Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Roll to become the legend: turn 29: soiled chainmail and a voice in the air  (Read 27590 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 22: birds, nomads, exposition
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2016, 07:52:43 pm »

"Trying to return a man to his home country. This looked like the fastest safe route. What exactly is going on in those ruins?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2016, 08:13:56 pm »

Hmm... let me figure out what I want to do.
((take your time. Also, I realize it may have sounded a bit harsh. You're totally free to just go to random villages. I just don't want you to get frustrated because I keep throwing random stuff your way when you actually have a clear goal in mind))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2016, 10:38:16 pm »

((No goal yet. Might wanna meet up with the other players. Question, do you have a metaplot in mind? I'd gladly follow one if you do :). ))
((not really a metaplot per se, but things are afoot behind the scenes. I hear desert priests, the empire and the great wilderness are interesting this time of year. The first two have potential world ending outcomes, if yall play your cards badly.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2016, 10:05:01 am »

((The... empire? Is that where I used to be heading? Hmm...))
((Yup. North beyond the mountains, or East beyond the great swamp. I believe you opted for North before you got sidetracked by big bird))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2016, 05:24:01 pm »

Divine what this evil actually is.

"Why hasn't the evil corrupted the denizens of this forest?"

Divine if she is trying to mislead me (again).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2016, 11:04:00 am »

”Right then. I see. Well, I am delighted to have met you, Lady, but it seems I must travel on if I am to achieve anything in this new world. If you ever do need me, and can reach me, it would be my pleasure to serve you however I may.

I wonder, might you call upon my some kind of blessing for my travels?”

Unless any particular invite is forthcoming, I guess I will head back to the village, seek out either the woman or the blacksmith I previously spoke to (to find somewhere to sleep for the night), and ask where the soldiers who were terrorising the village when I first arrived came from. Then (again, if nothing is particularly forthcoming to suggest I do otherwise) I will get a couple of day’s food and water and head in that direction.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2016, 11:49:09 am »

”Right then. I see. Well, I am delighted to have met you, Lady, but it seems I must travel on if I am to achieve anything in this new world. If you ever do need me, and can reach me, it would be my pleasure to serve you however I may.

Unless any particular invite is forthcoming, I guess I will head back to the village, seek out either the woman or the blacksmith I previously spoke to (to find somewhere to sleep for the night), and ask where the soldiers who were terrorising the village when I first arrived came from. Then (again, if nothing is particularly forthcoming to suggest I do otherwise) I will get a couple of day’s food and water and head in that direction.
If the woman is in fact benign:

"Do you mind if I follow you out?"

Tell Nik'Nak what I learned from the Edhassian's skeleton on the way out.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2016, 02:02:08 pm »

Ptw
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2016, 04:57:45 am »

”No, not at all…”

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to become the legend: turn 23: blessings, curses and friendly nomads.
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2016, 05:29:13 pm »

"Trying to return a man to his home country. This looked like the fastest safe route. What exactly is going on in those ruins?"
The nomad nods "Home important, wise to know this. Gentle of heart, helping man back home."
He looks at the structure, then back to you. "Elder performing rites. Talking to Kr'chl. Listening to old song."
He pauses for a moment, thinking. "Can't let inside. Holy. But, want see ruins outside?"

The lady smiles and places her hands on the side of your head, whispering some strange chant. When you close your eyes, you see a vision of yourslef on some sort of platform high in the sky above the forest. The platform shifts, pointing you to the south.

"Shaman. Born under a certain star in a land far from here. In the sands of the south, men's hearts are growing uneasy. They seek to upset the ancient balance of life itself." The platform turns, pointing you to the northeast. "In the northeast, the selfish hearts of man have spawned something unnatural. Their selfishness may may envelop these lands." The platform then goes up, and up, above the clouds. Soon you find yourself staring into the face of a woman carved out stone, with plants growing all around it. The platform is a giant stone hand. "The power of the gods is waning in these lands, shaman, our influence is not what it once was. Will you not help maintain the balance? Whatever you decide, walk with my blessing. As you are part of nature, so will it be part of you."

You open your eyes again and the lady takes her hands from your head, smiling.

Gained perk: blessing of the earthmother: You have gained the element of earth and water for your spells.
Divine what this evil actually is.

"Why hasn't the evil corrupted the denizens of this forest?"

Divine if she is trying to mislead me (again).
"Because it is trapped within the tree. As long as it is there, it's power cannot reach our world."

Divining evil: [3] It's pretty evil. Gives you the willies.
Divining the lady's intentions again, you paranoid wizard you: [1]

Someone taps your shoulder, and as you turn around Death plunges his hand into your chest. He pulls it back out, holding a bright blue spectral globe. You feel weaker, somehow.

"HOW I LOATHE WIZARDS. THEY ALWAYS STICK THEIR NOSES WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG."

He crushes the blue sphere, and what is left of your skin and flesh disintegrates as if the many years that it was preserved by the magic that turned you into a lich just caught up with it all at once. You are left as just a skeleton in a robe.

"A SUGGESTION. STOP BOTHERING THE WEAVESS. IT ANNOYS ME."

And just like that, he's gone.

Head to the nearest village and load up on supplies (food, camping equipment). Especially meat. Enough for... 2~3 months I'd say? 4 to be on the safe side. Buy a horse as well if I can. Then head north.
You spend the rest of your silver doing just that. You get up on your horse, putting the bird snugly in one of the saddlebags where it immediatly curls up and goes to sleep. With the amount of supplies you've got you don't even need to really stop in the capital. You set off onto the long road north.

~time skip because screw that noise~

Two weeks later you arrive at the northern edge of the country. The mountains seem to go on forever, their jagged peaks rising high into the sky. The signs along the road point to two directions. One is a mountain path leading up to the village of Dunblane. The second sign as a weird one. It's made out of bronze and stamped with weird symbols. A small wooden sign is placed underneath, translating it to "dwarven pass Dur'mod".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:37:32 am by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2016, 05:45:16 pm »

Huh. Severly overestimated the amount of supplies I needed. XD
((Well, at least you won't have to buy any for the foreseeable future. Or you could sell them again, if you need the cash.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2016, 06:24:57 pm »

Darius would shrug briefly.
"As long as you're fine with it. May I ask about this.. Kr'chl?"
He would let the nomad guide him around the ruins and listen carefully to what the nomad has to say.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2016, 06:55:28 pm »

Internally meditate to find out what Death stole (was it just time?).

"I vote for going Northeast. Any objections?"

"Where in the northeast is the danger?"

Teleport Nik'Nak, PK, and myself to the location that the woman specifies.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2016, 04:58:59 pm »

"I don't know what the North East signifies in this land, but it can't be worse than 'the sands of the South'. I am at home in all lands, but the colder the better... Let us set forth for the North East.

Thank you, Lady. I hope we shall meet again."

Do not resist, but be surprised at being teleported. Although stranger things have happened recently.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2016, 09:08:59 pm »

By the way, it's "WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG.", not "WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG.".
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14