Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 154754 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 51 - The Second Alliance
« Reply #1050 on: May 03, 2016, 02:26:06 pm »

Drain her completely of her delicious blood.

((Feel free to nerf to your heart's content))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:16:10 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 51 - The Second Alliance
« Reply #1051 on: May 03, 2016, 04:08:32 pm »

Point the camera at Person's fallen ally. "I see him. We'll give these dishonorable bastards what they deserve."
Dismount the horse so that it has a chance to recover a bit. Pull out my katana and defend Person from any incoming Aztecs has he attempts to shoot Yuri and Execute. Make any adjustments neccesary so that the camera can capture as much action as possible.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 52 - Sweet Dreams
« Reply #1052 on: May 09, 2016, 12:13:43 am »

Round 52: Sweet Dreams
Weather Conditions: Sunny (8.9 Inches of Snow)
Time: Afternoon

Person points to a uniformed body lying among the bloody landscape in front of the portal. "That man was my ally, and they killed him. I wish to bury him if possible. Should we be able to retrieve his body, I could not thank you enough." After Dolosus indicates that they will be able to retrieve the body of the fallen Buffalo Soldier, Person returns his attentions to the leaders of the army that lead to his companion's undoing. [4+2 vs. 5+2(High Cover)-1] Both of Person's shots go overhead Execute and Yuri as they duck down behind the edge of the building. Dad feels a pang of nostalgia for the good ole' days in the Great War when snipers hiding atop buildings could be dealt with by tanks or artillery.

Abstract falls into a blood-loss induced catatonic state, where he dreams [1] of a long, wide non-descriptive tunnel, at the end lies a bright low and a warm presence. Attracted to it, Abstract begins to move towards this wonderful light, wanting to bask in its presence. In reality, this does not bode well for him. Despite their best efforts, Abstract's vitals begin to shut down and his heart monitor flatlines. Autumn completely breaks down and collapses over his body, sobbing hysterically. Abstract to the onlooker appears, despite his condition, to be totally at peace as if he is in a deep slumber.
And so he walks closer and closer to this shining orifice until it consumes him, engulfing his very being. And then, Abstract is-
Abstract has relinquished control of his life to enter the Great Beyond.

After hearing Person's request to recover the body of his fallen comrade, Dolosus captures the soldier's body on film, a shot that would tug at the heartstrings of his future audience. "I see him. We'll give these dishonorable bastards what they deserve." The Samurai leaps off of his horse allowing it to recover from its recent trauma, and pulls his Hanzo Blade from its sheath. With a steely resolve, he assumes a battle stance as he approaches the latest batch of Aztec recruits while Person attempts to deal with the leaders of the Sunset Invasion. Upon seeing him, the Aztecs face Dolosus, pulling up their spears and loading their bows as their first New World enemy approaches. After a few moments of sizing each other up, both sides charge with their respective warrior's cry, a squad of Aztec spearmen sprint at Dolosus while he fearlessly comes at them equally as fast, Katana raised overhead. [6+2 vs. 5] Dolosus meets the Aztec's by chopping the arm off of one Jaguar Warrior and then weaving through the rest of them, slashing apart limb and bone, his armor turning red with blood and viscera. After every member of the first wave is killed or incapacitated, Dolosus dashes at the archers, aiming to taking out as many of them as possible before they can properly aim at him. [4+2 vs. 3] Dolosus bisects two archers and fails to wound any of them further, although he does manage to destroy several bows, cleaving through their strings like a hot knife through butter. The Aztecs are surprised by this sudden onslaught by a new foe similar to the Spaniards that they grown used to fighting, yet his armor and sword style are completely foreign. For now, they back off; in the end, Dolosus has put nine more Aztecs out of service.

FallacyofUrist continues to run in circles screaming like a mad woman, (well an even madder woman) as she tries to detach the Soucouyant from neck as it greedily sapped the literal life out of her. Stopping for a moment to catch her breath, Fallacy realizes that her current tactic was not going to do her any good, when an idea strikes her that is so crazy it might just not fail. She resumes running, but instead of doing so in circles she runs down the hill towards the center of town where the fighting has commenced and the swirling purple portal continues to spawn Aztecs every few minutes. She makes a beeline straight for the Storefronts where the Aztecs have successfully barricaded themselves in, NAV is still attached to her neck glowing like a beacon. "Behold, I am ze GODESS OF FIRE!" She screeches this as she draws closer to the Aztec hideout, [4+1-1-2 vs. 1] and it turns out that a screaming woman with an orb of fire attached to her is enough to inspire panic in the Aztecs. Instead of trying to shoot her full of arrows before she can reach them, the Jaguars flee to the back of their buildings. Once Fallacy actually reaches the stores, she finds that the Aztecs have boarded the windows up with all sorts of hazards from metal shelves to chairs and tables. [2-2] Fallacy attempts to shove a wayward chair out of the way but finds the effort to great, as she falls to her knees, panting as if she had just run a marathon. The combination of constant running and blood being drained out of her system was doing a number on her.

High tyrol looks around her immediate area to find if there are any public notifications posted about some poetry contest or event. [3] On a bulletin board outside of the hospital there is a listing of various local events including an "Open Mic" being hosted at a local coffee shop named "Sheds & Aristocrats" a couple miles down the road near Green Bay. Even though it was likely going to feature college hipsters reading poetry they wrote while high and douches with guitars trying desperately too be laid, it would be better publicity than nothing.
Tyrol returns to her truck and reloads her revolver. After her recent encounters with other Wiki-Warriors, who knew if she would come across another one in her travels.
[To answer your questions, Wit is mostly used for Conversation and can be incorporated into Writing. It can be used as a weapon during arguments and also impresses people who appreciate wit, but at the same time it can anger less witty people.]

After getting shot at for the seventeenth thousand time today, Execute pops out to state his mind on Person and Dolosus, yelling down at them like Frenchman mocking English Knights while he hides atop some castle battlements, "SORRY ABOUT SHOOTING YOUR HORSE, IF YOU WANT I COULD CHUCK YOU SOME MEDICATION FOR THE HORSE, THOUGH I STILL WOULDN'T SUGGEST USING IT AFTER THAT.
ALTHOUGH I'M NOT SORRY ABOUT YURI HITTING YOU IN THE ANKLE, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET, ASSHOLE." Yuri nods fervently, "Excellent speech my lord! Assholes, all of them!" Execute flies off the roof and lets Yuri continue the battle, [2 vs. 1] his assault rifle sprays down at Person and fails to wound him, although it does put a whole in the soldier's uniform, severely reducing its potential market value.
Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal sees a number of his men fighting, and falling against Dolosus who is cutting his forces apart. He swoops down around the corner and waves down a group of about a dozen Aztecs who are surprised to see him, "Psst! Guys, over here!" He rallies them behind some buildings and conveys to them, via hand gestures, that they will sneak behind some buildings to take on Person and Dolosus from behind. Aztec and co. tip-toe into an alleyway, and then peek out of it to find Person and Yuri to the West while the Samurai is to the East. [Stealth 5 vs. 9] Person, waiting for Yuri to come out of cover so that he can try shooting him again, notices Execute and some Aztecs crouched in an alleyway. Before Execute's "master" plan can commence, Person starts shooting on their position, [10 vs. 7] taking down two Aztecs in quick succession followed by hitting Execute through the center of his right wing! The surprised Aztecs begin to flee while Execute curses, firing at Dad before he himself joins the retreat. [9 vs. 7] Execute empties the last of his police pistol clip into Person, two shots straight to the ribs, and then runs after his fleeing Jaguars. Person falls on his back, grasping at his ribs and groaning deep from his belly. He isn't bleeding but two broken ribs certainly hurts like a motherfucker. As for Execute, he is in a state of lesesr pain, but this wing injury was going to hamper his flying ability greatly.

NAV sits on the back of Fallacy's neck, a spiral of blood flowing from her skin directly into the orb as she turned pale as a sheet. [6 vs. 9-1-2+2(Stamina)] Somehow, Fallacy is able to stand once again out of sheer will, her legs wobbling and knees buckling, her vision disoriented as if it were night despite the sun shining brightly overhead. With a final effort, she tries to yank herself free of the Soucouyant, [10-1-2 vs. 3] and actually manages to it as she bangs the back of her neck against the Aztec barricade with enough power that NAV is propelled off of her neck and into the air by sheer force, robbing him of his current food supply. Fallacy fights to stay conscious, [6+2] and does so, leaning against the barricade itself for support.

The Barricaded Aztecs cower in the back of their stores, holding their spears out in front of them and their arrows knocked as if they expected the witch lady to suddenly burst through their barricade with the power of unholy orb.

The Aztecs being lead directly by Execute escape onto the next street away from the Field of Blood, which is the term they had come to use to refer to the empty lot in which most of their combat had taken place.

The Aztecs facing off against Dolosus attempt to mount a counter attack. [2 vs. 10+2] Another band of Spearmen launch themselves at Dolosus, using the encirclement maneuver to gain an advantage; the Samurai calmly converts them into a pile of spare limbs and screaming casualties. [5+2 vs. 4] This prompts the others to begin to flee, though Dolosus is able to catch up with several of them and hamper their attempts to flee by separating spinal cords and hacking off legs.

48 Aztecs come through the portal. The first thing they see is an armored man cutting the legs off of running Aztecs. 17 of them quietly shuffle back through the portal.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 123(+31)
Casualties: 109

You can't miss the newest entrant to the battle since his jeweled turban shines in the sun, and his massive mount causes the ground to shake with every step it takes. If you befriend him, he could pull you out of financial ruin, but get on his bad side and prepare to get smacked with a broom, or impaled via tusk.

Midnight Jaguar stomps his way into the battlefield!

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MidnightJaguar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 09, 2016, 12:28:07 am »

register my poem at the copyright office then drive to the airport and swap vehicles to the race car if I see any other wiki warriors shoot them with my pistol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 09, 2016, 12:42:48 am »

Jesus fuggin' christ, these guys are like frogs for the meat-grinder, the funniest part is that the casualties list is still smaller than the total remaining Aztecs.
Okay, while I'm running, reload the pistol and get over to where the barricaded Aztecs are to see what all that hubbub is about, see the situation, immediatly draw sides, and command the Aztecs to take the half-drained insane person in, then immediatly rebarricade, if she so much as twitches, kill her, but otherwise try to help her out, in the meantime, fire at the orb of flame, hopefully that bloody thing can be harmed by bullet fire and if it can't then just run like mad while continuing to fire, also meanwhile, hope desperately that I have some medication remaining, enough to patch up a bullet hole at the very least.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 09, 2016, 12:46:18 am »

Charge forward into the mass of Aztecs  gathered around the portal like an elephant powered wrecking ball. Try to shoot at the Blood soaked samurai as I pass.

Ahahahaha! flee flee! Ahahahha

I'm beginning to think that the Aztecs will win just through attrition I mean they've been sliced and diced every turn and we haven't even made a dent in the numbers.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:53:11 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 09, 2016, 11:57:31 am »

Use my knowledge of large scale infantry tactics to try to predict the movements of the Aztecs. My knowledge of the area is marginally better than theirs, so try to determine likely ambush locations, choke points, key strategic areas, etc. Continue to follow Dolosus while shooting enemies, and reloading whenever possible. If I have no time to reload, draw my sword instead.

Not sure why I didn't think of using my military knowledge like this before, though I'm not sure it works in this situation. Basically, I'm mostly trying to get a bonus against sneak attacks, or to sneak attacks I suppose. By the way, is my soldier's rifle still sitting there or did someone (probably an Aztec) grab it?

As an aside, does the m1911 count as a world war 1 firearm? I mean, the year it was made is in the name. If so, I've been losing out on a lot of bonuses. Then again you've been fairly consistent in that I don't think I ever got a bonus for it, so it'd be weird for that to change now. That and the thing is still in use today anyway, even if those are apparently mostly variants. Yeah I probably shouldn't get the bonus.

Anyway, game wise we can still win by eliminating Execute himself, as good as his medical care is. Honestly I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't look around for fellow military vets or something like that when I first got here. I've got these great tactics bonuses sitting there unused.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 09, 2016, 12:03:07 pm »

((Eh he died as himself better then my other death and this death had actual caring potential waitlist me))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 09, 2016, 12:23:45 pm »

Use my knowledge of large scale infantry tactics to try to predict the movements of the Aztecs. My knowledge of the area is marginally better than theirs, so try to determine likely ambush locations, choke points, key strategic areas, etc. Continue to follow Dolosus while shooting enemies, and reloading whenever possible. If I have no time to reload, draw my sword instead.

Not sure why I didn't think of using my military knowledge like this before, though I'm not sure it works in this situation. Basically, I'm mostly trying to get a bonus against sneak attacks, or to sneak attacks I suppose. By the way, is my soldier's rifle still sitting there or did someone (probably an Aztec) grab it?

As an aside, does the m1911 count as a world war 1 firearm? I mean, the year it was made is in the name. If so, I've been losing out on a lot of bonuses. Then again you've been fairly consistent in that I don't think I ever got a bonus for it, so it'd be weird for that to change now. That and the thing is still in use today anyway, even if those are apparently mostly variants. Yeah I probably shouldn't get the bonus.

Anyway, game wise we can still win by eliminating Execute himself, as good as his medical care is. Honestly I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't look around for fellow military vets or something like that when I first got here. I've got these great tactics bonuses sitting there unused.

If I recall correctly, Execute ordered the Aztecs to strip all of the bodies in the area of valuable weapons and equipment.

I suppose it would be a "WWI Weapon", the thing was the gun was in service so long that I don't associate it with WWI. I could give you the bonus if you wanted, after all, get an additional boost in aiming might be what you need to take down a flying dude, his Russian sniper and loyal army.

And yes, one apparent use of giving people military tactics as bonuses would be to find soldiers or experienced veterans in a field and recruit them. But that hasn't really happened yet.

((Eh he died as himself better then my other death and this death had actual caring potential waitlist me))

Rewaitlisted.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 09, 2016, 12:57:46 pm »

Nah, not really proper to give me the bonus for it.

Of course, given that the town was wrecked when I got there it kind of makes sense in a way that I didn't look for soldiers. Then again, that might have just motivated those hypothetical soldiers even more.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 09, 2016, 06:30:59 pm »

Realize that the most musical animal was beside me all along. Create a new song based entirely on the noble horse.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 09, 2016, 06:35:05 pm »

FallacyofUrist suddenly gets another horrible idea.

"You have seen my power... you have seen my endurance! NOW THEN. I require treatment of my wounds! Attend to me, minions!"

FallacyofUrist orders the Aztecs to treat her wounds. This will probably either epic fail or go off crazy well.

((Wow. That +2 Stamina bonus is just wow.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 09, 2016, 11:33:20 pm »

Finish off Urist for real this time.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 10, 2016, 02:11:44 am »

Use my stealth to sneak around and flank the enemy, then attack with the Thorns.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 10, 2016, 09:52:54 am »

Use my stealth to sneak around and flank the enemy, then attack with the Thorns.

Who is the enemy in this case?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 97