Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 879648 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #13725 on: March 29, 2016, 01:26:58 am »

none of mio's crap is store-bought, all of it is loot or from her hero form
Yeah again, a fairy literally appeared and gave her gauntlets inbuilt shotguns.

She did use Retaliation against Alanis's words and almost killed her in one punch :P
Made far less impressive by the fact that with her build, a bad cold cold also bring her to the brink of death :P

-snip-
That isn't our problem though. If a character is stuck acting in a way that the other characters actively avoid or ignore them, then they themselves will have to react and privately develop from that in an attempt to become more approachable.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13726 on: March 29, 2016, 01:28:11 am »

Except she's been given at least two. Mio and Sachi have said they're sympathetic even if they disagree. ItE is willing to listen.

Most of the rest she's chased away by being the fourth wall breaking equivalent of a fundie. :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13727 on: March 29, 2016, 01:29:11 am »

The problem is, the reason she has no sympathetic ears is because the entire topic is actively detrimental to the RP of multiple other people, and we just don't want to keep dealing with it over and over and over because it is so poisonous to immersion.

And this goes along with my earlier part: you can't rely on other roleplayers to give you the exact trigger you need to do something, though I admit I have been guilty of this myself and only recently have begun to really change it. We both need to be able to use the ongoing RP and ongoing conversations to fuel character change, rather than just treading water until we get the exact scenarios we want.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13728 on: March 29, 2016, 01:32:13 am »

Except she's been given at least two. Mio and Sachi have said they're sympathetic even if they disagree. ItE is willing to listen.
BOXWOOD even flat out said said his own personal theories partially matched hers. Nothing came out of it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13729 on: March 29, 2016, 01:33:53 am »

I offered an alternate theory with Evridiki that probably also would have been constructive to follow on, but that segment of it was ignored in favor of the breakdown from Tourmaline dismissing her.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13730 on: March 29, 2016, 01:35:41 am »

Mio?  I don't get that vibe from her.

As for Sachi...Certainly she's provided advice, but she hasn't actually offered to let Alanis talk.  And Alanis doesn't want to dump everything on moeblob.

ItE...Alanis could talk to ItE.  But that's changing one problem for another.  And that's assuming ItE/Twi is around.

Boxwood would have worked, if his internal monologue had been actual dialogue...Also he's gone now anyway.

Evridiki's correlation is not causation thing is something Alanis could explore, but yeah, it did get completely derailed by the whole breakdown thing...Which was actually Tourmaline AND Aesford's fault.

I'm half-tempted to have her just dump everything on 6AR-1025 and leave it at that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 01:37:21 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13731 on: March 29, 2016, 01:37:40 am »

You don't, but she's said it. And then Alanis proceeded to act so loony it threatened the team, so she's forced to not be sympathetic anyway.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13732 on: March 29, 2016, 01:38:01 am »

He flat out said to Alanis that he privately agreed with her to an extent. He literally said that when he talked to her after Tourmaline punched her. All his internal monologue had about her was just his increasing desire to putt a bullet through her skull.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13733 on: March 29, 2016, 01:38:29 am »

I reeeeeally feel like Empiricist's and my bit about having to use what's actually happening rather than wait for other characters to do a specific thing and give a specific trigger is much more relevant and important to discuss than arguing about specific incidents and whether they fit your criteria for the trugger you want to happen.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13734 on: March 29, 2016, 01:41:21 am »

He flat out said to Alanis that he privately agreed with her to an extent. He literally said that when he talked to her after Tourmaline punched her. All his internal monologue had about her was just his increasing desire to putt a bullet through her skull.
Alanis did not trust squee-y spacecat.  She would have felt much more comfortable with the gumshoe.
I reeeeeally feel like Empiricist's and my bit about having to use what's actually happening rather than wait for other characters to do a specific thing and give a specific trigger is much more relevant and important to discuss than arguing about specific incidents and whether they fit your criteria for the trugger you want to happen.
I honestly agree with you...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13735 on: March 29, 2016, 01:43:55 am »

I think what you're going to find and what I HAVE found is that you're never going to have things match up EXACTLY with what you want to happen, because other people are writing these things and other people have no way of tailoring to your EXACT needs for something. You need to adapt amd provide content according to what the situation actually is rather than a specific state you need it to be in, or you're never going to get anywhere.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13736 on: March 29, 2016, 01:46:30 am »

Yeah, like Powder is saying, good for her, but wouldn't have ever happened. He already dropped the facade to a point in that he started using longer sentences and far more speech-like text than the cutesy stuff he was throwing out earlier, there is no way in hell he'd ever reveal his own thoughts. Especially not to someone who neither responds nor heeds his advice.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13737 on: March 29, 2016, 01:55:38 am »

I'm sleeping now, is almost 3 AM and I can't force myself to stay awake ANY longer

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13738 on: March 29, 2016, 01:56:33 am »

no pls senpai ;-;

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13739 on: March 29, 2016, 02:10:40 am »

I don't.... What Even? Far too sick for this...
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 1328