Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232520 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1845 on: September 05, 2015, 08:29:50 pm »

Eh, if it pisses you off that much, I'll leave the forum for a week.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 05, 2015, 08:33:20 pm »

Why? Dude, it's fine.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 05, 2015, 08:37:31 pm »

Really? I thought it was one of the most direct correlations.
Is it limited to certain types? Since I thought mine was the reason I was better at math than most others.

Eh, anyway, I did wrong, I'm sorry.

You have autism huh, okay. But no, no type of autism is better at math. At all.
Err, technically yes, some types are. Some types of High Functioning Autism tends to work along the lines of Savants. They are really good at one thing (such as math) or they can focus extremely well on one subject (an example would be astronomy) but have troubles elsewhere, often in the social category. Yes, there are some types of HFA that don't do that, but those are the minority. Low Functioning Autism tends to not have a Savantism associated with it. LFA is a disability. HFA is arguably both a positive and negative at the same time. Autism is really a massive glob of different things lumped under one label, so often it's a case by case basis. Yes there are trends, such as issues with social skills, and HFA tending towards savantism, but in the end, each case is different.

* Kevak has done a considerable amount of research on this.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 05, 2015, 08:45:34 pm »

There is a reason it's an autism spectrum.

...All of this is making me wonder how many forumgoers are on said spectrum.

But mostly I have to concur with Kevak's statement.

@Kevak:  What about the mild cases?  Aspergers, specifically.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:47:12 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 05, 2015, 09:11:17 pm »

Mild stuff is HFA and normally should be reviewed annually to determine if misdiagnoses. It's anything not significantly impaired by it. Although technically LFA can overcome the impairments through determination and learning, they often do not. Compared to HFA which should the impairments be overcome, they end up with a net advantage over the average person. There's a reason so many HFA people are in scientific and creative fields.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: September 05, 2015, 09:36:59 pm »

In my opinion, the price for creating artifacts is much too high. Let me explain.

If I wanted to make a shield that deflected half of all attacks, it would cost me 2 * 50 = 100E.
Alternatively, I could make an angel whose physical form was that of a shield and I'd give it the Recoil trait. It would cost me 0.5 * 50 = 25E. A quarter of the price for functionally the same thing, except it can also do magic and can never be used against me.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: September 05, 2015, 09:43:07 pm »

Andres, look at the poll...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: September 05, 2015, 09:43:47 pm »

Really, Andres?

How durable do you think that Angel is, in comparison to that shield? Moreover, how often do you think they'd be able to intercept the attack? You say you'd give them the physical form of a shield. Are you going to walk around carrying an Angel on your arm all of the time?

Mostly it's the durability thing, though; that artifact shield can tank a good few hits. That angel? Nope. Not of the magnitude we're considering here. Sure, it'll eventually resurrect, that's what [Will Be Back] is all about. But it really is about the versatility of the angel, versus the endurance of the shield. I asked KJP about magic items/artifacts. They're nigh indestructable. Angels aren't. Sure, maybe they're tough, they do have plot armor and all, but so do artifacts, if I'm interpreting what he'd said correctly. The shield, on the other hand, can't cast magic, move around on it's own, or come back to life if it ever does break. The Angel is one-use(and almost cruel, but that's beside the point) for each fight. The Shield might only work for one fight, if it's a hard one...but if it's a hard fight, you'll need the shield far more than you will the Angel.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1853 on: September 05, 2015, 09:45:38 pm »

Regarding artifacts being essentially indestructible: Can confirm, am artifact

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: September 05, 2015, 09:47:24 pm »

Aya... I voted for 0.5 twice, just take those votes out.

PPE: You're meant to be sleeping, KJP :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: September 05, 2015, 09:51:36 pm »

Really, Andres?

How durable do you think that Angel is, in comparison to that shield? Moreover, how often do you think they'd be able to intercept the attack? You say you'd give them the physical form of a shield. Are you going to walk around carrying an Angel on your arm all of the time?

Mostly it's the durability thing, though; that artifact shield can tank a good few hits. That angel? Nope. Not of the magnitude we're considering here. Sure, it'll eventually resurrect, that's what [Will Be Back] is all about. But it really is about the versatility of the angel, versus the endurance of the shield. I asked KJP about magic items/artifacts. They're nigh indestructable. Angels aren't. Sure, maybe they're tough, they do have plot armor and all, but so do artifacts, if I'm interpreting what he'd said correctly. The shield, on the other hand, can't cast magic, move around on it's own, or come back to life if it ever does break. The Angel is one-use(and almost cruel, but that's beside the point) for each fight. The Shield might only work for one fight, if it's a hard one...but if it's a hard fight, you'll need the shield far more than you will the Angel.

I actually agree with Andres on this one. 2E base is absurdidly expensive for almost any case. The increase in price might be worth it for some things, like shields, but in most things they are more expensive than a will-built mortal for the task. For example, just to increase the user's combat ability to +2 would take 4E, enough just to grant whoever you want it to grant it to the ability directly. Artifacts have their own weaknesses too, such as not having the same loyalty as Angels, meaning it is much easier to steal them and use them against their creator. And once you go away form combat, where the indestructibility really matters, the expense becomes even more clear.

It really is fairly expensive, for what you get.

Aya... I voted for 0.5 twice, just take those votes out.

PPE: You're meant to be sleeping, KJP :P

Shh. You will wake him up. He has been slumbering for days, getting up the energy to deal with us.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: September 05, 2015, 10:09:55 pm »

Andres, look at the poll...
I think that poll came up after I asked my question.

How durable do you think that Angel is, in comparison to that shield?
I don't know. By my guess, an angel with the form of a wooden shield would be just as durable as a wooden shield with the Artifact title slapped onto it.

Moreover, how often do you think they'd be able to intercept the attack?
As much as a wooden shield would be able to.

You say you'd give them the physical form of a shield. Are you going to walk around carrying an Angel on your arm all of the time?
Shinjo users went around doing practically the same thing. I see absolutely no reason why I wouldn't.

I asked KJP about magic items/artifacts. They're nigh indestructable.
The thing about that is that there was absolutely no indication of this anywhere up until KJP confirmed this in the post after yours. The only info that was publicly available on artifacts was that they cost a minimum of 2E. The only difference between a wooden shield and an Artifact wooden shield was that the latter cost 2E, as far as we knew based on the information given to us.

$$$
Price check on a [Reflect Attack] trait which gives a being the ability to reflect an enemy's attack
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:14:33 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: September 05, 2015, 10:15:18 pm »

That's true.

I think I mentioned how much they cost when I asked him about it. I think he said you can give them some abilities in the base template, stuff that's not expensive enough to justify a big multiplier. So in that sense it might be better, unlike with mortals/angels in which every little thing puts the price up that little bit higher.

Not sure about Loyalty, though. Most of my artifacts will be building sized and held inside my body within the City of Rule or deep underground, so being stolen from isn't really a concern for me, anyway. And if you can't steal something, you'd wanna break it. *shrug* It probably is pretty freakin' expensive for what it is, but I'm guessing it can also fill the role of the form it takes; a suit of armor, for example, would probably protect ya pretty well before you add on other stuff.

I think the Recoil trait might just be a bad one for artifacts, too; absurdly expensive, and they're already nigh-indestructable, so you could probably just have an artifact shield and tack on other stuff if you wanted for it to be an effective god-to-god-combat shield.

My guess is their base ability as an artifact will reflect whatever their new price becomes, too, so meh. I kinda like the idea of there being but a few supremely powerful divine artifacts, all of truly immense power. Stealing them would be beyond merely an extraordinary feat, as you are, in the vast majority of cases, stealing from the gods themselves.

Oh yeah, and I think you could make multiple lesser artifacts just by specifying you were. Or something. Meh.

Actually, I think I'll ($$$) price check on the Thunder Guns if they're made using only Plasmancy.

Thunder Guns are basically artillery pieces that are powered in large part (in my current idea of them) by the magical power/energy of the crew using it, which helps explain part of why it has a large crew, around 10-12, to spread the drain around. They use plasmancy mostly because they typically shoot lightning(for long range), which I would think explodes what it hits, and can probably leap from Gun to Gun to get a bigger bolt; plasma, for medium range, in the form of a condensed ball, which expands upon impacting, splattering molten death over all it hits; and fire(short range, of course(relatively speaking)), which does much as you would expect. Doesn't need a whole lot of training, though it does need some. Knowing Plasmancy doesn't make the operation itself easier, though it would probably help aiming if you manipulated what came out, as would several other magics. The Gun itself looks like a long 4-sided obelisk of black metal, around half a foot around at the front end(not perfectly square, somewhat rectangular/tall trapezoidal), around a foot and a half at the back; it would quite often be bent down to be set into the ground there, for stationary emplacements. Set up usually has it set at an angle between 70° and 15° with the ground, depending on the expected range of engagement(higher is better for longer ranges), usually elevated (either with the bottom part of it being perpendicular with the ground, with the sudden bend and all, or on a carriage of some sort) between 2 to 4 feet above the ground at the lower end.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1858 on: September 05, 2015, 10:24:33 pm »

Perhaps this can work for making less powerful artifacts cheaper?
Destructible <x0.25?>: Item is as destructible as a mundane replica made from real materials behaving realistically (i.e. no neutronium outside neutron stars)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: September 05, 2015, 10:25:56 pm »

Not sure about Loyalty, though. Most of my artifacts will be building sized and held inside my body within the City of Rule or deep underground, so being stolen from isn't really a concern for me, anyway. And if you can't steal something, you'd wanna break it. *shrug* It probably is pretty freakin' expensive for what it is, but I'm guessing it can also fill the role of the form it takes; a suit of armor, for example, would probably protect ya pretty well before you add on other stuff.

Maybe, but its mostly the other stuff you are after anyway, right? Besides, we will find a way to steal the things inside your body. And besides that, most people aren't going to keep artifacts inside them, and many would probably like to grant them to Champions or Angels.

Perhaps this can work for making less powerful artifacts cheaper?
Destructible <x0.25?>: Item is as destructible as a mundane replica made from real materials behaving realistically (i.e. no neutronium outside neutron stars)

I personally think that would work perfectly! It would leave the base price at .5, which is what everyone wanted. This would have my vote if you put it in the poll~.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 241