Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 154780 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 19 - Might of the Kaurava
« Reply #510 on: January 31, 2016, 05:38:39 pm »

Go straight to the police officers and strange man in the suit and ask if any help required. Be ready to defend herself with martial arts in case of anyone acting hostile
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 31, 2016, 11:51:19 pm »

((It's my headcannon that going deeper into the portals leads to inception level stuff, where the lower you go the slower time goes, also, if it's alright I'm just going to make up the cosmetics for the wings.))
The (false) spirit flexes his metallic wings, formed from iron and silver, it emits a faint glow around him.
"NOW DOES ANYONE DISBELIEVE MY STRENGTH?
The (False) spirit glares at all the people around him, before continuing.
MY LOYAL SERVANT, YURI, STAND UP, WE HAVE MUCH TO DO FOR THIS TRIBE."
Okay, hopefully my bonus to engineering and/or military strategy will help here, but me and Yuri are going to try and teach some of the warriors how to use the guns, and also try to adapt the armor for use on the tribesmen.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 01, 2016, 08:27:03 am »

Using the officer's anger, run straight for the Wiki Warrior and kill!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:42:33 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 20 - Supreme Ultimate Tiger Woods No-Jutsu
« Reply #513 on: February 03, 2016, 11:09:01 am »

Round 20:  Supreme Ultimate Tiger Woods No Jutsu
Weather Conditions: Snowing (9.7 inches)
Time: Evening

NAV brushes right past the officer in the alleyway, who stands there mouth agape and body shaking. In the snowy darkness he sees lights flashing in the middle of the street, among them a man in a suit, not someone who would normally be a police officer. With them in his sights, NAV races forward, his Golf Club held above his head in the style of a war club. Attracted by the noise of fast footsteps crushing ice, an officer swings his light over towards the alleyway and spots NAV. "He's here!" (10+3+2 vs. 2) Before they can even raise their guns up, NAV slashes his golf club in a horizontal arc, still about two feet away from the policemen. He doesn't need to be close however, the shockwave produced by his attack cuts through the air like a spinning sawblade. All of Hawk's police entourage are decapitated, and he steps back as bodies and heads litter the ground around him. (5 vs. 2) Hawk fires the Riot Shotgun and a single beanbag is sent careening into NAV's torso. It doesn't do any damage, but it does sent NAV to the ground, rolling a few solid feet away, giving Hawk enough time to fire another shot or run.

Person forks over his Luger and comes out the Pawn Shop a little more than $600 richer. Following the exchange, he searches for a hospital or clinic, and finds all of them to be ruined and abandoned in the local area; it appears that there weren't too many medical centers when the city was normal anyways. He does come across a sort of ad-hoc clinic improvised in one of the temporary sheltering areas where the civilians of Denmark have fled. The volunteer workers are hesitant to work with a tournament contestant after the destruction of their town, but after several minutes of assuring them that he took no part in the collateral damage, Person is given treatment. [All wounds Healed.]

Abstract claims no motive for his deeds other than altruism. He exits City Hall and heads further into Green Bay, stopping at a local barbershop to get a new cut. (5+2) The barber is experienced and is able to give him a fresh and professional look, and goes to great lengths to prevent hair from getting on his WWI Uniform. However, when the barber rings him up a price of $24, Abstract realizes he lacks any monetary funds.

Execute flexes metallic wings before the shocked crowd of thousands. "NOW DOES ANYONE DISBELIEVE MY STRENGTH?" The question to challenge skeptics goes unanswered. "MY LOYAL SERVANT, YURI, STAND UP, WE HAVE MUCH TO DO FOR THIS TRIBE." Yuri stands up much more slowly than usual as Execute takes him and explains to him his plan to defeat the invaders. (7+2) Execute arranges for the most skilled warriors to come with him and Yuri and are taught the ways of the firearm. The concept is alien to them at first, having lived for thousands of years on swords, spears and bows, but they quickly learn to harness the power of flintlock and by the end of the day can hit a tree at 100 meters away. They are sent off to show their newfound knowledge to their subordinates. (2+2) Execute then attempts to tamper with the armor in order to make it more adaptable to the natives, but his 21st century engineering knowledge is too much for the 16th century armor; while it was at the cutting-edge of military technology during its creation, to him it's rudimentary, almost primitive and hardly better than the shields that the natives already had. Even cutting it or melting it down into different shape produces unwieldy and random results. Execute concludes would be more efficient for the natives to learn new weaponry and tactics rather than having to adapt to shoddy armor.
During this time, a shaman offers to heal Yuri of his scars. Yuri accepts, and with the use of special oils and herbs, Yuri's face comes out fresh. [Wounds Healed]
The Emperor approaches Execute. "Spirit, your guidance is legendary among our soldiers, they are quickly learning to use the power of the thunder-stick and will surely surpass the skill of the Pale Men. But our time grows short, I can hear the roar of their magic come closer every day. They bring large thunder sticks that roll on wheels, spears that have many heads, but most terrifying, four-legged beasts that are as fast as a cougar but much larger."

Greatness trundles down the hillside and spots the light emitted from one of the camps at the edge of town, where many people are congregated. As he approaches, the people say nothing to him; if he gets to close to any of them, they back away. The samurai activates his Mindwarper Helmet and delves into the mind of the villagers to gain intelligence on his competition. (4) The thoughts of those around him are at worst useless and at best vague. The most he can find are images of burning buildings and fire coming down from the sky, and emergency vehicles racing downtown. Even without the use of his helmet, Greatness's intuitive Bushido instinct tell him that someone important may not be far from his location...

Nunzillor bows and accepts the truck driver's offer. She climbs into the passenger seat as the truck climbs back onto the snowy road, steadily moving down the highway. "I couldn't exactly leave a soul out here on a night like this, even if you did dress prepared!" He chuckles as the truck turns onto the exit for Manitowoc. "Say miss, you don't sound like your from here. Are you one of those Asian tourists who come here for the skiing?" Once in Manitowoc territory, he stops the truck in a parking lot for a Sports Bar & Grill.

Ukranian Ranger walks towards the police officers intending to help, when shes sees a man run out an alleyway towards them. She tries to yell out and warn them, but it's too late; she's watches the wiki-warrior swing something and then all of the police officer's fall over, heads rolling all over the place. Ranger has to take a step back, in all of her years of martial arts training she had never seen a technique or weapon that could kill three armed police officers simultaneously. The man in the suit shoots the aggressor with some sort of gun and he goes flying back. Neither of them had spotted her yet.

Darkness has set in for the night. Rolls requiring Vision (including attacks from Ranged Weapons) are all penalized; the farther away, the greater the penalty. The penalty is removed if the target area is lit up. (Because of the damage to Denmark, the general power system including the street lamps are down.)

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:43:16 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 03, 2016, 11:20:59 am »

Tell him as someone who is technically over a hundred I am immune to the law but that the national british veteran association will pay and that he need just call the royal palace I then proceed to walk to my car and drive away very fast
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 03, 2016, 11:57:31 am »

Grab a pistol off the dead police and calmly shoot NAV. No retreat.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 03, 2016, 12:07:32 pm »

Try to perform a sneaky attack on the weird glof club swinging martial artists, no one will stand between her and J.C. Penny Store empire
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 03, 2016, 01:02:34 pm »

Golf the beanbag back at Hawk! Then mace him a question! Parry any more bullets or attacks with the club!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #518 on: February 03, 2016, 01:33:20 pm »

"No, I've come here to overthrow the local government.  Domo arigato!"

Bow, then run off and search for a payphone.  If one is found, call the Wisconsin Tea Party and tell them I can help them with their secession plans, but I need mercenaries and funding.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:59:57 pm by Nunzillor »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 03, 2016, 02:39:33 pm »

"No, I've come here to overthrow the local government.  Domo arigato!"

Bow, then run off and search for a payphone.  If one is found, call the Wisconsin GOP and tell them I can help them with their secession plans, but I need mercenaries and funding.

Sure, but there are better groups to get into contact with than the general GOP. Some Militia, hardcore State's Righters, Conspiracy Theorists, Survivalists, maybe even the Tea Party. The GOP, especially in Wisconsin, no doubt hates "big government" and the "libral elite" but I doubt most of them would support outright secession. :P
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nunzillor

« Reply #520 on: February 03, 2016, 02:59:38 pm »

The Wisconsin GOP did a vote on it, and even though ultimately they did not vote in favor of secession, there do appear to be many that sympathize with the idea.  Most of them were in the Tea Party, however, so I'll refocus on that particular group.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 03, 2016, 03:40:01 pm »

((Slight typo: apparently NAV shot himself.))
((It's the only one I saw, though.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 03, 2016, 03:44:10 pm »

The Wisconsin GOP did a vote on it, and even though ultimately they did not vote in favor of secession, there do appear to be many that sympathize with the idea.  Most of them were in the Tea Party, however, so I'll refocus on that particular group.

Ah, I stand partially corrected then. Interesting.

((Slight typo: apparently NAV shot himself.))
((It's the only one I saw, though.))

Fix'd.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 03, 2016, 03:54:48 pm »

Follow my intuition about this guy. If I see a Wiki Warrior on the way to this important person, duck behind a building and scout out the perfect time to strike.

Man, I love this game.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 03, 2016, 04:17:54 pm »

The false spirit nods quietly. "I see, this is most troublesome, " He looks up to the darkening sky, then to his wings, before continuing, "Of course, to defeat a beast, we must cut the head off the monster, do you know where these white men first arrived?"
Get directions, and if it is night, fly under the cover of darkness to hopefully find the camp where the captain may be stationed.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 97