Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 163

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 197017 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #870 on: August 10, 2016, 10:10:13 am »

Clearly there is a need to Restore Order in Eastern Ukraine. Finally, the people will get a chance to vote on their autonomy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 10, 2016, 11:04:30 am »

Meanwhile, the Russian intelligence agency FSB reports that they have thwarted an attack by the Ukraine on Crimea. According to them, Ukrainian special forces had infiltrated the area in an attempt to take out important infrastructure.

One FSB member was killed during the arrest of a first group of 'saboteurs'.

On sunday night, a second attempt was launched by Ukrainian special forces, this time supported by armoured vehicles.
According to the FSB, this attack was also pushed back, but one Russian soldier was killed in a 'massive firefight'.

A spokesman for the Ukraine intelligence agency says the story is completely untrue, and a false flag.

https://www.rt.com/news/355385-fsb-ukraine-terrorist-attacks/
My guess would be that, in a traditionally Russian manner, his curator has told him to say the exact opposite of truth, and that Russia does actually plan to invade Ukraine even more. It would at least explain why Russia has recently started to create new tank armies on the Ukraine's border.
Putin called the meeting meaningless "Norman Quartet"

Russian President Vladimir Putin considers pointless meeting leaders of "Norman Quartet" (Russia, Ukraine, Germany, France) against saboteurs detained Ukrainian in Crimea.
fuk
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 10, 2016, 11:19:23 am »

I should be scared but I am giggling at Russian propaganda. I don't think it is a way to find a casus beli (Russia simply doesn't need one)

IMO, It is a start of media campaign to divert Russian hate from Turks back to Ukraine.

On other hand, August, Olympic games, incoming American elections... That reminds me something.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 10, 2016, 11:31:37 am »

Meanwhile, the Russian intelligence agency FSB reports that they have thwarted an attack by the Ukraine on Crimea. According to them, Ukrainian special forces had infiltrated the area in an attempt to take out important infrastructure.

On sunday night, a second attempt was launched by Ukrainian special forces, this time supported by armoured vehicles.
According to the FSB, this attack was also pushed back, but one Russian soldier was killed in a 'massive firefight'.

A spokesman for the Ukraine intelligence agency says the story is completely untrue, and a false flag.

Things are very, very fishy.

First rumours of a shoot-out at the Perekop Isthmus appeared on social media in the morning of the 7th of August. Both Russian and Ukrainian media reacted with a blackout - Russia's Life News wrote about 'unconfirmed reports of shooting at the border near Armyansk', but quickly withdrew the story. The border checkpoints were closed for a while, and the Russian military moved additional forces into Armyansk, triggering Ukrainian media's "Russia's about to invade Ukraine!1!" reflexes yet again. Initial reports claimed a group of armed criminals tried to cross the border and were thwarted by Russian army forces. Then, things got interesting: the local police received orders to be on the lookout for several wanted individuals on the run that were allegedly involved in the incident - 4-5 men, wearing camouflage uniforms with Russian army chevrons.

After several days of silence, Russia's FSB has acknowledged the incident only now, and they blame Ukrainian security forces. Something is afoot.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 11:33:29 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 10, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

Turkey signals joint defense plan with Russia
Turkey and Russia will establish a joint military, intelligence and diplomacy mechanism, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said Wednesday.
That was a fast heel-face turn. From a "hated enemy who violated our border and is supporting our sworn opponent, Assad", to a "our best friend, we even have a joint defense plan agreement in the works", within just two-three months. This shows just how shallow these "deep chasms" can turn out in reality *looks in direction of Ukraine*.
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 10, 2016, 03:23:19 pm »

Almost as unholy an alliance as USA and Saudi's

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 10, 2016, 03:29:24 pm »

The official statement from the Turkish government: "because Turkey did not get the support it expected from it's NATO allies after the coup attempt, it's nothing more than logical that Turkey finds other allies to defend the nation and combat terrorism."
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 10, 2016, 04:13:58 pm »

The official statement from the Turkish government: "because Turkey did not get the support it expected from it's NATO allies after the coup attempt, it's nothing more than logical that Turkey finds other allies to defend the nation and combat terrorism."
What did they expect, the NATO to give in to their every demand and to assist in murdering their internal opposition abroad?

Turkey is just being unreasonable, simply unreasonable. Well, either that, or they're just playing the typical Cold War game of "neutrality", trying to appease and receive aid from both sides. Which is a pretty bold move, Cotton, given that they're physically in NATO. Well, we'll see if it pays off!
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 10, 2016, 04:15:38 pm »

It's time to truly and finally punish Turkey for their actions.

Obama must tweet "Armenian Genocide really happened". Erdogan will be lucky if anyone survives.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 11, 2016, 05:33:40 pm »

The incident in the Crimea is escalating fast. The Ukrainian government sent extra troops to the border, and placed them on combat alert. Putin has said that the Ukraine can expect Russian actions. He also declared that the peace talks about eastern Ukraine will not continue.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 11, 2016, 07:21:50 pm »

Oh Lordy loo.

I'm surprised Putin's not managed to get himself assassinated yet, given how many people he seems to be pissing off over the course of his career.

I assume his version of the Secret Service (why is it called that anyway? It's hardly secret and it's as secretive as any top level government organization) are pretty competent, plus whatever KGB tactics they use these days.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 11, 2016, 07:34:08 pm »

I'm genuinely surprised at how few politicians get shot while making public appearances.

The effective range on a lot of rifles is pretty damn far, indeed far enough that you can't see them properly, and there's usually a lot of nice buildings with a clear view of podiums and such.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 11, 2016, 07:42:44 pm »

i would assume, generally, that said buildings are cordoned off for blocks around.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 11, 2016, 08:35:10 pm »

Things are very, very fishy.

First rumours of a shoot-out at the Perekop Isthmus appeared on social media in the morning of the 7th of August. Both Russian and Ukrainian media reacted with a blackout - Russia's Life News wrote about 'unconfirmed reports of shooting at the border near Armyansk', but quickly withdrew the story. The border checkpoints were closed for a while, and the Russian military moved additional forces into Armyansk, triggering Ukrainian media's "Russia's about to invade Ukraine!1!" reflexes yet again. Initial reports claimed a group of armed criminals tried to cross the border and were thwarted by Russian army forces. Then, things got interesting: the local police received orders to be on the lookout for several wanted individuals on the run that were allegedly involved in the incident - 4-5 men, wearing camouflage uniforms with Russian army chevrons.

After several days of silence, Russia's FSB has acknowledged the incident only now, and they blame Ukrainian security forces. Something is afoot.
Something will happen soon that has not happened for a long time, and it'll set a major precedent. It's fucking scary is what it feels like. Does anyone know if they said when all this shit started if we had weapons, troops, or investments in Ukraine at the time?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 13, 2016, 03:22:27 pm »

In Switzerland, a 27 year old man stabbed multiple passengers and set a woman on fire in a train driving between Buchs and Sennwald.

Authorities say they don't think it's a terrorist attack, but rather a crime passionel.

At least 7 people were injured, of whom some are in critical condition. Three women of 17, 34 and 43, two men of 17 and 50 and a 6 year old kid were injured. The perpetrator himself was injured too.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 03:24:00 pm by martinuzz »

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 163