Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 193795 times)

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1770 on: May 13, 2017, 08:01:06 pm »

If someone could help, I would be very gratefull.

Could you guys give me some insights on what kind of changes do you make to the entity's raws in order to make Fortress Mode an unstopable machine of war (that is, I want to be attacked since the most low siege requirements and to have like 2-4 sieges in a year with different races attacking me)?

I've read 'Entity Token' in the Wiki and made some changes to reach that goal, I've changed the attack requirements for all races, made 3 different goblin tribes, 2 evil humans, 1 evil dwarves and 1 evil elves (added baby snatcher to all of them) but I haven't experienced that desired goal. What kind of changes have you guys already made in entity tokens that made enemies and war more common?

Thanks for the answer!

Just remember that with the newer travel changes it's possible that armies are spending their time traveling to siege forts that are closer than yours. Remember to embark close to your enemies to help encourage them to attack you. I find that smaller worlds help a lot with keeping enemies closer. Also, you might want to take a look at the fortress defense mod (here) to see how they've modified races to attack more consistently. Good luck!

Is it possible to have a reaction's products be randomly chosen among all metal ores (copper, silver, gold, etc...) ?
If not, how do I make the product a nugget, and not an already refined metal ? Would [PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:IRON:NONE] work, for example ?

It's not possible to choose randomly at this time without dfhack scripts. I believe you might need to define an Iron stone material first since it might be missing some tags. Try doing that if it doesn't work.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 13, 2017, 09:18:19 pm »

Is it possible to have a reaction's products be randomly chosen among all metal ores (copper, silver, gold, etc...) ?
If not, how do I make the product a nugget, and not an already refined metal ? Would [PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:IRON:NONE] work, for example ?

You can't make a random product without DFHack, and if by nugget you mean an ore that you then smelt into a bar, you want to use HEMATITE or LIMONITE for iron, and it would be BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:HEMATITE

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 13, 2017, 09:49:23 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to make meat not edible uncooked? The edible tags seem to do nothing in the RAWs since there is only EDIBLE_COOKED and EDIBLE_VERMIN by default, and yet dwarves can eat the meat uncooked. Removing the [MEAT] tag from the muscle material removes it from stockpiles, the embark screen, and I believe would also disallow it to be used for things like tamed carnivore creatures. Is there a possible script that can deal with this, or is this outside the scope of what's practically feasible in DF modding atm? Trying to do a complete cooking conversion by just removing [EDIBLE_RAW] from most things and adding it back in to reaction products. Thanks!

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 14, 2017, 07:21:34 am »

If you have a creature, with castes with significantly different sizes, do clothes that are made, still fit any of them ?

I'm thinking things like ant men, where castes are different sizes. Or creatures where some castes are quadrupeds and others are bipeds.

+ Attachments and other options
Would a helmet shaped for an ant man warrior, fit an ant man queen ? Even though they're different sized creatures ?
Clothes are species level - all castes of a certain species will be able to wear the same clothing even if they're massively different sizes.

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Trousers are a go !

Are they a pair of trousers ? or a quad of trousers ? No-one knows, until someone puts them on !
You know, that's a really good question. Do creatures wear different sets of clothes with different body forms for the same species?

Playing a game right now, which has drows and driders, the driders being creatures with the upper body of a drow, and the lower body of a spider.

Anyway, the Drider civilisation does not use lower body clothing.

However, driders that have been assimilated into the goblin culture, will arrive wearing trousers... and 8 socks and 8 boots.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 14, 2017, 10:52:21 am »

I'm making a desert civ, and I want them to be able to dig for sand, but not through stone. At first I thought of making a Shovel that can only dig through [IS_SAND_MATERIAL] but I don't think that's possible, so I'm wondering how to make it possible ? Can I make an interaction that allows them to get sand "boulders" from sandy ground, for example ?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 14, 2017, 12:38:11 pm »

I'm making a desert civ, and I want them to be able to dig for sand, but not through stone. At first I thought of making a Shovel that can only dig through [IS_SAND_MATERIAL] but I don't think that's possible, so I'm wondering how to make it possible ? Can I make an interaction that allows them to get sand "boulders" from sandy ground, for example ?

You can have them collect sand in bags, then use [GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT] or whatever it is in a boulder producing reaction.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 14, 2017, 12:44:32 pm »

Easy look at slade in vanilla DF compare it to regular stone, you should see what you need to stop digging it.  And I think removing soil tags andadding stone tags should make it produce boulders of sand but can't promise I'm not home to look at it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 14, 2017, 12:50:34 pm »

If you swap the tags then every race will have access to sand boulders, and no race will be able to get through stone.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 14, 2017, 02:19:35 pm »

You can have them collect sand in bags, then use [GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT] or whatever it is in a boulder producing reaction.

Well, if they can collect sand in bags, I don't need the boulders anymore. How would I do that ?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 14, 2017, 05:56:47 pm »

Well, if they can collect sand in bags, I don't need the boulders anymore. How would I do that ?

sand bagging is accomplished through the glass furnace...

If you swap the tags then every race will have access to sand boulders, and no race will be able to get through stone.

Yes its an issue with the option in MWDF that of the option is on in Kobolds, no other race will be able to dig it... If he wants to switch to a race that can dig it... he will have to use DFHack and script an edit to change the tags in memory... Its probably possible... but I don't think he wants to do that...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

DanielTDS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 15, 2017, 04:45:55 pm »

Could you guys give me some insights on what kind of changes do you make to the entity's raws in order to make Fortress Mode an unstopable machine of war (that is, I want to be attacked since the most low siege requirements and to have like 2-4 sieges in a year with different races attacking me)?

I've read 'Entity Token' in the Wiki and made some changes to reach that goal, I've changed the attack requirements for all races, made 3 different goblin tribes, 2 evil humans, 1 evil dwarves and 1 evil elves (added baby snatcher to all of them) but I haven't experienced that desired goal. What kind of changes have you guys already made in entity tokens that made enemies and war more common?

Thanks for the answer!

Try lowering the age to be adult, and doubling their birth rate.

Thanks for your suggestion! I haven't thought in doing that and it seems great.

Thanks for the answer!

Just remember that with the newer travel changes it's possible that armies are spending their time traveling to siege forts that are closer than yours. Remember to embark close to your enemies to help encourage them to attack you. I find that smaller worlds help a lot with keeping enemies closer. Also, you might want to take a look at the fortress defense mod (here) to see how they've modified races to attack more consistently. Good luck!

Your sugesstion is great! I definitely will try out this mod. Thanks a lot!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 16, 2017, 02:06:16 pm »

I am learning about reactions!

I want to use blood as a reagent. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to define a half barrel of blood as thing it looks for. How would one go about this? Would it be [REAGENT:B:50:BARREL:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:BLOOD]?

EDIT:
How much blood can a blood barrel bleed? Can it hold 30 or 100?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:19:23 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 16, 2017, 07:00:05 pm »

CONTAINS refers to a reagent ID, not some magical string. Also, you're asking for 50 barrels of blood.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 16, 2017, 07:20:20 pm »

Well that's not right at all, izzit.

So I would need to define reagent X as blood, then let it know that it needs the barrel full of reagent X, correct? I see lots of examples on the wiki on how to create reactions for things like metals, but not on things like this.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 16, 2017, 07:27:50 pm »

I am learning about reactions!

I want to use blood as a reagent. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to define a half barrel of blood as thing it looks for. How would one go about this? Would it be [REAGENT:B:50:BARREL:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:BLOOD]?

EDIT:
How much blood can a blood barrel bleed? Can it hold 30 or 100?

from one of the reactions in orcfortress...  not sure how much blood fits in a barrel, I know that I've never seen it drag more than one barrel to the shop that does this at a time.  Never worried about it... someone else may know more.
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:blood:150:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
  [REACTION_CLASS:IS_BLOOD]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:blood barrel:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[CONTAINS:blood]

modify the blood_template in material_template_default.txt
Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:CARMINE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen blood]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen blood]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:CARMINE]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:blood]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:blood]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:CARMINE]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling blood]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling blood]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[SPEC_HEAT:4181]
[IGNITE_POINT:10508]
[MELTING_POINT:10000]
[BOILING_POINT:10180]
[HEATDAM_POINT:10250]
[COLDDAM_POINT:9900]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:500]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:NONE]
[MOLAR_MASS:NONE]
[IMPACT_YIELD:10000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:10000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[TENSILE_YIELD:10000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:10000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[TORSION_YIELD:10000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:10000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[SHEAR_YIELD:6600] used high salinity ice
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:6600]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[BENDING_YIELD:10000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:10000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100]
[MAX_EDGE:500]
[ABSORPTION:100]
[IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL]
[ROTS]
[BLOOD_MAP_DESCRIPTOR]
[REACTION_CLASS:IS_BLOOD]
I believe you have to modify blood so you can check for the reaction_class.  and there you go...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 137