.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 31, 2015, 12:11:08 am »

That would give you a pretty big advantage  :P. Everyone overestimates their own creations, intentionally or otherwise. I do it too, mostly for fun. Everyone would assume that their race should be better at X or developed Y technology that the other's don't have, or complain about how society changed/didn't change. And I would have to do that for each race...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 31, 2015, 12:12:16 am »

Rome started in ~753 BC.
A popular myth but very incorrect. From the sources I've read (physical books so no links), the date was closer to ~1250BC and was formed from a conglomeration of nearby villages rather than two brothers descended from Anatolians. Wikipedia says that the area of Rome has been inhabited for at least 5k years.

The "Early Iron Age" lasted from 1200BC to ~500BC, including Roman times.
According to Wikipedia, it actually lasted until around ~700AD. Sorry, didn't see the word "Early" in your sentence.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:16:46 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 31, 2015, 12:18:32 am »

Rome started in ~753 BC.
A popular myth but very incorrect. From the sources I've read (physical books so no links), the date was closer to ~1250BC and was formed from a conglomeration of nearby villages rather than two brothers descended from Anatolians. Wikipedia says that the area of Rome has been inhabited for at least 5k years.

The "Early Iron Age" lasted from 1200BC to ~500BC, including Roman times.
According to Wikipedia, it actually lasted until around ~700AD.

Being inhabited doesn't make the city the city. It would be a little like saying New York City existed in the BCs because the area was a city back then. In fact, the link you just sent me clearly states "The city of Rome originates as a village of the Latini in the 8th century BC.", which is the 700 BC area which I had stated.

The Early Iron Age lasts until around 500BC. There is a period of time in your link known as the EARLY Iron Age. The actual Iron Age lasted much longer.

And you should notice when I am just trollin' RPG.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 31, 2015, 12:27:39 am »

In fact, the link you just sent me clearly states "The city of Rome originates as a village of the Latini in the 8th century BC.", which is the 700 BC area which I had stated.
Actually, this statement seems a bit odd to me because further down the page it says there were two settlements where Rome was during the 8th century: Rumi and Titientes. The sentence at the top only mentions a village.

The Early Iron Age lasts until around 500BC. There is a period of time in your link known as the EARLY Iron Age. The actual Iron Age lasted much longer.
You should know by now to give me time to edit my posts. ::)

Don't they have one on this forum? "Age of Fire: A Modern Godgame" or something.
That game is heavily narrative (requires the players to write a lot) and updates even less than Litany. Also, he gods are more like superheroes than they are gods.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:30:34 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 31, 2015, 01:02:07 am »

Non-wikipedia sources.

Bam.

Here, and here. Both .edu sites. Literally thirty seconds of googling, mostly from managing to bungle up the typing of 'Iron Age'.

Iron age actually tends to go much earlier. Sure, 550 BC, technically, Rome exists. But it's not Rome. Not with what that actually implies. It's still the age of Greece dominating the world.

Non-Wikipedia+legitimate>wikipedia+legitimate
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 31, 2015, 02:25:45 am »

That would give you a pretty big advantage  :P. Everyone overestimates their own creations, intentionally or otherwise. I do it too, mostly for fun. Everyone would assume that their race should be better at X or developed Y technology that the other's don't have, or complain about how society changed/didn't change. And I would have to do that for each race...
Technically it wouldn't. Several thousand years is more then long enough for almost everyone to lose faith in deities. Only "immortal" creations would actually remember, and several thousand years is a pretty damn long time, faith would likely wane. The only reason I'd have a slight advantage in the regaining faith department is due to a certain trait of them. And it still wouldn't really do much at first.

Also I can't really see them actually wanting to make a standalone civ. Maybe they'd settle a few heavily forested areas after tech advanced to a point that the nomadic lifestyle is less fun then sitting around is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1433 on: August 31, 2015, 06:04:03 am »

General announcements: The internet connection and electrical supply here are rather spotty. Sorry for the complete silence over the last few days.

Andres: Link to T4.1 fixed

Rolepgeek: Counting one less 2 (not sure if I understood the instruction completely)

$$$Response
Rolepgeek:
New, non-exotic schools: 5E, I think (@@@)
[Mad From The Revelation]: Not sure if necessary, mostly decorative?
[Fanatic]: Alias to Loyalty+10?
Commander+X: Maybe just fold under Rulership (-> Leadership)?

Andres:
Size+6 angel that can possess a mortal when its size isn't needed: Avg. 1.0E/1
[Teacher]: Not sure if necessary, mostly decorative?
[Blacksmith]: Not sure if necessary, mostly decorative?

Cryxis:
Race of amphibious humanoids in the image of Caxtos: 1000 * .001 [Amphibious] [Focus-Build-Fishing] [Focus-Build-Aquaculture] = 1E per 1000

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 31, 2015, 06:15:57 am »

[Teacher]: Not sure if necessary, mostly decorative?
Very necessary. I want to create an angel with Master Affinity to Plasmamancy and the Teacher trait with the intention that it'll teach my Angels master-level Plasmamancy. Learned magical ability instead of innate magical ability.

[Blacksmith]: Not sure if necessary, mostly decorative?
Similarly, I want to create an angel that can make awesome angel-level artifacts for my forces. They obviously won't be as powerful as 2E god-made artifacts but at least it's something.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1435 on: August 31, 2015, 06:43:02 am »

Something I've had on the brain for a while:

$$$ A metal, that when drawn into a wire and stretched taut, can transmit vibrations with very little energy loss. The vibrations can continue even if the wire is attached to an anchor point in the middle. I'm probably not explaining it very well, so here's a diagram:
Spoiler: diagram (click to show/hide)

$$$ An artifact that does different things depending on the sphere of the user. So a follower of Arkford, for example, will get one effect from it, while a follower of Zenurion, for example, would get a different one, and Eid's followers would get a different effect again. I'll make a list of possible effects later, when I think of some.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 31, 2015, 06:54:58 am »

Yaay KJP is not dead :D

As you can see we were just busy going crazy and panicking at the idea that you might stop the game, the usual stuff really :P
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 31, 2015, 06:55:28 am »

$$$ A metal, that when drawn into a wire and stretched taut, can transmit vibrations with very little energy loss. The vibrations can continue even if the wire is attached to an anchor point in the middle.
You want to invent the telegraph. In the iron age. I'm not sure if you're insane or a genius.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 31, 2015, 06:56:45 am »

$$$ A metal, that when drawn into a wire and stretched taut, can transmit vibrations with very little energy loss. The vibrations can continue even if the wire is attached to an anchor point in the middle.
You want to invent the telegraph. In the iron age. I'm not sure if you're insane or a genius.

The two aren't mutually exclusive you know :P
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 31, 2015, 07:07:02 am »

No need to stick to civ-ish tech trees after all.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 241