Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008298 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #480 on: January 25, 2016, 02:24:48 pm »

They were wristbands, not armbands, and are being replaced with photo ID.

Honestly we're at the point now where you can give someone food, housing and residency at your expense and be called a nazi for it. There's just no ing gratitude these days, brb I'm Syrianing into Germany to be oppressed lol

Finland too cold and boring for refugees fleeing warmth and boredom

dude Finns LMAO

Also interestingly is a Dutch town was due to have 1,500 immigrants put there becuz, the Dutch people said no pls and the Dutch politicians were all yes pls so the Dutch people just attacked the bureaucrats and now no immigrants very opposite of quite tolerancy

Rivers of blood, who's gonna live, the Earth is tired of human kind and I think this world, is gonna wash up in hell

Also in news that has fuck all to do with immigrants flooding my news channels, North sea gas firms need help to stay afloat (financially, not literally they don't actually float) amidst Saudi Salman slapping

FRANCE IN ECONOMIC EMERGENCY, EVERYBODY STAY CALM AND GRAB YOUR GUILLOTINES, BUY YOUR KEBABGUETTES BEFORE THEY COST A BRILLION EUROMONEY

Fallout from Germoney having a lack of Germoney

Reminder to stay calm because death will be swift

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 25, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »

Also interestingly is a Dutch town was due to have 1,500 immigrants put there becuz, the Dutch people said no pls and the Dutch politicians were all yes pls so the Dutch people just attacked the bureaucrats and now no immigrants very opposite of quite tolerancy
Police posted pictures of the rioters online, and on tv, with blurred out faces. They are giving any rioter an ultimatum of a few days to turn themselves in, or their faces will be broadcast around the country without blurring. So far, a handful of rioters have turned themselves in to the police.
The matter is being taken quite seriously by the police.

But yeah, the decision of Geldermalsen council to cancel the refugee center after the riots was very, very stupid. I'm sure there's some hard slapping on wrists with wooden canes being done now by their political seniors. It's indeed very un-Dutch to give in to some hooligans like that.

Part of the problem is that our government isn't only housing refugees in big towns or cities, they also stupidly keep picking smaller communities, and place a mega refugee center there which houses more refugees than there are local inhabitants. That overwhelms people and heats up sentiments. Add to that the organising of flashmobs to join in on any protests through social media, by non local extreme-right groups, and you have a recipe for riots.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #482 on: January 25, 2016, 03:22:52 pm »

Weren't hooligans, was loads of em, oldies and women too

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 25, 2016, 03:25:35 pm »

dude Finns LMAO
"The gak is expensive, the beer tastes bad, and the nearest affordable hookers are in Tallinn, for Allah's sake! This isn't a country for a proper Muslim! Fuck you guys, I'm going to Mexico."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 25, 2016, 06:12:55 pm »

...could we just send them to Mexico? I mean, what would happen as a result?

They'd probably get murdered by the Cartels.....

Not to mention the GOP having a panic fit....

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 25, 2016, 09:54:40 pm »

Someone suggest that to Trump, quick! Phrase it as using our enemies (ISIS) to destroy our enemies (cartels).  :P

e:
"I haven't seen any disturbances, but I don't know why they come here when even our own people leave this town," Matti Alaviuhkola said at his shoe repair shop on the main street.

Finnish costume quality a perfect 5/7.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:58:38 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 25, 2016, 10:03:30 pm »

They were wristbands, not armbands, and are being replaced with photo ID.

Honestly we're at the point now where you can give someone food, housing and residency at your expense and be called a nazi for it. There's just no ing gratitude these days, brb I'm Syrianing into Germany to be oppressed lol

dude Finns LMAO

Rivers of blood, who's gonna live, the Earth is tired of human kind and I think this world, is gonna wash up in hell

Also in news that has fuck all to do with immigrants flooding my news channels, North sea gas firms need help to stay afloat (financially, not literally they don't actually float) amidst Saudi Salman slapping

FRANCE IN ECONOMIC EMERGENCY, EVERYBODY STAY CALM AND GRAB YOUR GUILLOTINES, BUY YOUR KEBABGUETTES BEFORE THEY COST A BRILLION EUROMONEY

Fallout from Germoney having a lack of Germoney

Reminder to stay calm because death will be swift

I'm not that good at shitposting, but I'll try.

*spooky voice*

Doom! DOOOOOOOOOM! DOOM I SAY!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 25, 2016, 10:07:58 pm »

we're all gonna die

everybody panic

or as I said before

Everybody flail your arms about and panic!

Ok.

*Flails arms*
*Takes deep breath*
*Opens mouth*
Spoiler: Warning: Wall of PANIC (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 26, 2016, 02:59:41 am »

DON'T PANIC

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 26, 2016, 05:03:23 am »

A 22 year old woman who worked at a refugee center for unaccompanied minors between ages of 14 and 17,  was stabbed to death in Sweden.
A 15 year old refugee from Libanon has been arrested. Police cannot make any statements yet about what happened.
The Swedish prime minister called it a 'terrible crime', and spoke of the fear amongst Swedes that these things will happen again.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35406072

Dunno, 10 years ago prime ministers would be more careful with statements. They'd say something like 'a terrible tragedy', keeping the possibility open that the kid might have stabbed in self defense, or anger about sexual abuse. Basically the prime minister is breaking the law, because a person is innocent until convicted. He shouldn't call it a crime before a judge has done so.

And before someone calls me a terrorist murderer apologist, the only thing I defend here is the Constitutional State, from threats foreign and domestic.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:08:29 am by martinuzz »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #490 on: January 26, 2016, 05:20:19 am »

It is terrifying.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 26, 2016, 05:32:07 am »

A 22 year old woman who worked at a refugee center for unaccompanied minors between ages of 14 and 17,  was stabbed to death in Sweden.
A 15 year old refugee from Libanon has been arrested. Police cannot make any statements yet about what happened.
The Swedish prime minister called it a 'terrible crime', and spoke of the fear amongst Swedes that these things will happen again.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35406072

Dunno, 10 years ago prime ministers would be more careful with statements. They'd say something like 'a terrible tragedy', keeping the possibility open that the kid might have stabbed in self defense, or anger about sexual abuse. Basically the prime minister is breaking the law, because a person is innocent until convicted. He shouldn't call it a crime before a judge has done so.

And before someone calls me a terrorist murderer apologist, the only thing I defend here is the Constitutional State, from threats foreign and domestic.
Isn't it kinda doing what you're accusing the PM of? Except it's presuming the victim guilty unless found innocent. Optimally, we could presume both are innocent until proven, but people exceedingly rarely accidentally fatally stab someone before having to be taken down by other people on the scene.

I'm rather curious, too, how few repetitions it will take before the victim becomes a native Swede with over 9000 years of Viking ancestry in some more partisan reports on that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 26, 2016, 05:35:28 am »

In other news, Dutch police force has had it's mandate expanded. A selection of 150 patrol officers assigned to patrol shopping malls and other vulnerable public places will henceforth be armed with machineguns instead of pistols. Up until now this was not allowed by law. Only special intervention teams were allowed heavy weapons.

The team will only be used with discretion, in cases of heightened threat levels, and will always require permission of the mayor, DA and police department (called 'the safety triangle'). So it's not like, from now on, you'll see machineguns at every supermarket.
The new machine gun brigade will not be used in any aggressive role, their role is to be solely protective. Any actual intervention will still be done by the special intervention team that already exists.

The justice department will also reinforce it's team of protective snipers and heavy weapons guards used for protective custodies and for guarding courthouses, with another 150 men, before the end of 2016.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 26, 2016, 05:39:27 am »

Why even call it a tragedy? i think we should keep the possibility open that the woman might had a terminal illness and requested the chivalrous young man to sacrifice his freedom by ending her suffering. while the police investigate if there was a crime (clearly a waste of time), a special committee should investigate if he deserves a nobility title to be granted by the king of Sweden.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 26, 2016, 05:40:01 am »

Isn't it kinda doing what you're accusing the PM of? Except it's presuming the victim guilty unless found innocent. Optimally, we could presume both are innocent until proven, but people exceedingly rarely accidentally fatally stab someone before having to be taken down by other people on the scene.

Not really, I was just giving some examples. Maybe I should have given more examples, like, 'maybe the kid had a PTSS induced panic attack/flashback (so he was not legally accountable for his actions, because psychiatrically ill)', or 'maybe the kid didn't do it and just got scapegoated', 'maybe etc'.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 793