Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 154761 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 50 - Cocaine's a Hell of a Drug
« Reply #1035 on: April 29, 2016, 09:04:36 am »

Repair da mountain gun! AND MAKE IT BETTER!

So you want to repair a Mountain Gun that is in dozen of seperate pieces scattered everywhere when you lack any repair equipment or technical knowledge in cannon repairs? I mean, I'll definitely allow you to do so if you really want, especially if you are going for the whole batshit crazy archtype.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 29, 2016, 09:59:26 am »

((So is that agility penalty only going to affect me when I'm not riding my horse, or is it going to somehow affect my riding ability?))

Point the camera at Person as he approaches.
"Aye. A truce would be the ideal thing."
Swing to camera over to face Execute, make more hard-to-follow movements, and shoot Execute in the head. After that, find some better cover and reload the pistol.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 07:27:46 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 29, 2016, 10:01:23 am »

((So is that agility penalty only going to affect me when I'm not riding my horse, or is it going to somehow affect my riding ability?))

Agility refers to your own personal agility, not your horse's, so it will not effect you on Horseback. If your horse were the one injured instead, then that woild definitely make an impact.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 30, 2016, 01:20:04 pm »

Shed my human skin and become a soucouyant. Sneak unnoticed to the battlefield and look for an easy target to pick off. Use squeezing through tiny places to sneak better.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 10:43:24 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 01, 2016, 01:02:18 am »

Take the keys from the vehicles, then begin the hunt. Follow this tracks sneakily, and use my knowledge of primitive combat to throw a Thorn or sneak up and kill any enemies.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 01, 2016, 10:09:41 am »

RING
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 01, 2016, 11:13:50 am »

Use animals as inspiration for a new track—one that doesn't involve muskets.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 51 - The Second Alliance
« Reply #1043 on: May 03, 2016, 02:02:38 am »

Round 51: The Second Alliance
Weather Conditions: Sunny (9.1 Inches of Snow)
Time: Afternoon

Beirus takes the keys out of each of the vehicles, preventing them from being snatched away while she is gone, and then begins moving towards the direction in which the tracks lead, which is further into the heart of Denmark. [Perception vs. Stealth: 10 vs. 5] As Beirus makes her way sneaking among the ruined cars, fallen buildings and other debris, she spots Twinwolf and his band of armed men trying to hide, though from the angle of the hunter the Patriots are easily exposed, and currently unaware of her position as she takes some of her special Janis Throwing Thorns out of her pouch. [4+2 vs. 7] She throws several of the sharp thorns at the men, some of them landing close but none hitting them directly, one of the thorns impales itself into the wall a couple inches in front of Twin's face. The Patriots quickly take notice of Beirus, "Watch out, that chick's throwing shit at us!" [3 vs. 8] Several pistol shots are directed at Beirus, encouraging her to scamper away and run past the corner as bullets whiz by her.

"They seem different from that other samurai. Much as I hate to tar people with the same brush, I remain skeptical. Still, at least he's shooting those damnable invaders. Enemy of my enemy I suppose." Person considers this new character and ends up driving his Potatomobile into the lot containing the Aztec portal, one hand raised in a gesture of friendship while the other is secretly kept on the handle of his pistol in case first contact goes south. However, the filming Samurai accepts his offer of a partnership, "Aye. A truce would be the ideal thing." Person leaps off his Potato ride, taking the keys to it with him and joins Dolosus in the search for cover.

While High tyrol is being treated at the hospital, she requests for a notepad to continue work on her poem on the suject of cowboys and Aztec Gods. [9+2] She makes several adjustments and edits to the poem, creating new draft after new draft until it is no longer just your average Cowboy/Aztec poetry but a truly unique tale of a regular ole' cow herder who gets into a fiddlin' contest against a High Deity.
High tyrol is then released from the hospital feeling right as rain and given an extension on her bill, which comes out to $300 thanks to the wonderful bureaucratic system that is American healthcare. She is under no real obligation to pay it unless she's going to visit a hospital that could find out about this bill in the future....

Elephant, in this new secluded tiny natural paradise, turns to a new inspiration for songs; not guns, but animals and their various sounds! [Musical Composition: 5+2] The new piece, inspired by the sounds of the playful fox contrasting with the noisy woodpecker, is your standard atmospheric music. It wouldn't be a smash hit most likely, but it could see a market in either weird hippies that like listening to animals for the hell of it or middle aged couples who want to put some soothing music on as a sleeping aid. His horse, meanwhile, takes this lull in activity to chomp down on some grass.

Execute grabs as much medication as he can before running towards the portal and leaping through the air to get a start on his ascension as he flies towards Yuri, rushing to help his ally in need. He lands by the sniping high priest and pulls him away from the edge of the building and towards cover, doing his best to wrap up his shoulder. [7+2] Execute patches up the shoulder wound so well that it's like it never even happened, though in the interest of time he does not work on Yuri's foot.
Peering over the side of the building, Execute and Yuri spy on two men plotting next to a building beneath them, the one on horseback is the one Yuri identifies as his shooter. While they are busy conversing, Execute whips out his Police Pistol and starts firing down upon them, aiming specifically for the horse. (5 vs. 2) Execute pops off two shots, one of them burying into the horse's flank, wounding it.

Deep in the forest underneath the thick cover of a pine tree, NAV's skin peels off from his body, falling beneath him into one pile of human flesh as beneath it he reveals another one of his forms, a floating, glowing blue-tinted ball of energy. This new Soucouyant flies up into the air above the forest and begins soaring over towards Denmark in search of prey, posing the entire time as an innocent fireball or maybe just some odd ball lightning making its way downtown, floating fast. NAV floats above the city for a while, looking for an easy target, when it spots a lone Fallacy working on a broken gun. (10 vs. 3-1) While she is busy working on her gun, NAV descends on Fallacy and attaches to the back of her neck, drawing the blood out of it like a giant mosquito.

"Tried to mug me and they failed." Abstract talks to the EMT's as they load him into the back of an ambulance. Amber follows him into the medical vehicle, a look of deep concern stretched across her face; Abstract flashes her a reassuring thumbs-up and a tiny smile breaks out across her face. [2+2] The medics attempt to do as much as they can, trying to close up the wound but it is difficult due to its size and depth as well as the ambulance jerking and juking around corners as it races to the nearest hospital. Amer holds Abstract's hand as he fights for consciousness, [1] but he ultimately passes out from a combination of blood loss and shock, though he is still alive for now.

Dolosus films his meeting with Person as they agree to be allies for now, here he hopes that this film will mark an important phase in his documentary, where he makes his first friend in this great free-for-all. While this is going on, Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal interrupts this nice moment by popping up and shooting at Dolosus and Person, missing both of them but hitting Dolosus's horse in the butt, the stallion crying in pain and taking a few staggered steps; what kind of asshole shoots a horse? When Dolosus gets his mount to ride away in order to be a harder target, he orients the camera back towards the Tower of Snipers and fires the last two shots he has left in his piece. [8 vs. 9] The Aztec leaders duck down and both bullets miss them by a hair. [2 vs. 1] Execute takes two shots of his own, one of them hits but does nothing more than skim the side of Dolosus's helmet, making a satisfying *plink* sound. [7 vs. 4+2] Yuri, for his part, shoots at Dolosus and scores a hit on his body, although its also a skimming shot and is mostly absorbed by Dolosus's armor, the bullet scratches the Samurai by as it flings past, giving him the damage equivalent of a long papercut on his left side which should make for a cool scar in a few minutes.
Dolosus flies, riding his horse behind a building to reload. Dolosus finds his horse to be panting and almost out of breath when it would normally be fine even after some heavy duty maneuvers; this was surely due to its current injury.
Execute's Cocoa High wears off.

FallacyofUrist bends over and begins to attempt to put the pieces of her beloved Mountain Gun back together, when she feels something attached to the back of her neck. Her work becomes slow and sluggish, as if she were becoming weak. Looking over her shoulder, her eyes widen when she sees the glowing ball of energy sucking the blood out of her neck like some sort of ethereal vampire. [5-1 vs. 10] Fallacy runs around, trying desperately to shake the Soucouyant off of her but the ball remains fixed on the back of her neck, blood visibly seeping out of her despite the lack of any visible openings in her skin. Fallacy begins to grow Anemic, but with her heightened stamina she was able to remain conscious and focused when a normal person would have passed out.

46 Aztecs comes through the Portal.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 100(+46)
Casualties: 86

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

NAV, can I nerf your current form? So that instead of being killed only by pouring salt on your human skin, instead you can be killed by destruction of the skin ny any means? Otherwise, characters either have to metagame or somehow figure out that the Soucouyant is vulnerable to salt which they would be hard pressed to do without an explainable reason for being interest in Carribean Mythology. Even if this nerf were enacted, theu would still be unable to permanently harm you unless they could locate your hidden skin in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:20:53 pm by TCM »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 03, 2016, 02:36:13 am »

Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal seems to hesitate for a moment, before popping back down into cover and yelling after his victims.
"SORRY ABOUT SHOOTING YOUR HORSE, IF YOU WANT I COULD CHUCK YOU SOME MEDICATION FOR THE HORSE, THOUGH I STILL WOULDN'T SUGGEST USING IT AFTER THAT.
ALTHOUGH I'M NOT SORRY ABOUT YURI HITTING YOU IN THE ANKLE, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET, ASSHOLE."
After that little bit of fun, let's let Yuri pin down those other two while I command ten or twenty Aztecs to sneak around the building they're hiding behind and take them out in a surprise attack, also, fire down at any potential enemies that may arrive while they're still in my range.
((Did I see NAV flying around?))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:28:26 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 03, 2016, 02:48:33 am »

Per her orders, Twinwolf had the Patriots sneak away from the main site of the battle so they would not be in range at the moment.

You could have easily seen NAV, though to the casual observer he would appear as anything from a fireball to ball lightning, certainly not a monster unless you had a background in Carribean Mythology.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 03, 2016, 08:08:13 am »

FallacyofUrist gets a manic grin on her face and begins running(+1)... towards the Aztecs.

"Behold, I am ze GODESS OF FIRE!"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 03, 2016, 08:25:07 am »

Question:what does wit do anyways? Can I use it in negotiations or to convince a publisher my poem is worth publishing.
Also if I am wearing fashionable clothes and am clean and good smelling does it give me bonuses to negotiations?
 research what poetry competitions are approaching also reload my pistol

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 03, 2016, 08:30:06 am »

Point out the body of my fallen comrade to Dolosus.

"That man was my ally, and they killed him. I wish to bury him if possible. Should we be able to retrieve his body, I could not thank you enough."

Start shooting Aztecs, prioritizing their leaders. Follow Dolosus in cover whenever possible.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:07:28 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 03, 2016, 08:53:14 am »

Dream the most amazing dream so great that I could write novels about it.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 97