Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 154728 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 49 - Betrayal! Great Dishonor!
« Reply #1020 on: April 27, 2016, 05:57:26 pm »

((Oh, I thought it was 1 point from my kill + 1 from greatness's 2 kills.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 27, 2016, 05:59:25 pm »

Elephant Horse
I'm pretty sure that's not an animal. Or my username, for that matter. :P

Go to the Holland Wildlife Area.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 27, 2016, 06:01:18 pm »

((If I remember from my high school history classes, the Aztecs believed that horses were gods/immortal, and as such feared them. Will that effect anything involving my interactions with the Aztecs?))

Take cover behind one of the shops. Make sure that the camera shows both myself and  Yuri, take aim with my revolver, and shoot  Yuri in the head while muttering about "those dirty separationists". If any of the Aztecs make a move towards me, instead start moving erratically on the horse while still aiming for Yuri.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:01:54 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 27, 2016, 06:22:47 pm »

((If I remember from my high school history classes, the Aztecs believed that horses were gods/immortal, and as such feared them. Will that effect anything involving my interactions with the Aztecs?))

Most likely not, as these Aztecs are not actually "true" Aztecs. As I explained a while ago before you had even waitlisted, Execute's power to open up portals in paintings leads him to worlds that are not realistic but instead were based on what the artist was portraying. These Aztecs are a romanticized version created by an artist that lived in a time when the Aztec Empire was long gone, so he likely left out many details about them, or maybe remembered such details but left them out to convey the Aztec people more to his liking instead of portraying them realistically.

Note that the painter of the painting that led to the Aztec world was himself created by the painter of the mansion; so this further dilutes the realism of the Aztec painting since it is painting by a painter that was created by yet another painter who imagined how he would paint, and this goes for everything else; the mansion and the world outside of it are a not-completely realistic (since all paintings are influenced by subjectivity) portrayal of a past time period.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 27, 2016, 06:27:43 pm »

((It worries me that I have 2 planes and no flying skill, otherwise I'd be flying to those "purifying waters" right now because I think I know where to go.))

Look for tracks or signs of my opponents. Also, check to see if there is anything of use in my bus or planes.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 47 - Yuri the Untouchable
« Reply #1025 on: April 27, 2016, 06:54:38 pm »

FallacyofUrist cackles under her breath. She had a part to play in this game.

"BWAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Fire the Mountain Gun at DolosusDoleus.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 27, 2016, 08:23:00 pm »

((Oh, I thought it was 1 point from my kill + 1 from greatness's 2 kills.))

Maybe I should change the wording in the OP. It's always the number of Points they had, divided by 2, rounded up. So if you kill someone with 3 Points, you get 2, 5 will get you 3, etc.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 28, 2016, 06:16:03 pm »

Okay, even though that was the death of me, it was the coolest death I've ever seen in a Forum Game. If it's no trouble, I'd like to re-waitlist, please. Also, is it okay if I spectate until I join back in? I won't metagame, and the situations are too oddly epic to ignore.

I'll add you back in. And there is no rule against spectating, everyone not currently playing is allowed to do so.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 28, 2016, 06:28:11 pm »

Keep watch for the vehicle; stay hidden, it might be hostile.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 50 - Cocaine's a Hell of a Drug
« Reply #1029 on: April 29, 2016, 12:41:35 am »

Round 50: Cocaine's a Hell of a Drug
Weather Conditions: Sunny (10.5 Inches of Snow)
Time: Afternoon

Elephant Parade, who is a completely different person from Elephant Horse, continues down the road and then makes a detour down towards the Holland Wildlife Area, guided by signs along the way. At the site, a sign declares that the wildfire area consists of part hardwood forest, part cedarwood forest and open grassland which is part of a prairie restoration project. The site is designated as a public hunting ground and contains deer, turkey, cottontail rabbits, pheasants, raccoons and foxes.

Beirus, having literally just fallen out of the sky, begins to search her nearby vicinity for any tracks or clues that would lead her to the location of her competition. [Tracking: 8] Looking in the snow near the perimeter of the abandoned refugee camp, she spots what looks like fresh tire tracks leading out onto the road down deeper into Denmark, suggesting that someone in a vehicle had just left this area not too long ago. Additional tracks reveal that either dogs or wolves are in the nearby area. Before heading out on the hunt, she scours the vehicles that appeared along with her for any useful supplies left in them. [Scavenging: N/A] There appears to be noting of note in any of the planes nor the bus, which are all equipped with the right features for piloting and driving but are completely bare otherwise.
[Items from Articles are bare of any extraneous equipment as if they had just been created minutes ago, unless specified otherwise.]

Execute demands that two parties of Aztecs in the mansion are to split up and searching for medical supplies through the different portals, one in Denmark and the other back in the Aztec homeland. The Aztecs easily learn the concepts of bandages and stitches since they are similar to medical practices that already exist in their society, and while they are also familiar with antiseptic in plant form, it is clear they would find difficulty finding a bottle of it since they have never seen pure liquid antiseptic before, and lack the ability to read English packaging.
The first party arrives in Denmark and immediately begins to scour the stores nearby for medical supplies. [Scavenging: 5] They look around and find nothing that Execute described, but they do grab a bottle of pills and take it with them for the return.
The second group goes back to their village. [Scavenging: 10+2(Environmental Familiarity)] After a quick visit to the nearest medicine man explaining how Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal has been gravely injured, they are given an abundance of medical supply, far more than would be necessary to treat Execute.
While waiting for both groups to return, Execute attempts once again to stifle his bleeding. [Medical: 4+2] Taking off another piece of cloth, he manages to secure a tourniquet that does not stop the blood flow, but it does keep it in check long enough for him to be able to wait for his scavenging parties to return.

After laughing like a simpleton watching a movie consisting of nothing but groin-trauma based human, FallacyofUrist again fires off her booming Mountain Gun, this time towards the ground at the center of town, trying to hit a horse riding man who had just past her vision. [1 vs. 10] The Mountain Gun certainly goes off, the only problem is that the explosive reaction doesn't travel out of the cannon and instead just results in a local explosion right next to Fallacy. [5] Fallacy is thrown away by the propulsive force of the explosion while the gun bursts into dozens of metal pieces. As a result, she suffers painful burns all over her right arm.

Abstract currently has a knife in his stomach, and by all his power he is determined to not let the mugger pull it out of him which could likely resulting in his death. [8+2 vs. 9] Abstract tries everything from a kick to the groin to hooks to the jaw, but his assailant turns and twists his body to avoid the full brunt of these attacks, still getting hit but only by glancing attacks. [2 vs. 6+2] When he does attempt to remove the knife, Abstract takes the opportunity to wrap his right hand around the mugger's throat. [5+2 vs. 1] The mugger switches focus from taking back his switchblade to trying to yank Abstract's arm to prevent a successful chokehold from taking place, but he fails as Abstract applies heavy force to his carotid artery and he quickly succumbs to nap time. With two unconscious muggers and a third on the run, Abstract has Autumn call for an ambulance, who she talks to through her own tears. While they wait for the ambulance, she attempts to stop the bleeding, declaring that she has some first aid knowledge. [Medicine: 7+1] She places a hold on pressure points to cut down on Abstract's circulation until the ambulance arrives on the scene. Two EMT's leap out, not wasting time as they place Abstract on a stretcher. "What happened here?"

NAV swims down in his lake, reclaiming as much of Greatness's supplies as well as his own that has been lost to the water. [Swimming: 4+3] The car is obviously not recoverable, the guns too much water damage to function, and many of the smaller objects like money or jewelry are too small to be found. What NAV is able to pick up are all of Greatness's weapons including both of his javelins and swords (which he very carefully keeps balanced in between his teeth), and additionally the shark locates the Cardenas Medal on the bottom of the lake by noticing a round-shaped object that contrasted with everything else in the area. NAV resurfaces and spits of all of these items onto the nearest point of land next to his position, and then he reforms on the shore, transitioning back from shark to a human. As he stands up, he realizes how cold it is since all of his clothes were previously destroyed leaving him naked; at least the sun was shining now and melting away all the snow. He walks up to his new weapons stockpile and realizes that while he can just wear the medal around his neck, carrying two javelins and two swords without the appropriate holding devices that came in Greatness's Samurai Armor is extremely cumbersome. He can carry one weapon in each hand, but that's it. [Guerrilla Warfare: 6+1] NAV applies his knowledge of Guerrilla Warfare to the present situation; if he was going to launch an ambush on someone, where would he hide? His attention becomes focused on a small coniferous forest near the lake, full of large, piney trees that provide solid concealment.

Person drives back towards the portal in an effort to retrieve the body of his fellow soldier and perhaps find a way to send it back to his family, or at least give it a burial service worthy of a courageous young man. [Perception vs. Stealth: 1 vs. 5] Person can't help shape the feeling that something is peering at him, but he can't see anyone around just yet. As he gets closer to the portal, he can spot the body of the Buffalo Soldier from a distance among the dozens of corpses, but he can also he see that just across the street is a horde of Aztec that have shacked up in some storefronts. If he tries to just drive right in front of them, he would surely be filled with so many arrows and throwing spears he would turn into a human/sea-urchin hybrid. That's not the only strange sight, as he also spots a fellow dressed like a Samurai Warrior riding atop a horse and going behind one of the stores closer to the portal...

Dolosus is no greenhorn when it comes to the art of combat, so he quickly realizes that a sniper has his rifle pointed right at him. He rides behind the cover a store, [2] which turns out to be made of wood and furthermore has already been damaged by fire. There's no time to search for better cover however, as he adjusts the camera to ensure it will catch all of the upcoming action. He mutters some disparaging words about "separations" before he trots his horse to the corner of his flimsy cover, peeks out of the corner and begins firing his revolver at the sniper. [9 vs. 5+2(Cover)-1[Injury]] Dolosus unloads two of his bullets as he fires into Yuri's sniper nest before he can recover, and the Samurai/Civil War Officer watches with satisfaction as Yuri falls backwards, obviously being hit by a bullet at full force.

High tyrol continues to wait in traffic until it progresses where she can take the exit and get to the nearest hospital, Grant Memorial. She parks in the lot and hobbles into the hospital awaiting treatment in the Emergency Room. She is quickly taken in for screenings and procedures when she is asked by the doctor about her insurance, which she lacks any form of card or other identification for, but claims she has anyways. [Persuasion: 5] She attempts to make up a long wind excuse about how she lost her forms, which the doctor obviously thinks is bullshit but takes pity on her. He says Tyrol will be billed but can have an extended period to pay for the cost. The doctor says after [1 Turn] of treatment, she can be released.

Twinwolf and his team of Patriots stay behind a small brick wall and await for the sound of the vehicle in case it is hostile. Eventually it comes into view, its engine roaring as it sputters along as it appears to be a man in a military uniform driving a large potato. He does not appear to be hostile, or at least he fails to notice Twinwolf's or his crew in the first place. The Patriots move to take preemptive aim at the driver at first, but are too flabbergasted by the sight to react and they simply let it pass in peace. As it drives off, there is an awkward silence between the five of them. "...so...that was a thing."

Yuri suffers a grievous shoulder injury, but despite this he still clamors back towards his sniping perch, grunting through the pain and attempting to get his sights back on his attacker. Dolosus, seeing that Yuri has recovered by an extent, directs his horse into running an erratic non-specific pattern to make himself a harder target. [8-2 vs. 1+2] Somehow, even in his badly wounded condition, Yuri shoots off a series of bullets, one of which manages to hit Dolosus in the ankle. Dolosus's armor prevents the bullet from penetrating all the way through and thus it leads to only light bleeding, but it injures his bone nonetheless. The rider curses but is skilled enough to not fall off his horse.
Meanwhile, the team of Aztecs that Execute sent to retrieve medical supplies from Denmark are set to return to the portal when they spot Dolosus engaging in a shootout with their high priest. The Aztecs halt their current mission to aid Yuri by throwing the projectiles they had at Dolosus, [4 vs. 9+2] and failing to strike the talented horseback rider. [8 vs. 2] Dolosus retaliates by shooting two bullets into their ranks and killing off two of them with a pair of clean headshots, the survivors of the group disengage and make a fast break for the Portal.
Elsewhere, the Aztecs sent back home return to Execute with a cartload of medical supplies. [10+2] Within minutes, Execute's formerly life threatening wound is patched up completely, and he feels better than ever, possibly due to knowing that he will live but more likely it is due to the liberal use of coca leaf in his treatment. [Stimulated!: +2 to Physical Rolls]

All the reinforcements this turn were devoted to getting Execute medical assistance instead of boosting numbers in the Invasion.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 100
Casualties: 86

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:46:35 am by TCM »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 29, 2016, 12:50:46 am »

"tryed to mug me and they failed."

Sat the above try to at least look or sound confident and okay to make Autumn feel better just because I got stabbed is no reason to worry the lady.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 29, 2016, 01:04:50 am »

Ssssshit.
I have Xan level luck with rolls, it's insane.
Grab any remaining medication, fly up to our loyal companion and try to patch up Yuri, if the attempt isn't fully successful, or I don't have any medicine remaining, fly up there, then fly him back down to the portal, and get a few Aztecs to take him back through and patch him up.
If I have any time remaining, start shooting that horserider's horse but first get to cover..
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:01:56 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 29, 2016, 07:09:01 am »

"They seem different from that other samurai. Much as I hate to tar people with the same brush, I remain skeptical. Still, at least he's shooting those damnable invaders. Enemy of my enemy I suppose."

Drive my vehicle closer to the samurai. Greet him cautiously with my gun raised, offering teamwork or at least a truce until the portal is dealt with. If they seem up for working together, depart the vehicle and take my keys with me to join them in cover(or invite them aboard, should they desire). If not, attack them.

(Hah, we've both got shot right ankles Dolosus. That's something in common right? Anyway as much as I'd like teamwork, it'd probably be better to hash things out in character. Also I kind of forgot which color I was using but I'm pretty sure it was this one.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 29, 2016, 08:19:28 am »

FallacyofUrist cackles under her breath. She had a part to play in this game. She entered a strange mood.

"BWAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Repair da mountain gun! AND MAKE IT BETTER!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 29, 2016, 08:29:50 am »

work on refining the poem idea while i sit in the hospital
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 97