Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001953 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1395 on: March 25, 2016, 06:47:41 am »

I look forward to seeing such laws being overturned in the near future, then, if not many people are opposing gay rights over there.
It's actually very encouraging to hear that, given that PEW statistics listed a median of 93% Muslims in the Middle East-North Africa area who believe homosexuality is morally wrong. So if UAE is bucking that trend as substantially as your post implies, that's good news for LGBT rights indeed.
I've grown up in one of the more moderate Muslim countries (Malaysia) and one of the stricter Muslim countries (England) and they mostly find homosexuals tolerable (in the true sense of the word tolerance). Very strong morals, very good, a little crazy at times like Prime Minister Najib Razak calling homosexuals enemies of Islam like ISIS
chikkibrkickii

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1396 on: March 25, 2016, 10:19:08 am »

I can't help but feel like if I woo LW enough, he'll put on his Tennyson hat and write his magnum opus, 'Elegy for the Yuropoors'. And it will be the most tragically beautiful thing ever shitposted.
And then 100 years later liberal arts students take up shitpost degrees and analyze how all of my shitposts are actually multicultural contrapuntal pastiche verisimilitude checking the privilege of the oppressive yuropoor for the finality of time in the next step on determinist marxist time & history criticism, twinned with gender terrorism

Too soon :(
Good to know though about Malaysia. Now we know where to go in fifty years when we're starting the pushback; we emigrate over there and start forming our own little communities, until there's a tea shop or a chippy on every corner. We won't learn the language, and we'll constantly talk about Coronation Street and pressure young, impressionable Malaysians into starting to watch it.
Then we start going out en masse in our own clothing. First we start off simple, with the odd fleece, or shorts and hairy, pasty legs. But before long they won't be able to walk down a street without seeing a pale face peering out of the folds of a ratty old cardigan or Christmas jumper.
It will be glorious.

That is of course the EU is using a coherent strategy beyond "more." Certainly in the UK our government and intellectual elite simply ran with the basis that cultural enrichment was necessary and justification would follow after it had been implemented, rather than justification coming from necessity. The SI likewise do not ostensibly show why they pursue mass immigration, beyond the explanation that mass immigration somehow "works" in maintaining border control, which I suspect means their interviews are directed at placating Dutch and Germans and not explaining their motives to their peers publicly. Though from one of their articles addressed to their peers it seems pretty clear they're basic bitch globalists:
“As small states integrate themselves in a wider world, and even the largest learn how much they need their neighbours’ help to tackle the problems that face them all, the stringently patrolled and narrow-minded conception of history which they once nurtured and which gave them a kind of justification starts to look less plausible and less necessary. Other futures may require other pasts.
The history of the nationalists is all about false continuities and convenient silences, the fictions necessary to tell the story of the rendez-vous of a chosen people with the land marked out for them by destiny. It is an odd and implausible version of the past …”
http://www.esiweb.org/rumeliobserver/2014/10/12/cosmopolitan-visionary-boutaris-and-thessaloniki/
A nice dream. Give me my false continuities, my rendez-vous of a chosen people with the land marked out for them not by destiny, but by toil. My Empire of salt, sand, dirt and limestone, somewhere where globalists cannot sacrifice everyone but themselves for their personal ambitions. To be willing to subvert the democracies and destroy the peoples of a continent over a dream? It's a nightmare. The worst part of it all is these cowards have no loyalty to any nation and so when those nations crumble they merely flee abroad. Pitiful really, the dutiful following the treacherous and the treacherous leaving nothing worth loyalty.

In other news
Austria and Hungary strengthening borders to make Yurop Fortress. I think they're gonna need more than fences to make a fort
Also the Belgian bombers bumped off to Budapest
Sweden with the racism against Lobsters
Oversexed, overfed and over here: that, in a nutshell, is what the Swedes think of the American lobster from Maine, New England. It may be much sought after in restaurants but Sweden does not want the American crustacean to darken EU waters in case it spreads diseases and kills off its smaller cousin. The Swedish environment ministry on Friday asked the EU to list the Maine lobster as an invasive species and ban the import of the live creatures.
While the more cynical may see the Swedish move as disguised protectionism, such concerns are not entirely misplaced. Wildlife experts say the American lobster, which may also be slightly larger and different in colour to the native European lobster, brings dangers to European lobsters.
Eurolobster confirmed for exoskeleton-less jellycuck that cannot compete with supersexed Amerilobster
“They pose several potential risks for native species, competing for space and resources, they can interbreed with local species and produce hybrid species, which we don’t know will be viable or not,” said Dr Paul Stebbing of the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture science.
Hybrid vigour enrich your lobsters
“If they found 30 American lobsters over eight years, how is that an invasion,” she said.
Casoni also faulted European residents for releasing American lobsters into the wild: “They are the ones breaking the law. We don’t buy European species and let them free.”
Sweden has approached the EU commission, the EU’s executive body, under the EU’s invasive alien species regulation, which came into force last year. Such species are considered to be one of the major causes of biodiversity loss; its cost to the European economy is estimated to be at least €12bn a year in areas such as health care and animal health costs, crop yield losses, fish stock losses and damage to protected species.
mfw EU regulates bioracism

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 25, 2016, 11:18:02 am »

(removed)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:42:01 pm by Toady One »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1398 on: March 25, 2016, 03:57:32 pm »

I banned xxseuzxx and pruned the thread after that.  I'm also losing my patience with the broader context of these moderator reports.  When you praise each other for your shitposting abilities, what I get out of that is that you don't value my time and don't value the discourse of the larger community.  If that's the case, you could just go.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 25, 2016, 04:03:49 pm »

Especially you british guys since you kind of blur the line between normal posting and shitposting sometimesall the time.

Anyway, theres a bit of a tit-for-tat brewing up between Turkish and EU authorities. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/25/turkish-officials-europe-wanted-to-export-extremists-to-syria
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:14:07 pm by smjjames »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 25, 2016, 04:10:11 pm »

The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1401 on: March 25, 2016, 04:11:58 pm »

sometimes
*cough*
I got an asthma (which I don't even have) attack from that and you only *cough*? You must be tough.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 25, 2016, 04:16:08 pm »

Okay, you've made your point, I edited it. Though sometimes it's hard to tell when he is shitposting and when he isn't, which is what I mean. Might be the use of british slang, dunno.

I also tried to subtly warn you guys with the 'Overflowing, the shitposting has become!', which wasn't meant as a praise if it did sound like it to Toady One.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:19:35 pm by smjjames »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 25, 2016, 04:36:57 pm »

Sneaky Britti! When I checked that article, this was the map:

Edit: Well, don't shitpost? I mean, it has got to the point where indeed people have been gorifying shitposting.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1406 on: March 25, 2016, 04:40:02 pm »

The pictures reminded me of CS:GO old Nuke map, which was supposedly somewhere in Germany or something.

Thankfully it got moved into America in recent update so it's all okay.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 25, 2016, 04:42:46 pm »

Wait, I thought Antwerp was Netherlands? *goes to check wiki*

Edit: NVM. Though Antwerp does have Dutch origins I think. That map does seem to be putting Brussels way down south though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:45:50 pm by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1408 on: March 25, 2016, 04:57:01 pm »

The caveat to that being that myself and LW are two of the more vocal conservative members, while the forum seems to trend towards the left, generally, which I think draws undue attention.
Lol I don't think it does, I got this same scrutiny when I was progresiv

Yeah, it probably diminishes thread quality somewhat when LW quotes a large paragraph only to reply with 'Shekel wizards, very cheekibreeki' (though the next paragraph will typically contain more information than I know what to do with), and my own comparison to the Star Wars prequels in this thread that just got deleted probably did little except bring up a lot of painful memories for those of us who paid good money to see them.
u wot

Loudwhispers barely forever shitposts.
Also I feel bad for him posting, what, 10,000 words of well-researched and sourced debate in the FAPER news thread, because he won't get a proper response, only nitpicking and quibbles. Nobody here is going to be convinced by either side of the debate - the EU issue is absolutely one where everyone has already drawn lines in the sand.
I've already done my part towards actually having discourse but pretty consistently every time I've spent a load of time making a well-researched, well-written post I get one sentence replies saying nothing at all
That's not even talking about the passive aggressiveness certain members show each other, I mean there's one at the top of the page but the whole Bernie vs Hillary thing before?

I still get people replying to my posts just to say they ignored them, gets a laff out of me every time, why would you even bother?

Okay, you've made your point, I edited it. Though sometimes it's hard to tell when he is shitposting and when he isn't, which is what I mean. Might be the use of british slang, dunno.
Using slang isn't shitposting

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 25, 2016, 05:02:03 pm »

Using slang isn't shitposting

It can make it sound like shitposting though.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 793