Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 274908 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #2010 on: March 11, 2017, 10:33:44 pm »

Done and done, posting in the character sheet now. Assuming that this is the 'on-ship thread' of sorts, how would I be introduced into the place?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 11, 2017, 10:37:14 pm »

Done and done, posting in the character sheet now. Assuming that this is the 'on-ship thread' of sorts, how would I be introduced into the place?
Probably thrown out of a cart.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 11, 2017, 11:01:58 pm »

I'll introduce you next turn. Probably in the evening tomorrow.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 11, 2017, 11:05:53 pm »

Bueno!

*vibrates murderingly*
Sig! Onol

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: March 11, 2017, 11:31:17 pm »

Bueno!

*vibrates murderingly*
giggity
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: March 12, 2017, 12:00:54 am »

Ah, heck with it, I'll do the turn now.

"From experience, usual something I've hunted or defeated in battle....As for the blood of children....I wouldn't know, my tribe does not sacrifice the young and inferm."
"Ah. A demoon with a sense of honor, perhaps? More of a lawful evil then, or lawful neutral. I wonder.... Well, Take heart there fella, rumor has it, the Brass is prepping to send some of us out again. No rest for the wicked, and all that." The old man cackles at this. It takes him a minute to settle down. "So, lad, have you some question for me?"

I answer their questions in the most pompous way, highlighting my own excellence and uniqueness. After this I'm looking for the biggest room. If all rooms are the same size which I kind of expect, I look for the one with the nicest view. If all views are kinda the same, I'l look for the closest available room to the restrooms.
The largest you can find is down a longish corridor, along a bit of a rubble strewn ledge, and into a darkened hole. No view there, but plenty of space. You'd have to bring in light sources and other amenities - the re isn't even a cot, unlike most rooms. there are a few open rooms overlooking the canyon proper, but they tend to be a bit on the smaller side - not cramped, but not spacious. At least tehy are generally closer to teh action and attention, so your status would be more likely to show there than in the fortress of solitude.

Clunkers foregoes repairs for now and directly goes to the Omega Legion superior officer for the caves mission to give his report.

"Weary statement: Designation Clunkers, here to report on the cave search and rescue mission.

This one and the party made their way to the UnderElf stockade and established contact with them. We then ventured into the cave system. It should be noted that Legionnaire Thrips spend the entire time with the cart at the starting point. This one supposes he 'protected' the cart, but ultimately he did not aid in the mission. Anyway, we made our way deeper into the caves, following the guidestones. At some point, we were stopped by a skeleton. The skeleton took us into an elevator, which brought us to some kind of platform underwater. As most of the team had to scramble not to drown, this one and Zylo did battle with a giant crab. The crab did much damage to this one and the team. We lost one legionnaire, Nip Nop or whatever.

After the bottom feeding pest was dealt with, the skeleton deposited the remaining members of the team into a cursed vault. We looted some objects, then left. In the tunnel ahead, we were attacked by strange spiders. All present members fought well, though it was Fiddler Organic who truly decided the outcome. Afterwards we ventured forth and found the source of the dwarven dissapearance. They were stuck in a room with carved heads that screamed. The screams carried some kind of magical effects. Fiddler Organic was unfortunately affected badly, and perished. This one managed to shut down the effects for a while. In the lull, we freed three UnderDwarves and put down one who was too far gone. We then returned to the UnderElf Stockade and delivered the UnderDwarves.

This one also drew up a form for the cost of the expidition, and got both the UnderDwarves and UnderElves to sign it in triplicate. This is your copy.

Additional info: This one managed to bring back the corpse of Fiddler Organic, and wishes that he recieves a decent burial, at the very least.

Requests: This one has several requests for compensation of this mission. One, this one would like to finally claim a room of its own in the legion base."

Clunkers scratches the demolished part of its head with its one remaining arm

"Second, as you can see, this one will require extensive repairs by the gnomes. This one also requests that the gnomes do some alterations to this one's inner workings. This one's drone bay was damaged, and this one would like to replace it with something else.

Thirdly, this one feels that with the amount of succesful missions under its belt, some kind of promotion might be in order.

Query: Do you require additional information? If so, you will need to write it down as this one's auditory sensors were burned out during this one's battle with the screaming magic. Honestly, this one is unsure if this one possesses a part that is not damaged at this point."

TL:DR
-3 Dwarves saved, 1 Dwarf put out of its misery, payment form signed by all parties involved in triplicate
-Squad performance: Clunkers: A+, Fiddler: A+ dead, Nip Nop: Ded, Thrips: F- lets make it a D- since he didn't actually hinder the mission either, Giglam: A-,  Zylo: A-
-Clunkers requests: Fiddler burial, own room, promotion, extensive repairs by gnomes and replacement of drone bay with someting else, probably going to harass the quartermaster for more single-use totems at a later date too.

If officer want additional info, write it down because Clunkers is still deaf.

the officer reads the document you've prepared rather carefully, noting the Dwarf's mark, and making some comments on the wording. He seems satisfied overall.
"Burial, hmm? Yes, I suppose that is not out of the question. Tell me, Clunkers ... ah, right, deaf." He turns his head and speaks to someone. after a moment a page comes with a sheaf of paper and a pen. the officer writes, and shows you "What do you know of Fiddler's traditions concerning burial? Would he have preferred to be buried in his homeland? Cremated? fed to the wildlife?"
another sheet: "The gnomes have a vested interest in you. they have made a room available near their workshops. Be warned, they expect some measure of access to you as a result, and they are requesting to have several machines kept permanently in that room .. .testing or tinkering. if this is unsatisfactory, a room can be assigned to you."
another sheet "You are granted the rank of Sergeant in the Grey Squad. You will have certain responsibilities as well as certain privileges associated. the wellbeing of the beings under your command will fall more heavily on your shoulders, for instance. as for privileges: you will be able to requisition supplies, select auxilliary crew for some missions, and select some objectives, within boundaries, for your team, as long as nothing more pressing needs your attention (that is, if there are no missions, Clunkers can say "I'd like to [do this thing or steal that thing or kill that being]" and he can be sent off with a group to do it.

Let Chunkers do the report and head to the quartermasters to get a proper knife then find an alchemist and see if they have any thing that would be useful if slapped in a eggshell and thrown at people

Also I put 5 points into speed and 5 points into sharp weapons
sheet updated on my spreadsheet. go ahead and change those stats on your character sheet. Both go from 0 to 1. As for the knife, yo uwant a long knife, one with a twelve inch blade, or something else? and as for the "stuffed in an eggshell and thown at people: well, the alchemist laughs in your face and waves his hands dramatically around the shop. "What in here isn't useful used like that? Don't answer, that was rhetorical. You'll have to be more specific,Chumbreath."

"...Well, anyhoo, it was nice to talking with you, sproingler. Do keep in touching me in the future."

Pas'qet excuses himself, satisfied with his own grasp of small talk.
"I do not intend to touch you, if it can be avoided. Farewell, or as well as one can in the Legion."

Bueno!

*vibrates murderingly*
It's been an unkown amount of time, you, sitting in the dark, completely immobilized by some thick, hardened substance that they poured on you after placing you into this crate. You've been moved about, jostled, left idle, and dropped at least three times. Nothing has happened for a while but now ...

you hear the crate being pried away from the material encasing you - how cold you not? the sound resonates through the concrete-like goop. After a few moments, you hear voices, distorted and unrecognizable, but voices certainly. And then you feel a pounding driving down on you. The hell? are they trying to smash you? This goes on, and your head begins to hurt. Your iron body rings wit hevery blow, causing you to ache in ways unexpected. It does little for your mood. Well, it makes it worse, anyway. The hard, sharp blows are eventually replaced with a lighter blow and some scraping. You feel the top of your head exposed, and the harder blows return, but not directly on you. for a while, the harder blows alternate with the softer and the scraping, until at last, your face is exposed and you see an eye. It's about as ufgly as an eye could get, all veins, bloodshot, and filled with lumps and discolorations. It extrudes from the ... head, you guess ... of some conical being sitting several feet away. as large, grey hands continue to dig the purple stuff away from your body, and a pick and soemthing like a wire brush are used by an unseen being to clear the remnants.

"It is awake."
"It's been awake the whole trip. It isn't organic."
"It has a period of dormancy. It is in it's active cycle."
"Being styling itself 'Gak the Ganker,' do you know where you are?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 12, 2017, 12:47:35 am »

"I think you've answered mine...if you can help me and if I could study more under you in the future...I would enjoy that...odd to think there'd be any place so filled with those similar to me in any such way."

Figure out where I need to go for the mission
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 02:57:51 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: March 12, 2017, 01:13:09 am »

Take the 12 inch dagger and reply to the alchemist with a sharklike grin

Alright how about something that bursts into flame on impact and something that melts faces

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 12, 2017, 01:16:35 am »

Gakh'xabnkkvn's head cricks left and right in an abrupt fashion before turning to look at the conical being.

"Kay party hat, so first of all my name's not grakkin' Gak the Ganker, it's mukkrat-fucking Gakh'xabnkkvn the Ganker and I'll appreciate you to remember it. Correct pronunciation please, it's courteous dontcha know. To answer your question, no fucking idea cap'n, please do enlighten me, won't ya?"

((As an aside, I'm already beginning to construct a secondary character for if Gakky here bites it. Aaaaaand here he is, for your consideration, Ozarck.))

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:05:11 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 12, 2017, 04:54:09 am »

((I'm really sorry ozarck for my absense in the other thread my notifications haven't been going off.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 12, 2017, 06:10:03 am »

((I'm really sorry ozarck for my absense in the other thread my notifications haven't been going off.))
thanks for letting me know, ATH. I was worried you had given up on Noir after all, or just felt that there wasn't much for her to do except wait. Well, to be honest, that last bit is kinda true, though there's always something, I think.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 12, 2017, 10:34:03 am »

Clunkers shrugs with his one arm

"Reply: This one does not know what Fiddler Organic would have preferred. He was of the Munchkin race, and that is all this one knows. You could look up what Munchkins believe in. Or send Fiddler off by blowing him to bits on a huge pile of explosives. This one believes Fiddler Organic might appreciate that, but this one is unclear on what Organics do and don't like at the best of times.

Cautious reply: This one is willing to bunk up with the gnomes and let them acces this one. There is one caveat however: this one wants to know exactly what they intend to do, and requires a right to veto procedures this one does not like. Other than that, this one is more than pleased to work with the gnomes. "

Clunker's remaining eye dims, his version of narrowing his eyes

"Query: Before you officially give me that rank, exactly how heavily will the wellbeing of those under my command weigh? Because, as this mission demonstrated, the death of some of these organics really is an inevitability. Kind of like taxes, only you don't really lose anything of value."

Converse

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 12, 2017, 01:33:37 pm »

Are there two available rooms with a nice view next to each? Otherwise I choose one of them and wander around the hallways looking for a guard or commander or something. When I find one I ask for a sledgehammer and proclaim that I'm gonna make one big glorious room that better suits my own gloriousness. If not I pick the nicest room.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: March 15, 2017, 10:54:46 am »

+5 points str and 5 points in magic
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 15, 2017, 03:23:58 pm »

"I think you've answered mine...if you can help me and if I could study more under you in the future...I would enjoy that...odd to think there'd be any place so filled with those similar to me in any such way."

Figure out where I need to go for the mission
The next mission isn't quite ready yet. But yo uare directed to a notice board in teh cafeteria and a meeting hall up a winding hallway from there. The meeting hall is where the briefing will take place. Rumors suggest a violent mission ahead.

Take the 12 inch dagger and reply to the alchemist with a sharklike grin

Alright how about something that bursts into flame on impact and something that melts faces
Sure, sure. you'll want to handle these with care, though. Don't want them bursting on you and eating your own burning face away, eh? You receive four sort of coconut like things. "the outer shell is hard, but brittle. It's sturdy enough for regular activity, but a fall or an impact from a weapon will shatter it. inside is a membrane designed to keep the concoctions stable and ready for use. the string there" He points out a small loop of string sticking out one 'end' of the coconut, "Is the primer. Pull that to cause the chemical reaction inside, then throw. generally speaking, the reaction won;t happen unless the string is pulled - hard enough to snap the trigger inside! - but, again, there is the possibility that when the shell breaks, the reaction might trigger. The Two red lined ones are flammables, the two yellow lined are acids."

Gakh'xabnkkvn's head cricks left and right in an abrupt fashion before turning to look at the conical being.

"Kay party hat, so first of all my name's not grakkin' Gak the Ganker, it's mukkrat-fucking Gakh'xabnkkvn the Ganker and I'll appreciate you to remember it. Correct pronunciation please, it's courteous dontcha know. To answer your question, no fucking idea cap'n, please do enlighten me, won't ya?"

((As an aside, I'm already beginning to construct a secondary character for if Gakky here bites it. Aaaaaand here he is, for your consideration, Ozarck.))

"Very well, Mr Muskrat Fucker. We will remember the name Gakh'xabnkkvn the Ganker (at which pronunciation, you feel a sudden compulsion to listen to the speaker carefully - and note that it is not the party hat that is speaking, but one of the unseen members of your welcoming commitee) So, Ratty, You are at the Omega legion Base. You have been Branded to the service of Her Majesty the Queen. Oh, you can fight against that, if you want. But you know the drill by now, I am sure. You've been summoned before, no? Well, anyway, Skrat, we'll be sending you on mission before long, so take some time to get yto know your fellow inmates. They too are bonded to the Service, so beware. Any questions?

((second character is approved for use when this one is retired, dead, or stored away for later.))

Clunkers shrugs with his one arm

"Reply: This one does not know what Fiddler Organic would have preferred. He was of the Munchkin race, and that is all this one knows. You could look up what Munchkins believe in. Or send Fiddler off by blowing him to bits on a huge pile of explosives. This one believes Fiddler Organic might appreciate that, but this one is unclear on what Organics do and don't like at the best of times.

Cautious reply: This one is willing to bunk up with the gnomes and let them acces this one. There is one caveat however: this one wants to know exactly what they intend to do, and requires a right to veto procedures this one does not like. Other than that, this one is more than pleased to work with the gnomes. "

Clunker's remaining eye dims, his version of narrowing his eyes

"Query: Before you officially give me that rank, exactly how heavily will the wellbeing of those under my command weigh? Because, as this mission demonstrated, the death of some of these organics really is an inevitability. Kind of like taxes, only you don't really lose anything of value."

Converse
"Are you unsatisfied with the work the Gnomes have done for you so far? For them, it's the passion for invention, for tinkering, for testing that drives. They will most likely use you as a test subject for many of their innovations. And unless otherwise stated by the Brass, you will be free to deny any given experiment. However, an occasional procedure may be deemed necessary by those above. You can appeal those, but the final decision will not be yours. Oh, and the gnomes - you'll understand that their schedule is errratic, at best. You are entitled to some personal time as you see fit. You'll have to make those times clear in no uncertain terms, likely enough. But do try to cooperate - from the looks of you, yo uare still functioning thanks to those fellas. Wonders never cease, as much as they blow themselves up, they do produce some good work."

"We'll do a funeral pyre for Fiddler, then. It's not the most common method for them, but it does seem fitting."

"Well, you will be expected to do due dilligence with your crew. Neither send them needlessly to their deaths, nor allow them, through negligence, to get themselves pointlessly killed. Within reason. Your will does not override theirs - you can issue orders, but they are not compelled to obey. But if they disregard a warning, their blood is on their heads. Clunkers, all officers of any military must make life and death decisions - it's our lot. But we of the Legion are bound to our Service. If we rebel against that service - the Legion knows. But if we strive to act honorably toward Queen and Service, well, the Legion knows that as well."

Are there two available rooms with a nice view next to each? Otherwise I choose one of them and wander around the hallways looking for a guard or commander or something. When I find one I ask for a sledgehammer and proclaim that I'm gonna make one big glorious room that better suits my own gloriousness. If not I pick the nicest room.
You don't find two rooms together, so you take a decent room overlooking a corner of the canyon from about twenty-five feet up the cliff. There's a smaller one located about fifty fet up that is open if you prefer height to size. It is still reasonably spacious, for this place.

+5 points str and 5 points in magic
Noted in my spreadsheet. that brings strength up to +1. You still need uh ... 10 more in magic to get to +3
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 194