Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008268 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #660 on: February 10, 2016, 08:43:41 am »

Indeed.  It'd be rather off-the-rails for him to suggest rerailing anything.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 10, 2016, 12:19:12 pm »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 10, 2016, 12:20:01 pm »

the cake is a lie
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 10, 2016, 01:06:54 pm »

It's a reminder that they could have attacked him with knives and guns, whilst also ridiculing him, without the political problems of actually threatening/attacking him with knives and guns.

Or maybe they aren't Putinions, just moscovians who had cake but no knives.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 10, 2016, 01:56:21 pm »

Maybe it was actually yellowcake :O
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #665 on: February 10, 2016, 02:39:55 pm »

-snip-
I am doubtful that a Zoroastrian devil zombie apocalypse will happen so fingers crossed that end will be good, and finances may collapse multiple times in the future - but insurance lives on forever. Generally speaking I'm not sure how much you can plan for such scenarios as such scenarios by definition fubar everything. Though I guess it doesn't hurt to have some industries capable of surviving such collapses, even if only as a form of... Insurance.
And Academia has always been this odd. The only thing that's changed is there's more of them. It pains me that they go after the children, and it worries me that they teach them such ideologies to frame the entire world in. When it comes to Somalians sodomizing Swedes and the Swedes blaming Swedes for not being tolerant enough you know something's gone horribly right.

As for the topic of Israel, I believe as time goes on and Israel becomes an older state with clearer defined relationships with the rest of the world, it will settle down. I am willing to brush aside their retarded moments like when they tried to help the Argies win or shot up the American warship as their general anxiety from being surrounded by hostiles. If they go down, are they crazy enough to nuke Europe? Honestly, I wouldn't blame them for it, the fallout would improve the general atmosphere xD

I can't blame you for taking a break from the cultural enrichment pain train, it does get desensitizing after a while. Looking at fucking hundreds of victims who get brushed underfoot from the worst treatment, what worried me was that I had no reaction of anger to sexual emergency rapist. Just too jaded, it's all one big joke, with Europe as the punchline. Probably why I cling onto foreign aid as a principle so much, there must be that shred of hope and wisdom one must hold onto lest everything descend into the infinite madness of banterblivion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't worry too much Vilanat, it's just that public opinion about Israel in Europe has fallen to an all time low due to the past 10 years being reporters talking about Palestinian childrens being shredded by darts and targeted by artillery e.t.c.
The ruling classes still mostly support Israel (I'm reminded of when our left-wing opposition tried challenging the leadership on the basis of being anti-Israel, he got crushed) and for example whilst the govs make platitudes towards two state solutions they still supply Israel through third parties like Germany
The spice must flow
Give it 10 years and maybe whatever's left of Euros might like Israel again, you just need to be more toleran and progresiv

The US does not take covert actions against the UK as it is a part of the Five Eyes, but Obama has been treating us like an unwanted girlfriend pawning off all of our information to Portuguese merchants, so it's not exactly ideal. Also notable is that the passport incident he was referring to was incredibly severe, but Israel said sorry. Erm, better? Haha. It's cool, but it's like the German anger when they found out the US spied on them, you should not treat your allies as things to exploit otherwise they stop being your ally.
Heck, I'm pro-Israel, but as time goes on I find that position increasingly hard to justify other than there are worse things than Israel and they currently hold the potential to nuke Germany xD
Vilanat, are there successors to Bibi who are less paranoid?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:49:17 pm by Loud Whispers »

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 10, 2016, 05:43:38 pm »

Maybe, or maybe the fact Europe has increasing percentages of Muslims that gain more and more financial and political power in Europe, don't know.

The only severe part of Mabhouh assassination was that Israel got caught. everyone employ the same tactics, more or less and it's not like anyone actually thought that Ireland or Australia assassinated him. The US and UK hacked into Israel drones years before which in my opinion is far more hostile than using fake passports from a certain country (Again, a tactic that every agency employ).

The irony is that an Israeli company installed the security cameras in Dubai. :D the arrogant Mossad agents (Allegedly) should have known Dubai police department would look into these video tapes and could have easily avoided some of them. Btw, there's an okish Israeli drama series from the makers of hatufim (Literal translation - prisoners of war, Which in the States was adapted with the name "Homeland") that has been bought by Fox and is somewhat based on Mabhouh assassination. it mainly deals with how ordinary people react when they suddenly find out their faces in Dubai's CCTV and are getting blamed for being Mossad's Assassins (Some of them actually are). would be interesting to see what the american adaptation would look like.

Also, i think that more than Israel needs of explaining what they were doing assassinating a terrorist arms dealer, Dubai should explain what they were doing harbouring such a lovely person.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #667 on: February 10, 2016, 07:01:18 pm »

Maybe, or maybe the fact Europe has increasing percentages of Muslims that gain more and more financial and political power in Europe, don't know.
They have not inherited the mantle from progressive European liberals yet and the simple fact of the matter is if Europeans did not like what they were saying (or at the least, truly opposed it), they would shut it down with any of their hate speech laws. They don't though.

The only severe part of Mabhouh assassination was that Israel got caught. everyone employ the same tactics, more or less and it's not like anyone actually thought that Ireland or Australia assassinated him. The US and UK hacked into Israel drones years before which in my opinion is far more hostile than using fake passports from a certain country (Again, a tactic that every agency employ).
When the US and UK hacked Israel's drones, they were drones carrying out military strikes, drones Israel had falsely said were not carrying missiles. This was during Obama's attempt to make peace with Iran and reintroduce them to the world community, and the Americans needed to make sure the IDF were not about to launch a military strike on Iran. This was after through eavesdropping, Israel obtained information from confidential US briefings, informants and diplomatic contacts in Europe, and that's not what bothered the Obama administration - what bothered them was that this information was leaked to American legislators in an attempt to undermine the Iranian deal which was a deliberate attempt at sabotaging American diplomacy. That to me strikes me as far more hostile than trying to find out who Israel is attacking with drones they're very poorly arguing are unarmed. Simply put, dishonesty begets distrust. Israel had undermined US diplomacy with hacking and information leaking, and they were not giving honest answers, and were mobilizing armed drones? What was the US to do, remain in the dark?

It's also not a tactic every agency employs, and it's incredibly scandalous because doing so is a war crime just as flying another nation's flag on your warships or wearing another nation's uniform is a war crime. When you use British passports to carry out assassinations, the backlash hits British people and puts their lives in danger. I do agree in quite a cheeky way that their real crime was getting caught, but stealing the identities of twelve real Britons means that if someone wanted to avenge the assassination they might accidentally kill innocent unaware Britons for an assassination they had nothing to do with. That is why this is so serious, this isn't even something like infiltration or just getting pass border security, this was the assassination of a high ranking commander. At least when the Russians come over here to kill people they do it under their own flag, with balls. And they certainly don't drag their allies through the mud whilst doing it, you won't see them running around with fake Belorussian passports! I am willing to overlook such actions, but they are not standard and they are nothing short of treacherous. Least of all after explicitly promising not to use British passports for this purpose. These are the kinds of actions which test alliances to breaking point, and Israel's already on thin ice as it has a past reputation for blowing up its friends metaphorically and literally :P

Moreover you may not grasp how important British passports are, especially to the British. They have a reputation as one of the most valuable and trustworthy in the world, they have gotten British citizens out of execution before, which is why they were probably used by Mossad to begin with. If they get a reputation for being used by assassins, that is a distrust that carries onto all passport holders - we have many mercantile workers who must travel across the world in dangerous places everywhere from Africa to the ME to China, and every day even have lawyers who specialize in freeing British citizens from security forces trying to extort them. Don't need this to take away one of their crutches ;)
We wouldn't expect this of Russia, and we have strictly business and sports relations with them. For one we called ally to do so was salt in the wounds. Wasn't even just us, with passports from Aussies, French and Germans. With the prospect of dual citizenry, the exact identity of who the assassins were would mean that ruling out the Irish or French e.t.c. would not be possible. Six years on and so many nations that were the most friendly to Israel have either turned their backs or held their connections with Israel as an embarrassment to their own public, you can't betray other nations' trust and expect things to be the same because everyone else might be doing it. Just look at the reactions, Prime Ministers and Chiefs of Security all saying this was profoundly disturbing, not the acts of friends, a global threat to national security and to the security of travelers. Israel cannot survive without friends, and it can't have friends if it isolates itself by abusing any trust it is given, it's pretty much how it works on the individual level to the top, no one makes friends with a dickhead they know will snake them :P

I think it is especially pertinent here, I remember when UR was talking about how Ukraine should pursue a policy of diminishment of Russia at any cost and I advised against it because there really are moments where at what cost you have gone too far and dug yourself into your own funeral - pretty much the same principle for every nation, and especially here. Trying to destroy your enemies at any cost will almost always end up at too steep a cost, where you'll lose everything even in victory.

Also, i think that more than Israel needs of explaining what they were doing assassinating a terrorist arms dealer, Dubai should explain what they were doing harbouring such a lovely person.
I think this is a facet of the UAE being divided into Emirates, some of which are more ambivalent to Hamas or supportive

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 11, 2016, 12:39:51 am »

Yeah, no. in 1998 Obama was somewhere in Illinois.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #669 on: February 11, 2016, 09:05:39 am »

Started in 1998, continues to last year.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #670 on: February 11, 2016, 09:35:13 am »

Turkish president Erdogan held a speech on national television. He says that Turkey is about to open it's borders to Europe and let all refugees through, unless the UN starts making safe zones, with no fly areas and UN troops, in Syria, to shelter refugees in their own country.
Sultan Erdogan is mocking Merkel

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 11, 2016, 09:42:40 am »

http://www.politico.eu/article/scottish-vote-will-boost-queen-nicola-ahead-of-brexit-referendum-sturgeon/

Wait, Scotland still has a queen?... EDOOT: Oh it's a metaphor, sort of like how we call Hillary 'Queen Hillary' sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:45:48 am by smjjames »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 11, 2016, 09:48:09 am »

She has proved herself the Stalin to Salmond’s Lenin, turning a revolution into a regime.
Is it a bad thing that this comparison makes me like her more?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #673 on: February 11, 2016, 10:09:25 am »

She has proved herself the Stalin to Salmond’s Lenin, turning a revolution into a regime.
Is it a bad thing that this comparison makes me like her more?
Not really, one can admire the leadership of people who built powerful regimes, whilst still acknowledging the whole killing tens of millions of people thing. Heck, that whole Thatcher/Hillary derail was all about admiring their leadership qualities whilst still acknowledging their own moral failings :P

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 12, 2016, 01:25:48 am »

From the ISIS thread:

Right, and 'theres no Russian ground troops there either, nope, we have no bases there, nothing, nope, nada, zilch, zero'.

I wonder if he has the same opinion of a Russian or Iranian led coalition of ground troops?

Yeah and those T-90s they didnt even bother to paint over again with a non-russian-olive paint totally came from India probably too. Elsewhere, Medvedev also said yesterday that theres nothing Russia could do to stop asylum seekers from reaching Finland. Yeah right, theres been about 15/year(political or sex minority reasons), now suddenly thousand+ in a month from literally day after when border controls were returned to Finnish-Swedish border. We get more asylum seekers in a day from Russia that we used to get in a year. Totally a coincident, nothing can be done!

http://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/a1455243940968

We should just terminate "negotiations", announce that Russia is a safe country, and stop everyone without a visa from getting in, but as before nobody in the government has the guts to do it.

Well at least they're changing the law so that starting from May hopefully, 25,000 can be mobilized called to "additional rehearsals" with 0 warning time by the Chief of the Defence Force, so thats an improvement over the previous 3 months.

Any day now the Russian media machine will go full retard about the Oregon Air National Guard, 142nd Fighter Wing and its F-15s coming to Rissala, Tampere this Spring for excercises with our F/A-18s. Its the first time ever that parts of an operational US unit rebases here, even if just for training reasons(so air shows dont count).
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 793