Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232549 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #1905 on: September 06, 2015, 03:47:08 pm »

I have reached it as well.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 06, 2015, 03:51:36 pm »

The obviose solution is to make Alt accounts for your characters, and use these to bypass the limit! RULES ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 06, 2015, 03:58:28 pm »

Nevermind, I was able to post just now.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 06, 2015, 06:33:27 pm »

Does it count as an expy if you need an explanation as to why it's an expy?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 06, 2015, 06:48:04 pm »

Does it count as an expy if you need an explanation as to why it's an expy?

Prolly a small penalty expy.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 06, 2015, 07:24:16 pm »

Let's say a being has no affinity or ability trait for plasmamancy. If they practice plasmamancy their whole life, will they eventually be able to cast intermediate or higher spells without burning out? I'm asking if affinity is strictly necessary to bypass burn out or if it can be circumvented with time and diligence.

Speaking of burn out, what is it? Does it affect the mind? Does it affect the body? Does it affect the soul? (Questions asked in this way to prevent mathematician's answers. ;))

$$$
Price check on a [Healing Hands] trait that gives a race the ability to cure disease or repair injury by putting their hands in the affected area, at which point the hands start glowing and the body starts healing. Limited by healer fatigue and strength of magic (a healer gets better with experience and thus age). I've seen this in multiple works so I'm not sure if it can be classified as an expy or not.
Price check on an [Eats Evil Souls] trait that gives a race or being the ability to eat souls, but they only benefit from eating evil souls and eating neutral/good souls harms them (dependent on the soul's morality, rather than the soul having a Good/Neutral/Evil trait). Inspired by Soul Eater, but still has unique stuff.
Price check on a [Strong Soul] trait

For definitions of good/neutral/evil, I suggest looking at a D&D manual or something like that if you really need to. I'm talking about generic defend the weak, be nice to people, respect life, etc. stuff.

As for affinity/ability, I suggest you simply combine them. Having them separate is unnecessarily obstructive and complex.

EDIT: I found this in the OP:
Affinities indicate which schools of magic a creation is associated with. One affinity is available for free for any creation, and on sapient races, has the effect of granting all normal members of the race an inborn ability to use the specified path on a novice level.
See, this is pretty simple. It's basically "what magic a race uses." Nothing about constitution or strength or any of that stuff, just simply what magic they use. It even says specifically that it gives members of the race ability to use magic.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:40:02 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 06, 2015, 07:40:19 pm »

$$$PRICECHECK
Inoculating a race against soul-eating diseases.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 06, 2015, 07:41:52 pm »

I wonder if eating souls can be considered good at all, even if it's only evil ones. Soul eating is something I would think of as Irrevocably evil, considering you prevent them from having an afterlife and kill them with no chance of revival or anything else. I'd maybe put that in the he who fight monsters category at best.

Anyways, speaking of expies, where do we draw the line between taking inspiration from a work and copying it?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:44:05 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 06, 2015, 07:49:10 pm »

Andres, what would [Strong Soul] do?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 06, 2015, 07:50:02 pm »

See, this is pretty simple. It's basically "what magic a race uses." Nothing about constitution or strength or any of that stuff, just simply what magic they use. It even says specifically that it gives members of the race ability to use magic.

...Did...

......Did.

.....Did you JUST read it now?

Price check on an [Eats Evil Souls] trait that gives a race or being the ability to eat souls, but they only benefit from eating evil souls and eating neutral/good souls harms them (dependent on the soul's morality, rather than the soul having a Good/Neutral/Evil trait). Inspired by Soul Eater, but still has unique stuff.

Who's turn is it to explain Objective Morality to Andres? Please don't be mine.

Price check on a [Strong Soul] trait

...You should explain what you want it to do before price checking.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 06, 2015, 07:51:33 pm »

I wonder if eating souls can be considered good at all, even if it's only evil ones. Soul eating is something I would think of as Irrevocably evil, considering you prevent them from having an afterlife and kill them with no chance of revival or anything else. I'd maybe put that in the he who fight monsters category at best.
Imagine an atheist IRL. He's legally killing someone in self-defence. The atheist believes that the person he's killing will have no afterlife and will have no chance of revival or anything else. Is the atheist evil, even in spirit?

Now imagine someone in YG2. He can either permanently kill an evil person or let ten thousand innocent people be non-permanently killed. What choice makes him good and what choice makes him evil?

In my opinion, permanently killing someone is alone not something that would drive someone over the moral event horizon. It is simply to truly kill someone. It's the context around the action that marks the killer as evil or something else.

Andres, what would [Strong Soul] do?
I dunno, I guess it makes it less likely to be destroyed and makes it better with soul-based magic and stuff.

...Did...

......Did.

.....Did you JUST read it now?
I forget many things. It also seems that KJP forgot he wrote that. Either that or the rules have changed without the OP being updated.

Who's turn is it to explain Objective Morality to Andres? Please don't be mine.
Oh come on, I even explained what I meant by good, evil, and neutral this time. It's right under the price check. Also, it's "whose" not "who's". "Who's" is used for "who is".
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:56:39 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 06, 2015, 07:52:30 pm »

I'm guessing it confers immunity to soul-eating?
Which is also what I pricechecked.
...Well, actually:
$$$PRICECHECK
Trait to prevent the consumption of a being's soul IN GENERAL as opposed to just against diseases.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 06, 2015, 07:57:21 pm »

Ooh question: Would making 1.1E microbial organisms with lets say immortality result in 10,000 microbes? If so, that's ridiculously small for a microbial organism. Take note that these theoretical microbe are not sapient.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 06, 2015, 07:58:14 pm »

Ooh question: Would making 1.1E microbial organisms with lets say immortality result in 10,000 microbes? If so, that's ridiculously small for a microbial organism. Take note that these theoretical microbe are not sapient.
Their price would drop due to having the [Size-99999999999] trait.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 06, 2015, 08:01:49 pm »

I dunno, I guess it makes it less likely to be destroyed and makes it better with soul-based magic and stuff.

You. Can't. Price. Check. Something. You. Don't. Know.

Oh come on, I even explained what I meant by good, evil, and neutral this time. It's right under the price check. Also, it's "whose" not "who's". "Who's" is used for "who is".

No, you didn't. You said "LIK DND LOL!" and pretty much left it at that. You see Andres, morality in this universe (Outside dubious choices of Gods choosing sphere like "Goodness" and "Villainry") isn't on a scale. It isn't objective. Action A isn't evil all the time from the perspective of everyone. It is subjective, like in real life. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:06:48 pm by Stirk »

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 241