Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232531 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1815 on: September 05, 2015, 09:25:54 am »

I mean, if the population is padded by x10, that would make the price of making people 1/10th the price.
So if we're to prevent people from churning out angels 10 times as fast as before, a trait needs to be more expensive, so I suggest making the unique trait more expensive.

Unless it's just temporary and lasts only a tick.

Also, you sound annoyed, have a husky.
Spoiler: The Husky (click to show/hide)
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: September 05, 2015, 09:29:53 am »

Increase the size of all mundane trees to Size+2: Wouldn't that end up being a decrease for most of them?
Ah, seems I misunderstood, I thought the size trait was a modifier to the base size of the creature with it, so a blue whale with size+6 would be much bigger than a blue whale without it.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 05, 2015, 10:07:00 am »

gman8181: Do you mean main gods worshiped as listed on the tickly reports? (These will tend to be Pantheon-shared races, and for the less dysfunctional ones, suggests implicit editing permission)

Yeah, regarding large scale modifications (such as to a whole race) I think that really should require a very high piety to a god that didn't initially create them. For example, god A can only modify a race he didn't create without penalty if their piety towards him outweighs their piety to their original creator. Otherwise, I can see how it would complicate things for you as the GM if a species closely followed two gods and one just wanted to modify a huge chunk of the race while the other didn't.

I meant this more directed towards the option "Sliding scale of Small, Medium, and Large changes" though and it doesn't seem like it will be chosen. Don't think it matters as much for option 2.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 05, 2015, 10:08:30 am »

I mean, if the population is padded by x10, that would make the price of making people 1/10th the price.
So if we're to prevent people from churning out angels 10 times as fast as before, a trait needs to be more expensive, so I suggest making the unique trait more expensive.

Unless it's just temporary and lasts only a tick.

Also, you sound annoyed, have a husky.
Spoiler: The Husky (click to show/hide)

Presumably, making an Angel using the Angel template (which is still .5 base each) or a Powerful, single Immortal using the Mortal template has not changed its price.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: September 05, 2015, 11:39:38 am »

gman8181: Do you mean main gods worshiped as listed on the tickly reports? (These will tend to be Pantheon-shared races, and for the less dysfunctional ones, suggests implicit editing permission)

Yeah, regarding large scale modifications (such as to a whole race) I think that really should require a very high piety to a god that didn't initially create them. For example, god A can only modify a race he didn't create without penalty if their piety towards him outweighs their piety to their original creator. Otherwise, I can see how it would complicate things for you as the GM if a species closely followed two gods and one just wanted to modify a huge chunk of the race while the other didn't.

I meant this more directed towards the option "Sliding scale of Small, Medium, and Large changes" though and it doesn't seem like it will be chosen. Don't think it matters as much for option 2.
Yeah, the cost of modifying a race should be directly proportional to the piety of that race to the god in question.  However, modifying the fraction of that race that is pious to you should be treated as if they were your race.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 05, 2015, 11:43:49 am »

He did say traits specifying a population number have not had their pop number or cost changed.

Aka modifying an individual in the first place costs more now. Presumably so does modifying a mere few dozen.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1821 on: September 05, 2015, 11:44:18 am »

Yeah, the cost of modifying a race should be directly proportional to the piety of that race to the god in question.  However, modifying the fraction of that race that is pious to you should be treated as if they were your race.
I agree with this.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 05, 2015, 01:35:17 pm »

$$$

Price check on an Eidetic Memory trait.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 05, 2015, 02:24:59 pm »

$$$PRICECHECK

What is the base price for inventing things?

Extremaphobe traits: Only able to tolerate a limited set of environments.
Weak Immune System: Especially weak to disease.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: September 05, 2015, 02:34:13 pm »

So far, it's been nothing, as long as the invention/innovation doesn't need any new creations to work. Resources are used to create new things and change them in ways they couldn't otherwise. Plain innovation doesn't necessarily require anything more than creative repurposing of old things. Then again, some innovations require others to work optimally, which in turn require more innovations...and you might eventually need to create something new to tie every loose end.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 05, 2015, 02:54:22 pm »

So far, it's been nothing, as long as the invention/innovation doesn't need any new creations to work. Resources are used to create new things and change them in ways they couldn't otherwise. Plain innovation doesn't necessarily require anything more than creative repurposing of old things. Then again, some innovations require others to work optimally, which in turn require more innovations...and you might eventually need to create something new to tie every loose end.

I was more looking for practical, not-exactly-mortal level innovations. For example, in the last game I had the beltbows and other automatic crossbows that work beyond realistic levels. Generally, I am talking about "Inventing" as giving mortals the ability on a large scale to create a certain object with a certain ability, in a way.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 05, 2015, 06:43:55 pm »

I'm still a bit confused on what affinity is good for. If affinity only means access, then does that mean the higher levels of magic are impossible for those without enough affinity? What's the point of getting higher levels of affinity if novices are already able to access the higher level spells?

$$$
Price check on magical ability (plasmamancy)

Andres: The amount of worship received at 100% piety for 170k Humans would likely be around 3E/T, not around 30E/T as it would have been previously. 4E is already high.
I'm fully aware that the cosmetic mortal booster wouldn't have affected Essence income. I'm not saying I should've gotten more Essence from Humans, I'm saying I should've gotten Essence from the races of my pantheon members. My explanation was right under my statement that 4E was too little. Am I misunderstanding how pantheon worship-sharing works? Found out that worship-sharing acts slowly.

Clergy's children burning to death: Short answer: No, not that easily because Flux beats novice magic in similar uses. Also, they're not fireproof.
Ah, Flux. That makes sense.

I/E/F caps for creations: 2x the amount intended (8E cap -> /4E creation)
Just to be certain, does actual Essence need to be spent? If I wanted to create a being with 1E capacity, I'd need to give up 2E capacity, but would I also need to give up 2E?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:51:57 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 05, 2015, 06:46:03 pm »

...It's been like two or three ticks, Andres.

It's very slow, the worship sharing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: September 05, 2015, 06:51:16 pm »

...It's been like two or three ticks, Andres.

It's very slow, the worship sharing.
Oh. I wasn't aware that worship-sharing takes time before it takes effect. Thanks for the info.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 05, 2015, 06:58:05 pm »

I'm still a bit confused on what affinity is good for. If affinity only means access, then does that mean the higher levels of magic are impossible for those without enough affinity? What's the point of getting higher levels of affinity if novices are already able to access the higher level spells?

.....What? Is there some kind of language barrier that keeps getting you confused over things like this?

No, the Affinity trait only means that everyone has access to the lowest rung. A race without any special affinity still has some mages, including high-level ones. Novices are not able to access higher level spells (safely). In fact, his example was to illustrate that fact.

By default, Pantheons will gradually extend the piety of individual members' races to include the other members with a net increase in <Essence> income.

((From BBoI, bold added)).

Ah, Flux. That makes sense.

...Did...you think they used their hands or something?

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 241