Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 153869 times)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 42 - The Sunset Invasion
« Reply #885 on: March 24, 2016, 07:40:51 am »

fire at the painting  studio

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 24, 2016, 08:07:07 am »

...Well! That was a quick death. I fear the dice were extremely against me that round.

It was tragic, and I honestly don't like it when people die off so quickly. It's just that Tyrol had the luck, when I rolled the 10 vs. 1 I thought "Damn. That was fast." But rules are rules, after all, if Tyrol had a bad Takeoff Roll she could have easily crashed into the side of a hill instead of targetting you.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 24, 2016, 09:10:28 am »

Look around for cars to steal and other wiki warriors to hide from. If I see neither, begin running towards the giant purple hell portal.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 24, 2016, 09:27:46 am »

Indeed! I can accept that. The dice just happened to have it out for me. Nothin more.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 24, 2016, 10:01:35 am »

Fix my ankle, and move onto healing my body after.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 24, 2016, 01:22:40 pm »

Check on that guy who was unconscious.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 24, 2016, 01:27:01 pm »

Grab my resume stuff because I clearly have that stuff if I don't explain my work experience and accomplishments and write down a list of my skills that would be relevant for this job.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 24, 2016, 01:51:56 pm »

I sneak towards the portal, possibly having Hawk follow me. Once at the Portal, I attempt to perform Recon, find the perfect time to strike at an entire army.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 24, 2016, 03:24:26 pm »

Follow Greatness. If we meet some police officers or the like on the way, try to recruit them. Once we get to the portal, get ready to shoot if we get spotted. Preferred targets in order of importance: Execute>Yuri>Aztec Generals>Aztecs.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 24, 2016, 07:46:42 pm »

Set upright knives, nailboards, broken glass, spiky jagged things so people trip and impale themselves. Try to disguise it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 24, 2016, 08:54:26 pm »

((Question: What's the situation right now? Sorry for being sporadic with posts.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 24, 2016, 09:53:53 pm »

((Question: What's the situation right now? Sorry for being sporadic with posts.))

No problemo, I've been sporadic with updates myself. You're hiding in an alleyway, and have just witnessed a portal opening up with a Wiki-Warrior stepping through leading an army of Aztec warriors.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 43 - The Sunset Invasion Pt. 2
« Reply #897 on: March 27, 2016, 11:05:37 pm »

Round 43: The Sunset Invasion Pt. 2
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Morning

Person continues his systematic healing of himself with the Professional Medical Kit, now moving onto his wounded ankle. (Medical: 1+2) Even with the clear, easy-to-use instructions of the kit, Person ends up botching the next procedure and has to remove the messed up bandages, using up valuable healing materials while making no further progress in his healing.

Hawk and Greatness both head for the glowing portal, staying low to the ground and sticking behind obscuring rubble in order to prevent any of the Aztecs to spot them. Crouching behind a building, both of them peer at the Aztecs, picking out the most important targets in the crowd. (Stealth: 2) They are quickly spotted by a single Jaguar Warrior, who makes an effort of pointing at their direction and verbally notifying the rest of the army, who shifts to look at them.
Hawk (1 vs. 3) isn't quite ready to respond when he is spotted and immediately shoots back a quick, panicked burst of his machine gun, that strikes no one. The entire crowd ducks to the ground as a result.
Greatness shoots right after, (9 vs. 3) and finds much more success, spraying into the crowd and striking down roughly half a dozen with a few more injuries. While the number of causalities is relatively minor, the effect of being fired upon by a machine gun for the first time causes some minor panic.

If getting fired at by two assault rifles wasn't enough of an introduction, what about a flying plane diving upon the Aztecs and firing into their ranks? (6 vs. 3) The plane dips down low and pumps a line of lead into a single line of Aztecs, decimating yet another half dozen or so with no mercy.

NAV continues working on his traps to make them even more lethal and stealthy than they already are. (Trapping:1) While attaching some glass shards to one of the traps, NAV accidentally sets it off himself! (4) The trap springs and a piece of glass flies up and cuts across NAV's left thigh, leaving a sizable diagonal slash mark across it!

TinFoilTopHat's first order of business is to look for vehicles too steal while hiding from her competition. (Foraging:5) All of the cars at the edge of town appear to be unsalvageable, but maybe there's better loot further within town? Either way, Tin makes her way down the street towards the purple portal. She can hear gunshots coming down from the road, into a crowd of people gathered around the portal. The next thing she knows, a biplane is coming down from the skies to shoot at this same crowd of people.

As soon as Execute and his preliminary force of soldiers step through the portal, he is ready to give a speech:"SOLDIERS GATHERED HERE TODAY, THIS IS THE LAND OF SPIRITS, ALL YOU SHALL SEE HERE SHALL BE JUST AS DANGEROUS AS ME, FOR I SHALL NOT LIE TO YOU, AND I ASK OF ALL YOU THIS, IF I FALL, I ASK OF YOU TO FOLLOW THEY WHO TOOK ME DOWN, AS NO MATTER WHAT, I WANT YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE TO FLOURISH UNDER THE POWER OF FORCE." (Rallying:4) While this type of speech would normally get all of the soldiers fired up, they are silent and stoic this time around, not even the roaring spirit of their beloved god can distract them from this strange, brutal world that they have stepped force into. The last part of his speech is unnerving, as it implies that even the mighty Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal can be destroyed by the strange and fearsome forces in this new land.
Just after he makes the speech, Execute is welcomed back to the modern world he left by a spray of gunfire from his side. Several of the soldiers fall and the rest go into a somewhat panicked mode, their previously well-defined and disciplined lines now turning into a mob of running bodies as the Aztecs attempt to dodge a weapon beyond their own understanding. Before they can regroup, a plane blindsides the whole battalion, creating a frenzy. Yuri and Execute duck under the carcass of a nearby car, as Execute barks out instructions to his servant, "Yuri! Lend me your  pistol and blade, I shall engage the plane in the sky, you lead these soldiers, sweep them through to the other side of town until you find any other Wiki-Warriors, attack them as you see fit, but be careful to keep them bunched together, they'll get confused easily, here!" Yuri wordlessly hands over his weapons, (+Conquistador's Pistol, Shortsword) and Execute takes to the sky, flying directly upward towards Tyrol's plane before she can turn around. (9 vs. 4) Unaware that someone could flying behind her, Tyrol slows down and gives Execute the opportunity to fly up behind her and fires a shot as he closes in; the musketball strikes HT in the right shoulder, through the bone! She curses and attempts to retain control of her vehicle with one hand.
On the ground, Yuri attempts to rally as many of the Aztecs as he can back into fighting shape as two competing entities fire upon them with modern weapons. (1-1[Panicked] vs. 9) Some of the Aztecs fire their bows off without taking proper aim, more like potshots. It is so bad that none of the arrows land anyway near Greatness or Hawk, instead their is friendly fire among the ranks, and Yuri himself is in the crossfire! (10) Thankfully, this arrow misses him by a large margin as well! "What are you doing! This is not what Execute wanted out of his men!" His barking words are lost between cries of pain, fear and confusion among the Aztec ranks. Even the single general that is present can do little to calm them down.

Abstract lays down his resume which he definitely didn't just photocopy ten minutes ago. The woman at the desk reads it, silently nodding to herself as she goes down his previous work and accomplishments. "So, when can you begin?"

Elephant Parade, after checking out the area for more potential shooters, goes to check on the man that was unconscious. The man is back on his feet, which is a good sign, though now he is fixated on something else along with everyone else in the vicinity; the purple glowing cylinder that has risen over Denmark. "What the hell is going on with our little town?" He mutters this as much to himself as he does to Elephant.

54 more Aztecs run through the Portal!

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 27 (+54)
Casualties: 33

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TinFoilTopHat (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 27, 2016, 11:18:32 pm »

Okay enough with the traps. Drive to the glowing purple pillar, and try to stop my bleeding on the way.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 27, 2016, 11:45:02 pm »

Abstract smiles and says
tommorow or the day after at latest I  just moved back here.
Look for affordable housing that dosent completely suck.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 97