Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 54

Author Topic: Misson 26: You Monster  (Read 89237 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: Metaphorically jizzing all over the multiverse
« Reply #555 on: April 06, 2016, 06:59:57 pm »

The sapphire is not actually a sapphire, according to them. It's made with several compounds they're unfamiliar with, most of which seem artificial in their structure.
(("Them" being the scientists Gus had examine the sapphire before.))

I wanted to find out if further testing of the sapphire revealed any additional clues, or if the artificial nature was simply a construct of the gravity gradient in the Cavernverse.

If we haven't already collected information on the mineral deposits in cavern 2 of Cavernverse, send some harvesters to collect samples. Run the AI colony program with the added information of having those mineral deposits as resources.

Fungalverse: Send probes to various heights, starting at 100 meters and going up from there, to see how far up they can go before failing to return or being destroyed. record everything they see and experience, including atmospheric makeup further up. Send additional probes 100 miles in four directions from the original entry popint to see if the fungal forest extends that far in each direction. Also record whatever they find.

Edit: Spiders:send several probes to the spiderverse containing different types of organics:
a) several different swarms of insects
b) fish
c) large mammals
d) sods
e) robobodies (not organic, but still ...)
f) a mewling fleshmass
g) Haebi flesh
h) a sample of sharkmist, such as a sharksuit or a sharkmist vat (also not organic, I believe, but still ...)

Which of the above spawns spiders, which do not, and which, if any, fail to return (possibly due to having been eaten). are there any that act oddly, beyond what has already been observed?

Quote from: Dester to: ExtraUniversalExploration Team
I confess that I am at a bit of a standstill with communications with the spiders from spiderverse. they are intelligent and reasonable enough not to immediately eat or fight with sods who come into contact with them. I have no real further direction to go with testing them and have failed to discover a way in which we can be mutually beneficial. If anyone has any nonlethal suggestions, I am open to them. otherwise, I intend to return them to their home universe and let it be.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:51:42 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Misson 26: You Monster
« Reply #556 on: April 06, 2016, 07:26:48 pm »

((So, what files were sent to misson 27 people?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 06, 2016, 07:28:59 pm »

With no objections from Dester/Saint/Miya...

Can the Autocolonies self deploy? (No human interaction). If so send one a good distance away from the inhabited colony (Preferrably at least the distance of a once around earth), and have probes occasionally check in and monitor how it sets up and how well it functions after is it sets up.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 07, 2016, 02:47:31 am »

((the only ones I know of are the speeches Charles sent to calm refugees and attempt to straighten out some newbies.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 07, 2016, 06:39:12 am »

((the only ones I know of are the speeches Charles sent to calm refugees and attempt to straighten out some newbies.))
((Ah, okay. Wanted to know if there was anything else I could use to calm the civi's down))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 08, 2016, 06:44:50 pm »

Orgyverse:

1.You mentioned that the metallic moon's signal inhibits the formation of some 4th level proteins.  I'd like to have some of the corpses we've retrieved from that universe to be inspected--do they have any of those proteins?

2.Gentlefish sent two live male specimens to me.  Have them both contained in remote, shielded containment rooms.  One of them will continually be exposed to a replicated version of the above signal, while one will be left untouched.  I'll leave them there to examine the long-term effects.  Also get a few healthy human test subjects, and put them into a containment chamber with the weird signal.

3.The scoutship in orbit of the metallic moon noticed automated defensive systems.  Are they aiming at the probe?  If so, let the probe be shot, but transfer it back to our universe after the first couple hits.  ((EDIT: We should have enough reaction time to do this, because the scoutship is communicating through a QEC, which can be transferred in and out of that universe as fast as the EUE is capable.))  If it's not being aimed at, let it continue to orbit the moon, building a map of the defensive systems.

4.If the automated defense systems are inactive, the other two scoutships should continue orbiting towards the first scoutship.  If the turrets are active, keep them away from the moon.

5.Start sending small ships with military equipment into the orgyverse, temporarily.  Have them test our most important equipment--stuff like assaultsuits, MK.IIIs, hexsand, hexbug, sharkmist, blurad batteries, etc.  Broadly speaking, does most of our advanced tech work, or not?  Especially important is hexsand, as it allows us to make our warships nigh-invulnerable to conventional attack.

6.Is our current EUE large enough to send our large warships into alternate universes, or would we have to build smaller warships?  No, we don't have any specifications for what our warships are.

7....Uh, send a bunch of robosods (with human NPC supervisors) and equipment to the origin point of the orgyverse, and have them clean up the massacre as much as possible.  Once they're done, bring them back immediately.

Other stuff:
8.Ask the sods who were clinging to the probe why they were doing so.  Do not let them leave the containment room.

9.Start on the process to manufacture new EUEs, focusing on getting production of the smallest ones ready, first.  About when should we be able to assemble the first ones?  A couple of turns?

Spoiler: Communications (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 08, 2016, 07:46:21 pm »

((How are you going to time it so that the scout returns "after a few hits"? Nothing in that universe can send signals t othis one in real time, but must wait for our EUE to bring them back. We couldn't know when something is happening unless we had a rapid fire transferrance mechanism, where we repeatedly sent and returned probes to check the state of things - and that would have the shortcoming of having the margin of error of where it appears in that universe.))

Quote from: Dester to: Administrator Saint
Those are interesting questions. I wondered myself if returning the spiders to their homeverse would infect them. I suspect it wold not. We've only seen them infect rabbits so far, and the largest that came forth are roughly the size of a basketball. Note that they have not infected any of the creatures we sent into contact with them in this universe - only in their universe of origin.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 08, 2016, 11:24:07 pm »

((QEC.  No lag time, so it can be shifted in and out as fast as the EUE is capable.  I suppose I should specify that, though.))

Quote from:  Admin Steve Saint  to: BLOPS Lead Dester Gree
Ah, but isn't that exactly why we ask the questions?  Of course I have expectations about the result of such an experiment, but we cannot know the answer until we test our expectations.  If the spiders are infected by the universe which created them, that would show that they are a result of cross-contamination between the two universes, and not a true denizen of that universe.  The fact that the spiders themselves are not infectious lends support to that theory, I believe; if the infection was the method the spiders use for reproduction, they should have the capability to infect more beings.

This question is a mere curiosity, but any information can become useful.  Many of the greatest scientific innovations came about unintentionally, even here on Hephaestus.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 09, 2016, 12:02:01 am »

((the QEC works in one universe or the other, but the point I am making is - the EUE sends the probe, the probe is fired on, we have no way of knowing this happens until we pull that probe or the observing probe back to this universe. So we, what? We repeatedly send and return an observing probe? At what interval is that possible? is it possible within sufficient intervals to a)record the first firing of the automated defenses, then b) pull the probe which is fired on out of that universe? And again, if we are repeatedly sending and returning an observation probe, the uncertainty in tentry point means it might not land near enough to the other planet, or to the side facing our first probe, to record anything at all.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 09, 2016, 05:43:59 am »

((the QEC works in one universe or the other, but the point I am making is - the EUE sends the probe, the probe is fired on, we have no way of knowing this happens until we pull that probe or the observing probe back to this universe. So we, what? We repeatedly send and return an observing probe? At what interval is that possible? is it possible within sufficient intervals to a)record the first firing of the automated defenses, then b) pull the probe which is fired on out of that universe? And again, if we are repeatedly sending and returning an observation probe, the uncertainty in tentry point means it might not land near enough to the other planet, or to the side facing our first probe, to record anything at all.))

((I think what it does is has a pod with a QEC in it being rapidly teleported in and out of the universe so it goes like

1)QEC pod loads probe data
2)QEC transported by the EUE
3)QEC checks if it has instructions in ourverse and offloads probe data
4)QEC loads (if extant) and is transported back
5)If QEC got data from ourverse, it sends to the pod
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 09, 2016, 06:32:52 am »

((again, how does this solve the teleport uncertainty issue. and how frequently can it transport between universes?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 09, 2016, 06:38:21 am »

((I think teleporting is perfect if you teleport to that universe's 'origin'/standard teleport location, right? The deviation only being there when you teleport in away from (0,0,0). So place a QEC near the origin and you're good to go I think?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 09, 2016, 07:34:29 am »

((click. Got it. the teleport cool-down is still a concern, though))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 09, 2016, 10:24:52 am »

(7,7,49) - Send another phase 1 probe to the same location for half a second, and then bring it back. Have the camera feed examined. Have another probe do the same thing 1 mile higher on the z axis.

Brambleverse- Send another phase 1 probe to the same location, and fly it over to the location where the flower disappeared. Has it reappeared? Is there any sign of the flower, or has it simply vanished from existence?

Order another probe to be deployed repeatedly to a single location not far from where the flower disappeared. It should be deployed for 15 minute intervals, in between which the camera and sensor data should be returned and examined. Do this as many times as possible over a 24 hour period.

New universe probes (time permitting):
6,6,-36
-36,-36,-36

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 09, 2016, 10:38:39 am »

With no objections from Dester/Saint/Miya...

Can the Autocolonies self deploy? (No human interaction). If so send one a good distance away from the inhabited colony (Preferrably at least the distance of a once around earth), and have probes occasionally check in and monitor how it sets up and how well it functions after is it sets up.

((Yes they can, you can just load up the modules you think it'd need, transport and let it work all by itself if you want. You can even just let the AI decide on which modules to take if you load up that universe's known parameters.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 54