Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 195485 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1755 on: May 11, 2017, 01:14:55 am »

As far as I know it is not possible to make a plant have a growth that never grows. You could make a second plant that doesn't appear anywhere but that has the salad growth and then the reaction turns your plant into the salad growth of the other plant, but I believe you would have to have a separate reaction for each plant if you wanted different types of salads, or you could have all the different plants make the same salad with just a single reaction.

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 11, 2017, 06:14:04 am »

Looking through the vanilla plant RAWs, things have been pretty confusing so far. I'm aware of ways to make a single generic Salad, but I'm hopeful I can figure out a way to generalize it so I can create "turnip salad" and "carrot salad" from the same reaction solely based on using different source reagents. If I have to I'll stick to a generic food item, but gonna keep trying until it's proven not able to be done =)

Does anyone know a reaction that just takes something like wood or stone and spits out a PLANT_GROWTH leaf item?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 11, 2017, 08:00:55 am »

As far as I know it is not possible to make a plant have a growth that never grows. You could make a second plant that doesn't appear anywhere but that has the salad growth and then the reaction turns your plant into the salad growth of the other plant, but I believe you would have to have a separate reaction for each plant if you wanted different types of salads, or you could have all the different plants make the same salad with just a single reaction.

ahhh I thought the growth had already been formed on the plant... then you could make it appear like PLANT_GROWTH:FRUIT:....

Yeah I would go the fake plant route.... basically a completely edible plant, but no biomes no planting allowed*, forget to give it seeds, just that one growth.  and block it from being cooked... The only issue I see is that it wont be connected to the original... personally If I wanted salads to appear in food stores I'd just make a:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_CHEFS_SALAD]
[NAME:chef's salad]
[LEVEL:2]

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_CEASER_SALAD]
[NAME:ceaser salad]
[LEVEL:3]

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_AMOSTUBALIAN_SALAD]
[NAME:amostubalian salad]
[LEVEL:4]

and laugh as my dwarfs ate Amostubalian Salad made from the finest cuts of Forgotten Beast Meat stewed in Forgotten Beast Tallow covering a layer of the finest portabellos... or whatever the game comes up with as a description... (honestly I'd use a DFHack script to mod the description).

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 12:06:53 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 11, 2017, 10:41:02 am »

Looking through the vanilla plant RAWs, things have been pretty confusing so far. I'm aware of ways to make a single generic Salad, but I'm hopeful I can figure out a way to generalize it so I can create "turnip salad" and "carrot salad" from the same reaction solely based on using different source reagents. If I have to I'll stick to a generic food item, but gonna keep trying until it's proven not able to be done =)

Does anyone know a reaction that just takes something like wood or stone and spits out a PLANT_GROWTH leaf item?

Well I don't see why your PLANT_GROWTH product wouldn't work, unless it just isn't possible to create a PLANT_GROWTH that isn't defined in the raws somewhere. The only thing left to try would be to change your MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT into a REACTION_CLASS and change your product to PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:SALAD. Maybe PLANT_GROWTHs don't like the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT?

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 11, 2017, 12:14:03 pm »

I initially modded the food raw after realizing you can't pass syndromes through ingredients to the meals. Nothing like the chef making a batch of "Dog Tallow Surprise"!

I actually forgot about ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT, so I'm now using that to specify the exact custom plant for each vanilla plant while only using one reaction at the workshop.

So I'm just adding the following to Plump Helmets:
[ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:MAKES_SALAD:PLANT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP_SALAD:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP_SALAD:SALAD]
And then the following to Mango Fruits:
[ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:MAKES_SALAD:PLANT:MANGO_SALAD:PLANT_MAT:MANGO_SALAD:SALAD]
And the reaction contains the following:
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:MAKES_SALAD]
[UNROTTEN]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT:plant:MAKES_SALAD]

So far it's working!

Well I don't see why your PLANT_GROWTH product wouldn't work, unless it just isn't possible to create a PLANT_GROWTH that isn't defined in the raws somewhere. The only thing left to try would be to change your MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT into a REACTION_CLASS and change your product to PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:SALAD. Maybe PLANT_GROWTHs don't like the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT?
I have a feeling that's the case since the only way I could get it to work inside the vanilla plant RAW was to make a dummy growth that existed for a single tick on the plant. I think the game is creating a blank PLANT_GROWTH object and partially attaching the correct material, but it's somehow incomplete using my initial method. The blank products I got always had the correct edible tags and material colors but would never be stockpiled or eaten. I will try your REACTION_CLASS suggestion later today for science for sure

Thanks for the help everyone!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 11, 2017, 01:51:19 pm »

@Ryga:
I keep looking at it and the one thing I thought about, we are going the wrong way about it... I was looking at it over and over, and its just that its definitely not complete.  I was going through it and here's what I see.

spoiler blocked this because you responded while I was putting it together.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

but if you want to keep going the route your using now (ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT), I would suggest using 1 fake plant and putting all the growths there. less lines/less plant definitions. so in each plant you make a line that says:
[ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:MAKES_SALAD:PLANT:PLANT_SALAD:PLANT_MAT:PLANT_FAKEY:PLUMP_HELMET_SALAD]

you can pass syndromes through ingredients to meals created in the kitchen...
happens all the time if your using ZM5's Mossrovas.  Its done through this coding here:
        [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MUSCLE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
              [SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:terrifying hallucinations]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:MOSSROVA:ALL]
                        [SYN_INGESTED]
                        [CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:HORROR:SEV:1000:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:400:END:1300]
                        [CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:25:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:100:END:400]
                        [CE_ADD_TAG:TRANCES:START:100:END:1300]
                        [CE_NAUSEA:SEV:65:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:100:PEAK:400:END:800]
                        [CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:RAGE:SEV:1000:PROB:100:START:400:PEAK:700:END:1300]
                        [CE_CHANGE_PERSONALITY:FACET:ANGER_PROPENSITY:100:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:400:PEAK:600:END:1300]
                        [CE_ADD_TAG:CRAZED:START:400:END:1300]

eating the meat raw, or cooked into a meal doesn't matter.  the meat is considered a part of the meal and the meal will cause the syndrome.  I had several insane parties because of a hunter dropping a mossrova while I wasn't paying attention. 
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 11, 2017, 06:01:39 pm »

Are you talking about normal ingested or prepared meals? Afaik ingested syndromes don't get passed to prepared meals which was my original intent. I would only have to swap a few material lines in the plant definitions if that were the case. Or at least that's what I was informed prior to version 43.

but if you want to keep going the route your using now (ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT), I would suggest using 1 fake plant and putting all the growths there. less lines/less plant definitions. so in each plant you make a line that says:
[ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:MAKES_SALAD:PLANT:PLANT_SALAD:PLANT_MAT:PLANT_FAKEY:PLUMP_HELMET_SALAD]

Good point, I'll probably end up reworking it to operate that way when I do more than the plant_standard RAWs pass =)

Qev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 11, 2017, 10:04:58 pm »

Can custom reactions be made to access the advanced 'details' that apply to some of the default ones?  Eg. can a custom reaction that produces a clothing item access the options to choose the race the clothing item is sized for?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 11, 2017, 10:48:28 pm »

Hey, is it possible to have certain body parts only appear rarely during butchery? Or will I have to make tons and tons of different castes for a creature to say, drop a Rathalos Ruby instead of another Rathalos Talon?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 12, 2017, 12:35:11 am »

Hey, is it possible to have certain body parts only appear rarely during butchery? Or will I have to make tons and tons of different castes for a creature to say, drop a Rathalos Ruby instead of another Rathalos Talon?

You just make a second caste with the Ruby drop and give it a much lower frequency than the other one. Away from computer so can't remember exactly the command, but you'll only have to make one extra caste :)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 12, 2017, 02:00:58 pm »

You just make a second caste with the Ruby drop and give it a much lower frequency than the other one. Away from computer so can't remember exactly the command, but you'll only have to make one extra caste :)

Ah so I will have to go that route, ohwell. What I'm looking to do is add a bunch of monsters, copied from Monster Hunter universe, and add inorganic materials based on their race, say great jaggi stuff is equal to copper, rathalos and rathian bronze, lagiacrus steel, etc, and use those inorganics to add extra butchery objects that you can get after killing them, to make equipment out of in adventure mode. Nothings stopping you from just grabbing equipment from a mead hall like normal, but still it'd be cool to hunt things to make equipment.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

DanielTDS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 12, 2017, 03:40:06 pm »

If someone could help, I would be very gratefull.

Could you guys give me some insights on what kind of changes do you make to the entity's raws in order to make Fortress Mode an unstopable machine of war (that is, I want to be attacked since the most low siege requirements and to have like 2-4 sieges in a year with different races attacking me)?

I've read 'Entity Token' in the Wiki and made some changes to reach that goal, I've changed the attack requirements for all races, made 3 different goblin tribes, 2 evil humans, 1 evil dwarves and 1 evil elves (added baby snatcher to all of them) but I haven't experienced that desired goal. What kind of changes have you guys already made in entity tokens that made enemies and war more common?

Thanks for the answer!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 12, 2017, 03:51:44 pm »

If someone could help, I would be very gratefull.

Could you guys give me some insights on what kind of changes do you make to the entity's raws in order to make Fortress Mode an unstopable machine of war (that is, I want to be attacked since the most low siege requirements and to have like 2-4 sieges in a year with different races attacking me)?

I've read 'Entity Token' in the Wiki and made some changes to reach that goal, I've changed the attack requirements for all races, made 3 different goblin tribes, 2 evil humans, 1 evil dwarves and 1 evil elves (added baby snatcher to all of them) but I haven't experienced that desired goal. What kind of changes have you guys already made in entity tokens that made enemies and war more common?

Thanks for the answer!

Try lowering the age to be adult, and doubling their birth rate.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 13, 2017, 08:58:07 am »

Is it possible to have a reaction's products be randomly chosen among all metal ores (copper, silver, gold, etc...) ?
If not, how do I make the product a nugget, and not an already refined metal ? Would [PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:IRON:NONE] work, for example ?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 13, 2017, 07:27:24 pm »

@Marksdorf
Go on the wiki and look up 'reaction classes', that should solve your problem. It's at the bottom of the reaction page.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 137