Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 232653 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #2415 on: September 16, 2015, 05:19:24 pm »

How many did you ask for?

50*100. So 50,000.

Oh! I know! KJP is is a python or java devolper. ((Seen from one of his screenshots)) and he mentions scripts that help him run the game. So, he probably has a program to run the game.

He said he was developing python for it. And he does, but it only takes care of the numbers.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: September 16, 2015, 05:20:55 pm »

Well he's written a program in python to help with running the game because it involves a great deal of maths for the Influnce and Worship and Races births/deaths.

I assume he's asking someone to help him test it...

PPE: Dammit Stirk
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: September 16, 2015, 05:21:37 pm »

I CREATE SEVERAL HUNDRED BASTAEGIS
Spoiler: Bastaegis (click to show/hide)
AND GIVE A HUNDRED TO EACH CEBRAIN

Does
this make any more sense to what i was saying
Did he look at the numbers?
Because this is his biggest clue as to how many Cebrains I made.
::) . You made 50. Says so right there.
700 - 100 = 600 #1
600 - 100 = 500 #2
500 - 100 = 400 #3
400 - 100 = 300 #4
300 - 100 = 200 #5
200 - 100 = 100 #6
100 - 100 = 0     #7
So haw many Hundreds did i remove?
Can ya tell now?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: September 16, 2015, 05:26:05 pm »

I can, after you posted several times to explain that that's what you wanted.

Again, we're telling you to be more specific. KJP has 26 players all performing actions in public and private, you cannot expect him to figure out how many creatures you want to create when you say "several".
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: September 16, 2015, 05:27:19 pm »

I can, after you posted several times to explain that that's what you wanted.

Again, we're telling you to be more specific. KJP has 26 players all performing actions in public and private, you cannot expect him to figure out how many creatures you want to create when you say "several".

Especially when you consider that 7 are pretty much completely worthless for the task he asks of them...

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: September 16, 2015, 05:32:18 pm »

I CREATE SEVEN CEBRAINS NAME THEM: ZERO, ZIXAR, ZANTH, DRAGGOTH, ZASZ, GORM,  AND ZINTH, I THEN DIVIDE MY BASTAEGIS AMONG THEM, THERE ORDERS ARE TO RUN THE ZETH HORDE, AND CONVERT ANY WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN GODS

When do the zerg come in?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: September 16, 2015, 05:35:03 pm »

I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: September 16, 2015, 05:36:08 pm »

To control some people to worship me? seven in highly populated areas sounds about right to me, besides i was mostly going to use them to direct the Zeth horde...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: September 16, 2015, 05:36:36 pm »

To control some people to worship me? seven in highly populated areas sounds about right to me, besides i was mostly going to use them to direct the Zeth horde...
Mind control negates worship.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #2424 on: September 16, 2015, 05:36:44 pm »

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: September 16, 2015, 05:36:52 pm »

I CREATE SEVEN CEBRAINS NAME THEM: ZERO, ZIXAR, ZANTH, DRAGGOTH, ZASZ, GORM,  AND ZINTH, I THEN DIVIDE MY BASTAEGIS AMONG THEM, THERE ORDERS ARE TO RUN THE ZETH HORDE, AND CONVERT ANY WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN GODS

My Zerglings Are already in
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: September 16, 2015, 05:40:26 pm »

:P

This isn't a game of Clue. Just be a bit more specific with your later actions if you want more specific results. The definition of "several" doesn't actually have anything to do "seven". It's a vague term and I'm not in the least bit surprised that KJP didn't manage to piece together the "clues" that were left behind about how many of the species you actually wanted.

If you want seven of something, say you want "seven" of something. Or say you want "7" of something. Saying you want "several" of something only serves to indicate that you want multiple but not too many of something. That is, again, a very vague term to describe the numbers you wanted.

Keep in mind, KJP is running this game with... 26(?) of us now. Every tick, he has to go through the public actions of 26 players. Some of those players write their actions across multiple posts. Some of them change their actions hours or days after they initially posted them (and potentially after KJP had already processed them). That's not even including the fact that some people bold their actions, some people "quote their actions", some people color their actions and some people probably post their actions in a completely different way. That means, not only does KJP have to go around looking for a specific indicator that someone has posted an action, but that he has to read through every single post looking for anything that might potentially be an action. The thread has about 18 pages of posts per every tick for him to go through... in just the IC thread. It's closer to 36 pages of posts if you include the OOC thread which he needs to go through for price checks and questions... and then he also gets tons of PMs from people performing private actions or questions.

Doing all that, writing up the ticks, trying to keep game balance and doing whatever he does in real life is clearly a lot of work for anyone who actually considers it. It's pretty unfair to KJP for anyone to expect him to have the time to guess at what actions you want to take based off an unclear post.

Sooo... not to rant but I think it's a lot more reasonable to just write your actions as clearly as possible and then if there is a problem, calmly let KJP know that something happened that you didn't intend. Ideally, there will be a balanced and fair way to remedy the situation that doesn't affect everyone and everything too much. If not, then just take steps to avoid further misunderstandings next time and realize that this is a time consuming game being run by someone for free for all of our enjoyment. :)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #2427 on: September 16, 2015, 05:41:26 pm »

Next task: Create the Protoss.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: September 16, 2015, 05:42:52 pm »

I could do that, they ARE psychic
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: September 16, 2015, 05:45:29 pm »

I could do that, they ARE psychic
Expies cost x1.3 times more than normal stuff.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 241