Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008619 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1155 on: March 18, 2016, 03:59:59 pm »

Anyway, who wants to bet that Erdogan will pull a page from Muhammed VI's manual and start dumping refugees in the Syrian border? Except Kurdish refugees, I guess. Heaven help you if you are kurdish
They already tried doing that, by setting up refugee camps inside of Syria proper.
._.

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 18, 2016, 06:34:26 pm »

Its funny how europe sailed towards despotic amoral fucks again.
Its what you get when you subjects instead of citizens.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 18, 2016, 06:41:39 pm »

Its funny how europe sailed towards despotic amoral fucks again.
Its what you get when you subjects instead of citizens.

You mean towards Erdogan?

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 18, 2016, 06:44:21 pm »

Merkel and such humanoids.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 18, 2016, 06:50:39 pm »

I don't see Merkel and Hollande (isn't that like, a dutch name?) and Cameron as despotic. Not on the level of Erdogan anyway.

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 18, 2016, 07:09:49 pm »

Yet..
But in the end such "strong wo(men)" always go towards their own agendas.
If i had a better grasp in english i would start to make a parody of the modern european poli(ticks) based around the berserker world.
In this continent, is the destiny of europe controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the European Parliament hovering above? At least it is true that Europeans have no control; even over their own will.
 Now its the time to assign your leaders to the godhand.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 18, 2016, 08:41:59 pm »

Erdogan going full dictator so openly is something that should be impossible. Abusing a terrorism threat to destroy all rights is a move done so many times by dictators before. The fact that he is largely getting away with it ridiculous.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 18, 2016, 08:55:11 pm »

The reason it has been done by so many before him is because it works
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 19, 2016, 04:36:44 am »

Erdogan going full dictator so openly is something that should be impossible. Abusing a terrorism threat to destroy all rights is a move done so many times by dictators before. The fact that he is largely getting away with it ridiculous.

Why? France gets away with it after the Paris attacks (national state of emergency ever since, planned to go on for a few years, with extra special permissions for police and army, and curfews. Erdogan is just going like "hey I can do what France can do too!"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1164 on: March 19, 2016, 06:59:42 am »

I don't see Merkel and Hollande (isn't that like, a dutch name?) and Cameron as despotic. Not on the level of Erdogan anyway.
No, european governments are just decentralized authoritarian complexes, so you can't stop them by removing the leader, it's the same from the smallest blade of grass to the tallest mountain. Take for example the Dutch or German twitter thought police ready to knock on your door if you hatethink online or the Britbureaus et friends collecting loads of data for... Something. Not sure what they're doing with it, but they have it. And then Sweden where if you get bombed the gov will treat is as vandalism if you are not the right Swede.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 19, 2016, 07:05:33 am »

double post
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 07:09:03 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 19, 2016, 07:08:49 am »

-snip-
George Soros, the Rockefeller Foundation, and the Swedish government funding the ESI? It can't be! That's just a right-wing conspiracy!

Viktor Orban was right.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1167 on: March 19, 2016, 07:13:34 am »

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-01/06/mass-surveillance-william-binney-nsa-uk-ip-bill
So this is what they're using that data for
2sp00ky4me

-snip-
George Soros, the Rockefeller Foundation, and the Swedish government funding the ESI? It can't be! That's just a right-wing conspiracy!

Viktor Orban was right.
Straight from their website
The usual suspects don't surprise me though, interesting to note is the UK Foreign Office was a previous supporter of them, I'm guessing under Blair or Brown?

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 19, 2016, 07:18:33 am »

The DFID is also on the list, and part of the UK government.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 19, 2016, 07:29:24 am »

Why? France gets away with it after the Paris attacks (national state of emergency ever since, planned to go on for a few years, with extra special permissions for police and army, and curfews. Erdogan is just going like "hey I can do what France can do too!"

The scale of Erdogan's repression is a multitude worse than what France is doing. There is almost no comparing. France hasn't arrested 2000 people for insulting the president or closed newspapers for being too critical.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 793