Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89241 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #510 on: March 23, 2016, 08:12:44 pm »

1.Okay the orgyverse expedition, on the condition that the team leader is female.  I.E, either Twinwolf or an NPC.  Furnish them with a shuttle capable of orbit-surface-orbit travel, several robosods, and a QEC linked to a QEC which we will keep in our own universe.  The second QEC will be transferred into the orgyverse every twenty minutes, downloading any useful data and asking the away team if they want to be pulled out, before returning home so that the data can be reviewed.  They will not have a set mission duration.

2.Check up on that probe which was headed to the second planet.  What is OVP-2 like?  Earthlike, without a major civilization, again?

3.Have some scientists dev up a modified braincase which can house and function on a brain from one of the women from the Orgyverse.

4.If 3 succeeded this turn, take two of the still-living women and put their brains inside the modified braincases.  One is our control, and will be left in our universe, while the other will be sent back into the orgyverse for a minute, then ten minutes, then an hour (while the surroundings are recorded by a probe).  Are there ever any notable deviations?

5.Finally, last turn Ozark sent a probe to universe (0,6,0), and what came back caused the viewing sods to leave their booths.  Blacklist that universe, and quarantine both the sods who saw the probe and the videos themselves.  But don't send the probe back unless the quarantined sods start dying or acting dangerously.

6.Ask the quarantined sods what they saw.  Any response?

7.Do a sonar scan of the testing room which contains that probe.  Have a computer program analyze it for deviations from the expected shape.  Anything interesting?

((D'aww, the spiders are adorable!))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 23, 2016, 09:40:28 pm »

((I'm glad our first real interaction with xenos is not "Everyone kills each other"))

Wonderful, basically human. This is good. Will my haebi arms accept this flesh? Try to assimilate it to bridge the gap between my arms across the back of my shoulders and make them a whole "single" entity.

But wait, if they're all female, how do they procreate? Do they fertilize their own eggs, a la that one kind of lizard, or are they more hermaphroditic, like sea slugs?

Have any spiders died yet? I would like to autopsy one of them if so. If not, leave them be... For now.

Quote from: Ryan to SS
The women are essentially human. Given they are from a different universe, though, there are differences, although mostly cosmetic. I would like a live subject out of the two left for a more... Orthodox method of communication.

Quote from: Ryan to Dester
It may be worth trying to get them to understand our own language, as they have proven their intelligence to be more than capable.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 23, 2016, 10:51:11 pm »

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to: Operative Ryan Jorgensen
Yes, I had the autopsy observed and described for me.  Good job.

Though the differences are significant, they are still disturbingly few.  I disagree with your statement that they are cosmetic--no, cosmetically, the subjects are human, without any differences whatsoever.  Only inside does the difference become plain, and even those differences are minor in the grand scheme of things.  When I first heard of the universe these came from, I feared that there might be a more dangerous intelligence behind the similarity.  Your autopsy has done little to assuage those fears.

Please, could you examine the specimen's reproductive system in more detail?  Importantly, is it functional?  While a functional reproductive system wouldn't dispel the possibility that these creatures were intelligently designed, a nonfunctional reproductive system would prove it.

Finally, the last two subjects are needed in an experiment I am running.  However, one is simply a control which is unlikely to be necessary, so I suppose you are allowed to experiment with it on the condition that you try to avoid having any significant effect on the subject's mind.  Additionally, it will be roboticized and fitted with a braincase, which in theory should assist your efforts.

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2016, 02:42:42 am »

I'd like to suggest these universes, assuming they haven't yet been tested:
3, 5, 4
4, 3, 5
4, 5, 3
5, 3, 4
5, 4, 3

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 24, 2016, 07:02:17 am »

I'd like to suggest these universes, assuming they haven't yet been tested:
3, 5, 4
4, 3, 5
4, 5, 3
5, 3, 4
5, 4, 3
these have all been blocked, for reasons. Blacklisted, even.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 24, 2016, 09:02:35 am »

Quote from: Gus to: Duster Grew
Thanks boss. We're doing our best to maintain our humanity in here toughe times.

Did you specifically tell h. To kill those women? Because unless you did its not your fault. And I t's not just the killing that mothers me. It's Saint killing innocents for no good reason. This is differed than what we did, and you know it.

I'd take tug up on taut leave idae but I'm not sure if we should be resting while the world is ending. Priorities and all that. But thanks I'll keep it in midnight.

By the way, I found a universe that looks like it has huge thorns and things. You should take a look. I'm gone g to see if this place is all covered in this stuff, or if the probe just happened to land in a bush.

Pokey-verse (Brambleverse?): Send a probe to a location 50 meters higher than the previous probe on the z-axis. Continue sending probes to incrementally higher elevaions, until either we see something of interest or we find the exterior of the bush. If after 10 attempts, we don't see anything, send a probe to a location 50 km higher on the z axis and see what happens.

Time permitting, repeat this process for both the positive and negative directions on each axis.

Other: Find this ship's IT person, if such a person exists, and see if they can "fix" my datapad. If there isn't such a person aboard this ship, see if Hephaestus has something similar and send them the following message:

Quote from: Gus to: Tech people
Sorry to bother you but my data of has been acting weird lately. I keep seeing these red squiggles every tinge I go to type do you think somethings is wrong with my screen maybe ? Also I motived that sometimes it changes my words randomly for no good reason. If you could fix it or send me a new pad that would be great.

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 24, 2016, 09:43:02 am »

Ah, I could not find any of them on the wiki.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 24, 2016, 09:48:42 am »

Ah, I could not find any of them on the wiki.
If it forms a right triangle it's blocked to prevent the summoning of the lurker.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:20:08 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 24, 2016, 03:11:12 pm »

Quote from: Ryan to SS
I am quite interested in the reproduction cycle as well, considering they are all female. I hypothesize some degree of hermaphroditic qualities, but I am ready to be proven wrong.

I was hoping to keep them in their flesh suits for their own comfort, as it is easier to communicate when one side isn't screaming all the time, but I suppose I can make due.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 24, 2016, 05:22:48 pm »

Quote from: Dester to: Gus
You're a good man, General. I have looked at your thorny universe. Do not go into that thorn universe yourself. Only send unmanned probes, mkay? keep up the good work, my friend.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:32:03 pm by Ozarck »

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2016, 07:52:09 pm »

Quote from: spazyak link=topic=154156.msg6893156#msg6893156
If it forms a right triangle it's blocked to prevent the summoning of the lurker.
Oh, that's the relation? Interesting.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 24, 2016, 08:10:16 pm »

It's interesting that the spiders can be so smart while being so small. Are there any known xenos in our own universe that can get such high intelligence to size ratio?

If there are any deceased spiders around, it would be worth looking into their neural structure, to see if we could reproduce it for more compact wetware computers.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 25, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »

Begin pre-recording messages for use by the Mission 27 units. The 'flavor' of the speeches to be recorded should be "Stop rioting and feel bad about yourselves", "Please disregard our violence", "Come with us if you want to live", "Don't you fucking dare carry weapons or attack us" and "You can either stay here, in this doomed universe hoping we don't just nuke your sorry asses out of spite, or you can go through the portal (probably) live".
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 25, 2016, 09:23:56 pm »

((some one quick do 8,00,85 please
Ohh here I'll make a full list
Yes I am very immature.))
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:17:43 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 26, 2016, 11:35:18 am »

((Was gonna post this in this thread, but figured it might be better to keep it in an OOC thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145831.msg6897560#msg6897560
It is relevant to all m26 peeps, though for now mostly to Syv and Ozarck.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54