Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883130 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Oh what the hell.

Either way, the idea is it only affects his weapon attack, no skill involved.

Any other comments on his abilities and why they are balanced because he does not really have anything else he can do?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

If we can't upgrade basic attacks, someone tell that to It that Embraces...
Aye.
You seem to have misinterpreted, I was saying ItE was breaking a rule.

The question has been asked before and the answer was no. As with so many other things, that thing got through because "OMG Twi-senpai!".
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Quotes, please? There's literally nothing mentioned in the OP about Basic Actions being un-upgradeable, and at least two characters who have upgraded Basic Actions.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

My main quibble with Foreigner is that it more or less allows him to do a ton of really, really broken things, with no rolls whatsoever, for a unique resource that subverts the usual thing that WOULD balance this out (recoil, turn-based timer, limited uses). Yes, it's "balanced" by him being unable to regain patience instead by doing things outside of combat, but it's irrelevant if he just does those and outshines everyone else anyway.

In particular, Doublevision is ridiculous. It really doesn't matter if it's not treated like an ult, both because it's a pain in the ass to write and is also patently ridiculous (double healing for the party, double damage against all enemies and for one turn really doesn't seem balanced to me). Do Over is also patently ridiculous, as it's basically a 'free reroll until I win' button akin to Whispers of the Force, which is another absolutely OP thing to have; and the only difference is that the former doesn't happen automatically, which again is rendered irrelevant due to it having no real other counterbalance bar the unique resource.

Moreover, we're still due a summon revamp because TBF and Emp BROKE the last one wide open, so I can't even approve it on that basis.

If we can't upgrade basic attacks, someone tell that to It that Embraces...
Aye.
You seem to have misinterpreted, I was saying ItE was breaking a rule.

The question has been asked before and the answer was no. As with so many other things, that thing got through because "OMG Twi-senpai!".
Ain't no rule against it. There will be anyway, as soon as I get talking with San, because the intent of a Basic Attack is that it's your emergency attack, when your Abilities are useless.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Whispers of the Force isn't 'free reroll until I win', it's mechanically equivalent to D&D's Advantage...  Just with a different name.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

My main quibble with Foreigner is that it more or less allows him to do a ton of really, really broken things, with no rolls whatsoever, for a unique resource that subverts the usual thing that WOULD balance this out (recoil, turn-based timer, limited uses). Yes, it's "balanced" by him being unable to regain patience instead by doing things outside of combat, but it's irrelevant if he just does those and outshines everyone else anyway.

In particular, Doublevision is ridiculous. It really doesn't matter if it's not treated like an ult, both because it's a pain in the ass to write and is also patently ridiculous (double healing for the party, double damage against all enemies and for one turn really doesn't seem balanced to me). Do Over is also patently ridiculous, as it's basically a 'free reroll until I win' button akin to Whispers of the Force, which is another absolutely OP thing to have; and the only difference is that the former doesn't happen automatically, which again is rendered irrelevant due to it having no real other counterbalance bar the unique resource.

Fine, I'll Replace Doublevision if it really gets you twisted like this. but for the record, Enemies get it too, so double damage taken, double enemy abilities, so on and so forth.  It does not really give action economy.

That's ALL he can do though. he does not outshine anyone because he has an attack that deals 12 damage, an attack that deals 20 damage, no Piercing, no AOE, nothing special at all, ALL he has is a really nice support ability that lets People take 5 on something IF HE KNOWS OF IT IN ADVANCE.

He cannot do it to things that have already happened, he has to pick a roll he thinks will be made this turn (An ally's attack, a crafting roll, some zany tactic that would make someone else look good because they dive right thorough something and it explodes when they do it right)   His whole Job is to make other people look good and do it while looking not half bad himself.

His skills don't have rolls, Ok, He has an ability that lets him reroll, ok, so basically, the thing you said lets him outshine everyone is actually worthless to him.

Shut Up TBF.

Doublevision changed to only affect one target on a 3 turn cooldown, even though it is backed up by a perk.

Whatever.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:17:52 am by Shadestyle »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

If you nerf Doublevision and Do Over, as well as make Patience acquisition harder, I may consider approving this, but even if I wanted to, I can't right now because the summon rules are in need a revamping to begin with.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

He currently has a max of 50 Rerolls per plot.

That is not unbalanced considering he will spend more than 5 Per combat, and more than 10 outside of each, and the only way to replenish it is by gaining experience and grinding tedious stuff, something we won't get more than 100 of in a plot in all likelyhood, and may not get any of the latter, depending on how nice the GM is.

Oh, and did I mention, his only means of avoiding damage spends as much of it as the enemy has Dex, which means unless i upgrade it, it loses effectiveness the stronger the enemies get? So he could lose upwards of 20 patience just dodging an attack.

Oh, and lethal damage forces this, because he has no self heal.

so basically, he literally cannot use this more than maybe 50 Times per level. at best.  Assuming he uses it enough to even be USEFUL, he has to shell out tons of patience for a single action.

Doublevision has been changed to affect one target on a 3 turn cooldown, even though it has a perk backing it up.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:41:03 am by Shadestyle »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

oh wow, I forgot Sandra had invisibility
thincake

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Wait, when since?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

since she staggered back to Mio's house practically naked and covered in wounds
thincake

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Not on her sheet though.
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I think that was what we call a joke.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

...no, uh, sandra was actually invisible
apparently

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

...no, uh, sandra was actually invisible
apparently
Yeah, I was wondering what you thought the joke was, Twinwolf...
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 ... 1328