Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 231622 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #2565 on: September 19, 2015, 11:45:04 am »

Inertia of replying to stuff in the thread you read them in. Also why there are often several ((OOC)) posts responding to each other in IC threads.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: September 19, 2015, 11:51:20 am »

Inertia of replying to stuff in the thread you read them in. Also why there are often several ((OOC)) posts responding to each other in IC threads.
^^^^^
Also:
$$$PRICECHECK on hiding Pantheons.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: September 19, 2015, 11:52:53 am »

BiggerFish, considering there is no cost attached to creating a pantheon to the best of my knowledge, it's probably free. It's like an alliance made in secret.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: September 19, 2015, 12:22:03 pm »

I'd like to note that it'd have to be within reason. Zhen shouldn't be allowed to ask an entire dryadic community of a tens of thousands who'd been living in the area for a couple of centuries to move just because he wants a new highway for example. We'd need to work out specifics. Maybe define national borders or something? I have no idea.

EDIT: And because quite honestly this feels like quite a concession on my part, I'd like some sort of compensation if at all possible, since otherwise it'd seem like I'm giving in to threats of war. I'm just not in the mood for a war atm.
Nothing like that. Not moving an entire forest. It's more like just letting a pathway through the forest. For farmland, that's a bit different. And you say it feels like a concession on your part, but letting you slaughter lumberjacks for trying to feed their families feels like inaction on mine. You are the one killing people. I'm offering compromise, but it's not gonna be me creating new sources of construction material or fuel(bamboo and fuel trees would probably work, though I'm probably forgetting quite a few things as to what needs types of wood other than bamboo), purely out of my own pocket. You'd need to chip in quite a bit too.

Although, aquaculture might help. Who, I'm not sure, but underwater trees, or underwater cities/farms, would be an interesting idea to optimize space.

As for a translation, he's asking if you are going to refuse, or get your people to refuse to compromise, reminding you that he's part of a pantheon(and the unspoken implication is he feels like he can overpower you without undue risk), and asking that if we are going to go to war, we set up rules of engagement to prevent a similar scenario with god-killing weapons and shit like with Zenurion that got people locked up. Basically, a war so the war doesn't go on forever and a day, but also doesn't result in one of our deaths or unnecessary collateral damage(which would mean, incidentally, I wouldn't be committing tree genocide in a bid to ruin your Influence, and would probably focus instead on those Dryads and shit that are murdering people).

Also, BiggerFish, there is no inherent pantheon bonus. It comes from cooperation discounts and shit on this stuff. And considering that Zhin, at least, is probably gonna be pretty stubborn about making Sylvan work with him/us/people to fund the creation of alternate sources of stuff, well...he's not gonna want to fund something unless she's gonna help. Partially a matter of principle, partially a matter of power dynamics.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: September 19, 2015, 12:26:17 pm »

Would something like a duel between champions interest you?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: September 19, 2015, 12:54:27 pm »

Possibly. :P Zhin likes the idea, certainly; it's a much more...civilized way of resolving disputes via force/power, without requiring war with all the waste it implies.

That said, she only said Zhin couldn't interfere with her killing lumberjacks. Someone else probably will at some point or another.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: September 19, 2015, 01:05:39 pm »

Possibly. :P Zhin likes the idea, certainly; it's a much more...civilized way of resolving disputes via force/power, without requiring war with all the waste it implies.

That said, she only said Zhin couldn't interfere with her killing lumberjacks. Someone else probably will at some point or another.
You mean someone Zhin incited to do so?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: September 19, 2015, 01:10:22 pm »

No I mean like Eid (or maybe Itia/Jens, given the way they respond to mortals dying) eventually realizing humans are getting killed for lumberjacking and throwing a fit about it.

Don't get angry at me, Andres, that's the sort of thing your character would do. He hates his people being murdered for no apparent reason.

Zhin wouldn't incite his pantheon members to. He probably wouldn't discourage them, either, and while Qytesis would probably be a bit annoyed about that, it would be well within the (current) wording of the agreement... But he's mostly better than that. Or thinks he is, at any rate.

If he did lose, he would probably get Bamboo and wood farms going(she didn't say he can't cut down trees, and wood farmers aren't lumberjacks, they're farmers :P though somewhat less likely result for that bit), set up fuel tree farms, encourage fruit tree growth in places where he's trying to expand to to provide food, move trees out of vast swathes of potential farmland he wants via Flux or the like...or find ways to incorporate forests and woods into the expansion, build farms in natural groves, have them fish and hunt and the like more often, use deadwood for fuel and the like when possible, etc. He does like efficiency, after all, and sometimes it's easier to work with nature than pave over it.

EDIT: Also I was thinking for the three battles more something along the lines of each world being a separate thing for whether lumberjacks are being murdered or not. Which would probably lead to somewhat more deforesting on the ones that aren't killing lumberjacks since they'd want to move there, but also to more trade through the City of Rule, which he's always in favor of.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 01:15:17 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: September 19, 2015, 01:13:51 pm »

No I mean like Eid (or maybe Itia/Jens, given the way they respond to mortals dying) eventually realizing humans are getting killed for lumberjacking and throwing a fit about it.

Don't get angry at me, Andres, that's the sort of thing your character would do. He hates his people being murdered for no apparent reason.

Zhin wouldn't incite his pantheon members to. He probably wouldn't discourage them, either, and while Qytesis would probably be a bit annoyed about that, it would be well within the (current) wording of the agreement... But he's mostly better than that. Or thinks he is, at any rate.
I will admit I'm surprised it took this long for someone to raise a ruckus about me killing lumberjacks.  :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: September 19, 2015, 01:16:24 pm »

((Also I made edits :P))

Zhin's been annoyed about it for a while, but there hasn't been much reason to bother with it as he hasn't received many reports of wood shortages or the like, but he figured he may as well attempt to compromise now rather than after it's become a problem. Things just sorta went from there.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: September 19, 2015, 01:20:33 pm »

three battles one on each world (To make it more interesting) win two and you get what you wanted, besides its more fair if you have three one champion could get lucky and insta-kill the other champion.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: September 19, 2015, 01:26:52 pm »

What limit are you proposing for Essence? Because Zhin has been spending quite a bit lately, and my guess is Sylvan has a bunch saved up, since she hasn't made anything recently, so he's not gonna agree to something that would cost him ludicrous amounts.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: September 19, 2015, 01:29:59 pm »

What limit are you proposing for Essence? Because Zhin has been spending quite a bit lately, and my guess is Sylvan has a bunch saved up, since she hasn't made anything recently, so he's not gonna agree to something that would cost him ludicrous amounts.
Uh what? I've been using up all my ichor and essence near every tick, including this one (One nice thing is that my ichor regeneration is higher if I'm on one ichor)

The question is moot though because I've settled on compromising if that's okay?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: September 19, 2015, 01:30:51 pm »

Meow thinks this whole debate is silly and that we should use penguins as fuel.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: September 19, 2015, 01:31:31 pm »

Meow thinks this whole debate is silly and that we should use penguins as fuel.
That's probably spark Sadic to violence though.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 241