Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 165

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 198530 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2016, 01:00:12 pm »

Can't we just be optimists and pretend that we can all be friends? D:
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2016, 01:37:13 pm »

Nuh uh. In the grimdarkness of Eastern Europe, there is only war.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #497 on: February 02, 2016, 04:51:11 pm »

Everyone can be friends with everyone, it still won't stop them going to war. Consider the triple alliance and triple entente giving each other Christmas gifts and playing football over the trenches, some mechanisms move that once they get going defy the wills of the people that set them in motion.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 03, 2016, 01:32:33 pm »

You'll also still have warhawks(large range of reasons here) within the various factions pushing back against the peace loving hippiesmore sensible people and there are people/companies who do profit from war.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2016, 02:08:54 pm »

Why does she have warts.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2016, 06:03:37 pm »

My fovourite Ukrainian minister resigns claiming that he is his forced to appoint corrupted individuals in his team

It looks like the beggining of collapse of the current coalition and I expect new parliamentary elections before the end of the year.  Something worse like Maidan 3.0 or real junta can happen but I don't think that it is very likely.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 03, 2016, 06:37:28 pm »

Why does she have warts.

Those are supposed to be tears, I think.

Should have done the anime waterfall tears.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 03, 2016, 10:04:29 pm »

This just in: Australia's High Court has cleared deportation of asylum seekers from the mainland to offshore detention centers. In response, nearly a dozen Anglican churches have offered sanctuary to those at risk of deportation, in hopes the PR disaster of police officers storming holy ground to drag people out will discourage officials from acting.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/02/04/07/50/anglicans-offer-asylum-seekers-sanctuary

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 03, 2016, 10:35:32 pm »

This just in: Australia's High Court has cleared deportation of asylum seekers from the mainland to offshore detention centers. In response, nearly a dozen Anglican churches have offered sanctuary to those at risk of deportation, in hopes the PR disaster of police officers storming holy ground to drag people out will discourage officials from acting.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/02/04/07/50/anglicans-offer-asylum-seekers-sanctuary

Where are those 'offshore detention centers'? On the great barrier reef?

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 03, 2016, 10:50:19 pm »

The most (in)famous is the Nauru Regional Processing Centre, though there are others.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 04, 2016, 04:57:15 am »

Note that the group of refugees about to be deported are mostly babies and children born in Australia (and their immigrant parents). The court ruled that it's okay to deport babies and children, against a child's mother who filed a lawsuit.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/australie-mag-doorgaan-met-uitzetten-baby-s-asielzoekers~a4237803/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 04, 2016, 07:02:54 am »

Human rights? Pffft. Lol UN, come at me bro.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 04, 2016, 12:54:11 pm »

Why does she have warts.

Those are supposed to be tears, I think.

Should have done the anime waterfall tears.
The circles are supposed to be err... 'cute' blush things, representing cute girls looking cute. The rest are sweat drops.
Also not entirely accurate, ISIS love a bleach and attak the titan after all.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 04, 2016, 01:29:17 pm »

BBC is now apparently making Cold War-esque anti-Russian films again, this time about how Putin shall attack Latvia for reasons unknown and nuke British troops in process.

The Russian official review was really predictable, though. The full film can be found on Russian streaming sites like Rutube.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:36:28 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #509 on: February 04, 2016, 09:40:06 pm »

Note that the group of refugees about to be deported are mostly babies and children born in Australia (and their immigrant parents). The court ruled that it's okay to deport babies and children, against a child's mother who filed a lawsuit.
No, they are not mostly babies or children. There are 54. Letting them stay because good feels completely ignores that letting them stay encourages more human traffickers to send people across the Indian Ocean to Australia where most will perish, it is the retardation of Germany to repeat the mistake that resulted in tens of thousands dying in the Meditteranean and millions overcoming Europe to do the same in Australia. They give them medical treatment needed and send them back. Australia has to deal with a few dozens, Germany cannot deal with its millions - when at first Germany need only deal with tens of thousands, and before that thousands. In just two years Australia ended human trafficking from the Middle East and Southern Asia, sending hundreds on a perilous journey by boat to the promised land, by simply promising all who arrive will be sent home. No one is willing anymore to pay thousands to traffickers for a place they know will return them. The asylum seekers they have now are ones that arrived before they enacted this policy.

Human rights? Pffft. Lol UN, come at me bro.
Every single one of those boats passes through Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. They are not even allowed to dock on the islands of those three countries, and if they are caught the human traffickers amongst them are executed and everyone on board deported. Yet Australia shows them this compassion, and are attacked for not showing more by giving them permanent residency.

The people who attack them will never be placated, they only attack Western countries.
The Anglican "problematic" reverend amongst the 10 Churches offering a self-proclaimed sanctuary for 30 people who can be removed with no consequence. The Anglican Church is currently mired in 5th columnists who unironically call for the de-Christianization of the Anglosphere, just as the Irish Catholic Church tried convincing the Irish that they weren't dismantling their beliefs.

Trying to play PR with a media that has already taken its side is pointless, least of all on unholy ground. Those that play on puppet strings will find they will only ever become just that - a puppet. I also do not see who loses face in a successful bipartisan policy, as cowering to appease problematic progressives with no power could be no greater humiliation to all of Australia.

BBC is now apparently making Cold War-esque anti-Russian films again, this time about how Putin shall attack Latvia for reasons unknown and nuke British troops in process.
The Russian official review was really predictable, though. The full film can be found on Russian streaming sites like Rutube.
"Strategic funding" to counter Sputnik news and Russian shillery.

The Kremlin's international media operation appears to be going from strength to strength with two recent high-profile launches and more in the pipeline.
But it is also coming under increased scrutiny over its lack of editorial balance and accusations that it is deliberately using disinformation to counter and divide the West.
At any rate I should hope people do not base their worldviews upon media, but unfortunately that is definitively wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 165