Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883607 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #17235 on: April 24, 2016, 03:16:08 am »

"You're not getting away, birdbrain!" Asuka whips at the hawk, whip gripping around its neck, as suddenly a very fast and very cold bullet flies directly at its cranium from a direction no one seems to know.
it was hidden in asuka's action
but still
you're supposed to read all of it
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17236 on: April 24, 2016, 03:18:28 am »

*defenestrates henry plushie*
y u do dis ;-;

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17237 on: April 24, 2016, 04:17:14 am »

limits happen because emp cant keep the ridiculous, unnecessary (and unnecessarily convoluted) stuff in his pants
I only provided examples. Twin was the one who wanted nerfs to be made to Main Actions, albeit in the form of mandatory cooldowns instead.

oh, what the fuck
Yep, unless you have Pure Damage that's plenty of Shielding to get through. Well, more single-use RES since it is placed on top of RES rather than below it.

Can someone Please quote me where 6AR was accepted so I can know who to blame and if I should kick my own ass? I really am not in the mood to go searching through every page after 6AR was first posted looking for an approval post....
Approved by Elf. Slacker already threw a fit about that exact Action but nothing came out of it.

'twas a joke. I'm not Emp :P
You realize normally I just request something like that to be nerfed while people proceed to ignore or argue against be, rather than actually trying to put it into practice, right? :P
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17238 on: April 24, 2016, 04:21:43 am »

I will submit myself for summary execution for that mistake immediately.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17239 on: April 24, 2016, 04:23:07 am »

I will submit myself for summary execution for that mistake immediately.
I'm pretty sure Sanure has too much stab-debt to do that. It'd be like someone with a mortgage trying to repossess their own bank's assets :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17240 on: April 24, 2016, 04:26:33 am »

Heh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17241 on: April 24, 2016, 07:50:37 am »

To be fair, the TBF's post above that does not really show exactly what the action was; it just said temp-HP. It said nothing at all about regenerating every turn or scaling super high or being passive. They got it through via vagueness.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:54:20 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17242 on: April 24, 2016, 08:19:28 am »

To be fair, the TBF's post above that does not really show exactly what the action was; it just said temp-HP. It said nothing at all about regenerating every turn or scaling super high or being passive. They got it through via vagueness.
His sheet made it rather clear though, you can even see it's state at the time of Elf's replies since he quoted it:
Parry Dodge Block (Passive)(3): Gain a pool of (ability)DEX points of dodging at the start of each turn.  Subtract all damage rolls from this pool, negating point for point.  Should any be left over, roll as normal.
Clarify Counter and Parry Dodge Block.
It was already Action Level multiplied by DEX. Really, it seems that the main problem involved is more that people submit entire characters with all of their Actions at once, increasing the chances of the GMs making a mistake as opposed to if they submitted Actions one at a time. Plus calculations always have a higher rate of error than absolute effects.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17243 on: April 24, 2016, 08:26:55 am »

Alright, lemme pitch an RP idea to you guys:
-The setting: I dunno, Japan because why not. 'Could be America, could be England, who the hell really cares. Also Japan is best because of what this RP is actually based on.
-The plot: All the players are high school students, whether in the same or different schools, who've either known each other since childhood or know each other from different things (i.e. sports or work) who meet up after school or on weekends at an old cafe or something. Their group is called the 'Neighbor's Brigade'.
-The conflicts: Either between characters or towards the Brigade as a whole (i.e. someone trying to buy out the place the Brigade meets at, bullies, a delinquent gang appropriating the place for their own). More or less, the main conflict of the game is keeping the Brigade together, even as the real world tries to push them apart (i.e. graduation, work, etc).
-The fun stuff: Shipping is encouraged, and players can make up plots so long as they don't go on bringing in criminals and stuff (save that for Trespassers or RotMG, we already have enough criminals interacting with teens as it is on the news). Good plots would be those that take people to new places in the area or events, like a beach, or a summer festival, or a character's sporting event.
-The system: Freeform. No stats. Again, slice-of-life, doesn't really need it.

Now, here's the beauty.
-There are no twists. No big-time criminals (or any criminals who aren't just delinquents trying to act tough and cool), no high schools of mutual killing, no magic, no disabilities, no superpowers, no embodiments of human emotion trying to kill you, no other worlds, no nothing. Just normal kids living in a world out of a slice-of-life anime ala K-On! or Kids on the Slope or what-have-you. We have tons of those in other games.

The reason I say this is because I want to see if a truly, normal, no-twist, no-violence, freeform slice-of-life game with a plot is really possible. If you want your feed of violence and crime, Trespassers, RotMG or Occult Hobby to an extent are right there.

That sound decent?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17244 on: April 24, 2016, 08:28:18 am »

I'd play.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17245 on: April 24, 2016, 08:28:48 am »

Hmrrm.

Well, I'm always interested.

To be clear:
I'd play.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:32:00 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17246 on: April 24, 2016, 08:29:58 am »

Aw geez
For fuck's sake
I already used my Serious Character on katawa shoujo
goddammit
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17248 on: April 24, 2016, 08:35:26 am »

Might watch, but not personally interested. I get enough kicks out of having surprisingly heated debates on maths puzzles with friends on facebook already :P

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17249 on: April 24, 2016, 08:37:01 am »

fuck it
i'll be AU colette that doesn't have muscular atrophy
yes
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 ... 1328