Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89247 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Metaphorically jizzing all over the multiverse
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2015, 06:06:33 pm »

Alright, anyone want to go spelunking or are we leaving this to the NPCS?
(this is for the caverns universe. Anyone interested? Dester is going. (gotta get the ball rolling...)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2015, 06:34:46 pm »

((I hereby dub universe 7,7,7 "Sharkmist space"))
((Not catchy enough. Why not just Sharkland? The land of shark vapor!))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2015, 07:30:23 pm »

I'm gonna play with the goo-verse.

Syv, d'you want to keep poking at new universes or do you want to play with Sharkmistverse? I don't want to step on your toes, but it is an interesting one.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2015, 07:37:23 pm »

Playing with probes:

1.Try sending a probe to (0,0,1), which is null, and then sending it directly to (0,0,5), which is also null, without bringing it home first.

2.If that works, send a probe to the gooverse, and then transfer it to (0,0,1).  Send a second probe from home to (0,0,1), make it examine the probe from the gooverse, and then bring it back.  Leave the gooverse probe in (0,0,1).  Does this all work as a way to examine universes without risking our own?

3.Regardless of the above results, send two probes to (0,0,9), which is null, then bring one back.  Where was it, relative to the other?

4.Repeat the above experiment, but attempt to transfer one probe within the universe, to a set location relative to the other probe.  Basically, if A is 500 meters in front of B, try to teleport A to 500 meters behind B, without teleporting to an intermediate universe.

5.If we can't teleport without changing universe, use (0,0,5) as an intermediate.  Does that work?

Ask the Doc (over texts):

6."Is there any danger inherent to transferring between different universes frequently?  If we did it often enough, is it possible we could attract the attention of something unpleasant?"

7."Is there any limit to how much we can transfer, beyond that?  Does the machine have a limited number of uses, or do we require some sort of difficult-to-obtain fuel?"

Personal:

8.No, I have no more info on what the device I got for Christmas 2013 does.  I never tested it, because I was terrified it was a bomb meant to solve my Tinker addiction.  Still am, to be honest.  Can you come up with a new function, or should we just assume it's a completely nonfunctional hunk of metal?
Quote from: Copy of description and experiment
Quote from: 2013 Christmas Gift
A strange machine; It's quite large, maybe three feet wide and 2 tall with a square central section and two circular lobes coming out of either side. The only controls are a button and a knob with numbers 1 to 10.
Quote from: Experiment
Put it on one of our warships, and put ten humans, five sods, and five robosods on the ship with it.  Humans secured, sods not.  Then, have one of the sods set the dial to 2, and press the button.  Anything happen?

((@M26 team
I changed the universe format on our wiki page.  Universes are now organized by contents, rather than coordinates.  Does the new format work, or would people prefer the old?  If the latter, it's easy to revert.

On a different topic, I'm starting to think we should just live in a null 'verse, at least to start.  Since we can freely (and presumably cheaply) teleport between universes, we have essentially infinite resources to mine in other places.  Setting up a massive space station in a null verse, for humanity to live in while they search for a better home, doesn't seem like a bad plan.

@Gentlefish
Thanks for asking, but I'm more interested in the mechanics of how universe hopping works.  Knock yourself out with (7,7,7).))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2015, 07:56:18 pm »

I'm gonna play with the goo-verse. I'll probably go in myself on the next turn if all is good.

Syv, d'you want to keep poking at new universes or do you want to play with Sharkmistverse? I don't want to step on your toes, but it is an interesting one, and I'd like to up the phases.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2015, 07:56:41 pm »

I am very much for setting up a base as soon as possible, and then redirecting resources and people once we find a better one

(this is for the caverns universe. Anyone interested? Dester is going. (gotta get the ball rolling...)

I think I'll stick around and throw in more numbers, want me to continue your pattern?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 07:59:18 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2015, 08:31:50 pm »

@syv: the new format is better. As for nulls, I sent a probe into one, moved it within the universe, and attempted to return it, but we lost contact with it. I think living in them will be nonviable.

@Kedley. yeah, you can. Any universe that is not immediately dangerous or explicitly foreign (i.e. the goovese and the frozen ghostverse), send the next level of probe to. An example of an acceptable verse to explore would be the fractalverse. I don't intend to be gone long in grav field cavernverse, so you can either hold off on sending humans, or, if you find a verse that seems benign enough, go ahead and send some. but if you get really interesting results, send a probe to recall me from Cavernverse before continuing. an example here would be a welcome message written on the probe by an alien species, or a verse with interstellar whalebeasts the size of planets.

@gentlefish. I am also interested in fractalverse. I'd like second and third phase probes sent at least. Human testing can wait a little, but I want to do that before long too. Fractalverse inspires Dester's sense of exploration and adventure (mine too).

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2015, 11:33:56 pm »

Yeah, Vincent is going to participate in the fractalverse visit as well, and sweet, I'm down for sending probes

Edit: Also guys, I just proved the last number doesn't have anything to do with temperature, but it is REALLY bugging me that 100F is about 36C and that was the only thing that really stood out about 6,6,36
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:39:10 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2015, 01:20:24 pm »

I take it you ran phase 3 on 6,6,36? If so now run phase 4 on it
Quote from:  Phase 4
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Phase 1 on:
Quote from: phase 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the 6,6,36 probe came back with living but sick animals, remember? Sick animals that have started going critical and which scans reveal to have massive parasitic infestations. One of the rabbits has started vomiting baby spiders.

1. This universe seems abnormally small, and filled with some kind of fluffy pinkish red matter. No damage but also vacuum, very little heat and no gravity.
2. Only half the probe returns. It's been neatly sliced in half with a slight curve to the cut, as though a large circular section was removed and the probe just happened to intersect the edge of it. Beyond this, the probe's cameras reveal a universe of black smoke and haze. The probe comes back completely sterilized of all life, including in the sealed internal parts. Not even a single bacterium is left.
3. Null

Yeah. Phase 4 into Goo-verse. Some NPC's. Suited up and safe, of course.

Let's do phase 3 on 7,7,7? Nitrogen/Argon sounds... At least livable. Let's send some small animals to find out. One in a contained living bubble, the other outside. Let's see what happens.

The npcs report the universe to be a lot like being submerged in jello. They also report, however, that the stuff seems to have inconsistent currents and that the ship got dragged around a fair bit, though it was only perceptible because they were leaving glowsticks around. There's a mild sensation of gravity, in the same way you might get underwater; not powerful but existent. They report no negative symptoms.

The one outside suffocates, because nitrogen and argon aren't oxygen. The one inside is unharmed.

Alright, is that it? No one else?

Playing with probes:

1.Try sending a probe to (0,0,1), which is null, and then sending it directly to (0,0,5), which is also null, without bringing it home first.

2.If that works, send a probe to the gooverse, and then transfer it to (0,0,1).  Send a second probe from home to (0,0,1), make it examine the probe from the gooverse, and then bring it back.  Leave the gooverse probe in (0,0,1).  Does this all work as a way to examine universes without risking our own?

3.Regardless of the above results, send two probes to (0,0,9), which is null, then bring one back.  Where was it, relative to the other?

4.Repeat the above experiment, but attempt to transfer one probe within the universe, to a set location relative to the other probe.  Basically, if A is 500 meters in front of B, try to teleport A to 500 meters behind B, without teleporting to an intermediate universe.

5.If we can't teleport without changing universe, use (0,0,5) as an intermediate.  Does that work?

Ask the Doc (over texts):

6."Is there any danger inherent to transferring between different universes frequently?  If we did it often enough, is it possible we could attract the attention of something unpleasant?"

7."Is there any limit to how much we can transfer, beyond that?  Does the machine have a limited number of uses, or do we require some sort of difficult-to-obtain fuel?"

Personal:

8.No, I have no more info on what the device I got for Christmas 2013 does.  I never tested it, because I was terrified it was a bomb meant to solve my Tinker addiction.  Still am, to be honest.  Can you come up with a new function, or should we just assume it's a completely nonfunctional hunk of metal?
Quote from: Copy of description and experiment
Quote from: 2013 Christmas Gift
A strange machine; It's quite large, maybe three feet wide and 2 tall with a square central section and two circular lobes coming out of either side. The only controls are a button and a knob with numbers 1 to 10.
Quote from: Experiment
Put it on one of our warships, and put ten humans, five sods, and five robosods on the ship with it.  Humans secured, sods not.  Then, have one of the sods set the dial to 2, and press the button.  Anything happen?

((@M26 team
I changed the universe format on our wiki page.  Universes are now organized by contents, rather than coordinates.  Does the new format work, or would people prefer the old?  If the latter, it's easy to revert.

On a different topic, I'm starting to think we should just live in a null 'verse, at least to start.  Since we can freely (and presumably cheaply) teleport between universes, we have essentially infinite resources to mine in other places.  Setting up a massive space station in a null verse, for humanity to live in while they search for a better home, doesn't seem like a bad plan.

@Gentlefish
Thanks for asking, but I'm more interested in the mechanics of how universe hopping works.  Knock yourself out with (7,7,7).))
1. the probes hops between the two and returns without issue.
2. You can move them through, if thats what your asking. Some of the goo from the gooverse is gonna stick to the probe when you bring it through the null, though. Null isn't a power wash.
3. They appeared about 50 feet apart.
4. You attempt to teleport in the universe and it works, but, after several tests, you find there is a margin of error of about 20%. Which is fine for small things but...well. We can teleport an object in at the same point every time. Lets call that universal origin or UO.  However, if we attempt to teleport something in at 10 meters from UO, it could show up at anywhere between 12 and 8 meters from UO. So, if we were doing it at 10 light years from uo, it could show up anywhere between 12 and 8 ly from uo. Which is a very large margin of error.
5.-
6. "unknown"
7. "it runs using specific geometries. It should function indefinitely, but the current one does have an upper size limit. We could overcome that with a larger rig, but the rig is always larger than the maximum transport size."
8.Uh. I can. Or I can just give you a completely new artifact, free of charge. Your choice.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2015, 01:27:49 pm »

((I'll go spelunking, I suppose.))

Head to the armory, and have the kin amps removed from my gloves. Then join up with Dester.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2015, 03:06:58 pm »

1.First, just to be sure, repeat all the tests I did in the previous post ten times.  Probably completely unnecessary, but good practice regardless.

2.Next, make the procedure in the below quote standard procedure, UNLESS somebody objects.  I'll put it on the wiki after it's been accepted.
Quote from:  Modifications to Phase one probe testing
All probes being sent to previously unexplored universes will, after their minute of exposure is up, be transferred to a null universe; Specifically, 0,0,9.  Once the exploratory probe is in 0,0,9, an observation probe will be sent to observe it.  The observation probe will be automated to do a full circle around the exploratory probe, and then fire a large metal sphere at it (at a slow enough velocity to do no damage), and observe the results.  After enough time has elapsed for this procedure to complete, the observation probe will be transferred back to our facility, and the test observed.  If the exploratory probe showed no harmful or anomalous effects, it will be transferred back as well.  If the exploratory probe did show some negative effects, leave it in 0,0,9 until somebody decides what to do with it.

The observation probe will also wirelessly download all sensor data from the exploratory probe, if possible.

Now, back to experimentation!
3.Message the Doctor, asking whether moving probes within our universe is potentialy dangerous.  Point out that if not, I'm going to try it.

4.If the Doctor says it isn't dangerous (but not if he says "unknown" or something), transfer a probe to a spot in front of one of our warships (close enough that the 20% error margin shouldn't be an issue.)  Inspect the probe from the warship's cams, then return the probe to base.  Review its footage as well.  Was there anything anomalous or weird?

5.If everything went well with 4, repeat the test, but this time with a QEC mounted on the probe.  Test if the QEC is functional, both before and after the probe returns.  Don't look at any data that goes through either one, though--have a mook do that.

6.If everything went well with 4 (but not necessarily 5), repeat the test, but transfering the probe around our system multiple times before returning to base.  Everything's fine, right?

7.Ask the Doc if this device could be constructed in another universe, and remain functional.

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint to: BLOPS team
Recent tests have shown that it is possible to transfer probes directly between universes, without bringing them to our own as an intermediate.  I highly recommend that, from now on, all probes returning from previously unexplored universes are sent to a null universe first, where a secondary probe can check them for potentially dangerous contaminants.  While this facility is somewhat expendable, we still don't want a repeat of test rooms one or two.

((Ozark and Doctor, remember to check all equipment you guys are gonna take before you go through yourself.  Doc's got a sharksuit, which very well may go haywire--you don't want to find that out while wearing it.))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2015, 03:29:15 pm »

Infectious spiderverse is more horrific than corrosiveverse... BURN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!!! ... AHEM

Have all specimens from 6,6,36 immediately purged, any rooms the specimens were in cleansed/purged, and any humans that were in any way near ANY of the specimens or in any of the rooms the after the specimens are to be immediately quarantined afterwhich send a message to Steve
Quote from:  Vincent to: Steve  Att: Video of rabbit throwing up spiders
While searching for a new home, do you also want us to be on the lookout for universes we can weaponise? I may have found a universe that may be great for a prison. If we can create sealed environments in this universe, we can create cells that prisoners won't want to escape from

If Steve shows interest, send a new rabbit phase probe into 6,6,36 only keep the rabbits in a sealed environment for their stay, have the pass through universe be 0,1,0 instead of 0,0,9, also, just leave the probe in 0,0,9 and use another probe to monitor it. Don't bring the probe back to our universe

Regardless of Steve's interest in spider
hellverse send phase 2 to 7,7,7
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 08:17:04 pm by Kedly »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2015, 04:08:41 pm »

((Ozarck has ... A shirt with a big smiling duck on it, a shirt with a CRT tv on it that says "Watching friend I love He" on it, and several packs of collectible cards. i think he'll be fine. Also, that's why I never bought the sharksuit. One wrong universal constant and KABLOOEY!))

Approve Saint's modifications to Phase One. Send a probe containing a brainworm gun, a weevil gun, a Crystalline projector, a Servitor Sandbag, and a sharksuit into the Caverns. the y are not to be used, just sent and returned. If no noticeable changes occur to them, proceed to enter the universe with Gus. Fly over the whole first Cavern at high altitude,  just to scout a bit, tehn go through to the next cavern and fly around it. How many connections are there between cavern A and other caverns? I believe you mentioned that we could see two caverns, so I am assuming one connection. if this is the case, look for another connection in cavern b as well.

((honestly I think we'll find nothing in gravity field universe, but Dester needed to stretch his legs a bit in a relatively nonhostile environment.))

Edit: to the DocAltered, ghost ships (if I understand the rumors correctly), Steve, they all seem to combine physical bodies or brains into one, gestalt creature. Kinda like that guy on the Sword just before I left for the Hive World. S what? Are you like an organic version of Mr. Saint here? You have a bunch of spare bodies, and "got better" from being executed by jumping into one of them? How do you preserve your original consciousness, if that is the case? Doesn't the mind arise out of the material? Wouldn't you simply be a clone of your self, if you used a new body? I mean, a clone doesn't share the original's consciousness. Identical twins demonstrate that clones are independent. Why, there are even examples of humans with one body but two brains that each have their own unique identities. How have you preserved your own identity over a thousand years? Is there an upper limit to your lifespan? Or are you simply a copy, one of many?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:51:49 pm by Ozarck »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2015, 06:41:19 pm »

((Dester should send in a Haebiflesh sample. Just in case. Ryan will be getting one of those implants.))

Thank you, brave rabbits, for showing that, while not breathable, the argon/nitrogen universe is survivable.

NPC crew to Fractalverse, please.

Phase 1 to 0,10000,0. Or as high as the machine goes, whichever is lower.

SUIT UP FOR GOOVERSE DROP!

Taking with me: standard mcp-I suit, standard fatiugues beneath, and my genemodded eyeballs. And any willing volunteers.

Also an iron cannonball studded with ultrabright LED's, a rigid, hollow sphere filled with helium and studded with ultrabright LED's, and let's take a gauss rifle, preferably ship mounted, and ammunition modified to be blunt and studded with ultrabright LED's. Push-to-fire, one round, directly in front of the ship.

Also, how about sonar?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2015, 01:58:44 pm »

((I'll go spelunking, I suppose.))

Head to the armory, and have the kin amps removed from my gloves. Then join up with Dester.
Done
1.First, just to be sure, repeat all the tests I did in the previous post ten times.  Probably completely unnecessary, but good practice regardless.

2.Next, make the procedure in the below quote standard procedure, UNLESS somebody objects.  I'll put it on the wiki after it's been accepted.
Quote from:  Modifications to Phase one probe testing
All probes being sent to previously unexplored universes will, after their minute of exposure is up, be transferred to a null universe; Specifically, 0,0,9.  Once the exploratory probe is in 0,0,9, an observation probe will be sent to observe it.  The observation probe will be automated to do a full circle around the exploratory probe, and then fire a large metal sphere at it (at a slow enough velocity to do no damage), and observe the results.  After enough time has elapsed for this procedure to complete, the observation probe will be transferred back to our facility, and the test observed.  If the exploratory probe showed no harmful or anomalous effects, it will be transferred back as well.  If the exploratory probe did show some negative effects, leave it in 0,0,9 until somebody decides what to do with it.

The observation probe will also wirelessly download all sensor data from the exploratory probe, if possible.

Now, back to experimentation!
3.Message the Doctor, asking whether moving probes within our universe is potentialy dangerous.  Point out that if not, I'm going to try it.

4.If the Doctor says it isn't dangerous (but not if he says "unknown" or something), transfer a probe to a spot in front of one of our warships (close enough that the 20% error margin shouldn't be an issue.)  Inspect the probe from the warship's cams, then return the probe to base.  Review its footage as well.  Was there anything anomalous or weird?

5.If everything went well with 4, repeat the test, but this time with a QEC mounted on the probe.  Test if the QEC is functional, both before and after the probe returns.  Don't look at any data that goes through either one, though--have a mook do that.

6.If everything went well with 4 (but not necessarily 5), repeat the test, but transfering the probe around our system multiple times before returning to base.  Everything's fine, right?

7.Ask the Doc if this device could be constructed in another universe, and remain functional.

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint to: BLOPS team
Recent tests have shown that it is possible to transfer probes directly between universes, without bringing them to our own as an intermediate.  I highly recommend that, from now on, all probes returning from previously unexplored universes are sent to a null universe first, where a secondary probe can check them for potentially dangerous contaminants.  While this facility is somewhat expendable, we still don't want a repeat of test rooms one or two.

((Ozark and Doctor, remember to check all equipment you guys are gonna take before you go through yourself.  Doc's got a sharksuit, which very well may go haywire--you don't want to find that out while wearing it.))
Yes it still works

Just to let you know, doing that might cause trouble. Exposure to hard vacuum altering things, exposure to other things that came off from other universes in that same area, that sort of thing. But If you wanna do it, we do it.

How far away are the warships from the planet?

7. He says maybe, but he's not entirely sure.

Infectious spiderverse is more horrific than corrosiveverse... BURN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!!! ... AHEM

Have all specimens from 6,6,36 immediately purged, any rooms the specimens were in cleansed/purged, and any humans that were in any way near ANY of the specimens or in any of the rooms the after the specimens are to be immediately quarantined afterwhich send a message to Steve
Quote from:  Vincent to: Steve  Att: Video of rabbit throwing up spiders
While searching for a new home, do you also want us to be on the lookout for universes we can weaponise? I may have found a universe that may be great for a prison. If we can create sealed environments in this universe, we can create cells that prisoners won't want to escape from

If Steve shows interest, send a new rabbit phase probe into 6,6,36 only keep the rabbits in a sealed environment for their stay, have the pass through universe be 0,1,0 instead of 0,0,9, also, just leave the probe in 0,0,9 and use another probe to monitor it. Don't bring the probe back to our universe

Regardless of Steve's interest in spider
hellverse send phase 2 to 7,7,7

You burn everything related to that universe, including the pants you were wearing when you sent the probe.

>We're always on the look out for new, useful things. Though in most cases I prefer just killing prisoners we have no use for. What is it, exactly?

Well, the universe is warm, though it seems concentrated into the structures. No visible stars or planets but these structures are so dense thats not surprising. What you do see, however is movement. The censors show all kinds of movement in the lit up and warmer areas of the latices. It's too far away to get a good look at from here, but the motion sensors are lighting up the whole area with subtle movement.

((Ozarck has ... A shirt with a big smiling duck on it, a shirt with a CRT tv on it that says "Watching friend I love He" on it, and several packs of collectible cards. i think he'll be fine. Also, that's why I never bought the sharksuit. One wrong universal constant and KABLOOEY!))

Approve Saint's modifications to Phase One. Send a probe containing a brainworm gun, a weevil gun, a Crystalline projector, a Servitor Sandbag, and a sharksuit into the Caverns. the y are not to be used, just sent and returned. If no noticeable changes occur to them, proceed to enter the universe with Gus. Fly over the whole first Cavern at high altitude,  just to scout a bit, tehn go through to the next cavern and fly around it. How many connections are there between cavern A and other caverns? I believe you mentioned that we could see two caverns, so I am assuming one connection. if this is the case, look for another connection in cavern b as well.

((honestly I think we'll find nothing in gravity field universe, but Dester needed to stretch his legs a bit in a relatively nonhostile environment.))

Edit: to the DocAltered, ghost ships (if I understand the rumors correctly), Steve, they all seem to combine physical bodies or brains into one, gestalt creature. Kinda like that guy on the Sword just before I left for the Hive World. S what? Are you like an organic version of Mr. Saint here? You have a bunch of spare bodies, and "got better" from being executed by jumping into one of them? How do you preserve your original consciousness, if that is the case? Doesn't the mind arise out of the material? Wouldn't you simply be a clone of your self, if you used a new body? I mean, a clone doesn't share the original's consciousness. Identical twins demonstrate that clones are independent. Why, there are even examples of humans with one body but two brains that each have their own unique identities. How have you preserved your own identity over a thousand years? Is there an upper limit to your lifespan? Or are you simply a copy, one of many?
No problems with the guns. They all return ok.

Over the ENTIRE surface? You realize it has more surface area than the entire surface area of the earth right? This cavern is the size of a planet.

In any case you can see one large connection, but there also seem to be many smaller tunnels connected to this cavern. Hard to tell if they lead to the same other cavern or not though.

Can't talk to doc in this universe

Also guys, how long is this excursion? Remember, you can't communicate with the home base and they're the only ones who can warp you back.

((Dester should send in a Haebiflesh sample. Just in case. Ryan will be getting one of those implants.))

Thank you, brave rabbits, for showing that, while not breathable, the argon/nitrogen universe is survivable.

NPC crew to Fractalverse, please.

Phase 1 to 0,10000,0. Or as high as the machine goes, whichever is lower.

SUIT UP FOR GOOVERSE DROP!

Taking with me: standard mcp-I suit, standard fatiugues beneath, and my genemodded eyeballs. And any willing volunteers.

Also an iron cannonball studded with ultrabright LED's, a rigid, hollow sphere filled with helium and studded with ultrabright LED's, and let's take a gauss rifle, preferably ship mounted, and ammunition modified to be blunt and studded with ultrabright LED's. Push-to-fire, one round, directly in front of the ship.

Also, how about sonar?

What should they do there?

Doesn't return

You gather the stuff for the gooverse trip. Including sonar.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54