Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue the story?

Nah, wait until other players are ready.
- 3 (33.3%)
Heck yeah, you lazy GM!
- 5 (55.6%)
No, screw you.
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 12, 2016, 05:53:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 120

Author Topic: RWBY: Crimson Sands (OOC)  (Read 114174 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY: Crimson Sands (OOC)
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2015, 10:39:45 pm »

Well they (or you, for that matter) need to tell me what the problem is.  I am certainly not greatly interested in tracking down just what is wrong on my own, though I can certainly change things.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:41:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2015, 10:41:17 pm »

It's probably the mention of D&D in a completely unrelated setting, and the... Dragon-y bits.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2015, 10:42:27 pm »

It's probably the mention of D&D in a completely unrelated setting, and the... Dragon-y bits.
Dang.
Oh well, I can certainly un-dragon things.  Or at least, un-dragon most of the things.
Revision incoming.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:45:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2015, 10:45:56 pm »

Well he needs to tell me what the problem is.  I am certainly not greatly interested in tracking down just what is wrong, though I can certainly change things.
Well here's the problems that I see:
1. You can't really breathe fire. I suppose you could chew up or drink dust or something, but you cant make an element or something without dust, because dust is the element.
2. You can't really change your entire bodily shape.
3. D&D =/= RWBY. You can't just slap something from D&D into RWBY and think it can conform with the canon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2015, 10:49:56 pm »

1)Well yes, materials would obviously be required?  I wasn't aware it needed to be explicitly mentioned though.
2)Yeah,that was a bit of a reach.  It won't be in the revision.
3)Yes, which is why I pretty much didn't.  The closest I really got was referencing the various breath attacks and associated colors, but really.
Sigtext

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2015, 10:51:58 pm »

1. You could probably just put red dust in its powder form in your mouth, and breath it out as you ignite it with your aura.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2015, 10:55:31 pm »

You seem to be missing the point.
It's not firebreath.  It's a breath attack which would be based off of the properties of any given Dust. 
I really don't quite get this system.  Is Dust used up if you don't shoot it at somebody, what is permissible for Semblances...(Obviously not dragons).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 05:07:58 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2015, 11:02:48 pm »

You seem to be missing the point.
It's not firebreath.  It's a breath attack which would be based off of the properties of any given Dust. 
I really don't quite get this system.  Is Dust used up if you don't shoot it at somebody, what is permissible for Semblances...(Obviously not dragons).
Revision incoming, I reiterate.
Pretty much, you can use it with any dust.
Dust is the form magic and the elements take, kinda like that one stuff in that one final fantasy game. It is used in everyday life ever since it was used by mankind to overcome the Grimm; for combat it's mostly used as ammunition for firearm-type transformations, but it could also be used as a propellant or wielded as a medium for your semblance; for example, Cinder, one of the antagonists, sent a large stream of fire at Glynda to cover their escape; she used red dust to do so, as it is the element itself she needed. Weiss uses dust to give her glyphs other powers, Ruby uses gravity dust for her scythe, Yang uses fire dust for her weapon, etc. Its pretty much what runs the world.
For more, watch this World of Remnant video.
And yes, it's used up once you use it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2015, 11:27:44 pm »

Upon further review...Why no dragons?  I mean, with several people who can make things, even temporary things, it doesn't seem too far-fetched if I rephrase things.
Sigtext

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2015, 01:26:19 am »

Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2015, 01:27:18 am »

I'd prefer to be in this thread, if it's all the same to you.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2015, 01:44:36 am »

Eh, as would I, mainly for backstory reasons. :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2015, 01:55:57 am »

Holy shit, RWBY is amazing.
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2015, 02:09:45 am »

...what caused this sudden realisation of yours, SB?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2015, 02:20:51 am »

Watching it for the first time.
In other news, Jaune and Ruby are my new favorite characters and they should be together immediately.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 120