Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008284 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #750 on: February 18, 2016, 05:39:48 pm »

This seems to be one of those cases where you don't actually need to be insulting for people to take offense as if you were.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 18, 2016, 05:44:23 pm »

Mysterious indeed are the ways of the shitposter.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 18, 2016, 06:16:05 pm »

Loudwhispers barely forever shitposts.

Also I feel bad for him posting, what, 10,000 words of well-researched and sourced debate in the FAPER news thread, because he won't get a proper response, only nitpicking and quibbles. Nobody here is going to be convinced by either side of the debate - the EU issue is absolutely one where everyone has already drawn lines in the sand.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #753 on: February 18, 2016, 06:25:09 pm »

Claiming it as in literally claiming it? no.
I didn't claim it but people say I did anyways.

fml with a satay.

If I did not say it, I did not say it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also makes it incredibly annoying to read for people who bother to take the time (such as me).
No pity for the person who actually took the time to research and write it all? Oy vey, zut alooooooors

Actually I will write something more. When your outspoken (LW is) & have a controversial opinion (in terms of Bay 12 LW does) & are happy to be insulting to people who disagree with your opinions (re read his post if you don't think he slings insults left, right & centre at groups of people with the opposing view point) then you're gotta expect to cop some flak back. Fair is fair after all.
I don't give a shit what you call me, I've been called all things and all insults, there simply is nothing to insult on the internet (do you think insulting LW means anything? LW does not exist) I care when others don't care. Even when I shitpost, each shitpost is handcrafted and meaningful, or at least deliberately meaningless. Someone earlier once asked me why I don't always write serious posts all the time, and why most of my posts are quick and cheap shitposts. And I said something along the lines of every time I wrote a long serious post with all citations and everything clearly explained all I got was a two or three sentence pithy shitpost saying 'you're wrong, here's not why,' whereas I could do the same post with much less effort and much more fun and get the same response. As long as I get to post the numbers, the reports, the facts, end of the day my opinion and how they are presented as serious or shitpost matters little.
Today was an exception because:
And again, we reach the point where I don't know what's argument, what's shitposting and what's being wrong and I find myself at a loss of how to respond.
Sheb seemed quite confused as to whether I had a coherent point and the shitposting was an obstacle for him, so shitposting did matter. So I excised shitposting and did the most serious and in-depth explanation and collation of all (or at least most) that was my point for this topic, specifically the topic of a German-British trade war that was being threatened by the German EU chairman. I am happy at least for a short while there was a serious discussion on energy and pipelines before it turned into a civil straw war and I returned to shitposting pipeline puns, but nothing of value was lost anyways as I nevertheless return to the natural state of either maintaining serious, civil discussion against points I did not make - or just shitposting. And obviously I'm just going to shitpost if you're not going to take yourself seriously (that's you plural there, not a specific accusation to you).

As a result we return to that blissful void - the shitpost
Also I feel bad for him posting, what, 10,000 words of well-researched and sourced debate in the FAPER news thread, because he won't get a proper response, only nitpicking and quibbles. Nobody here is going to be convinced by either side of the debate - the EU issue is absolutely one where everyone has already drawn lines in the sand.
Yeah we've all drawn lines in the sand but they don't need to be battle lines, and we could at least hear everyone's viewpoints instead of just ur ruong nah ur rong nah ur ronald REMOVE PICKLE remove pickle WE RICH HAVE SHEKEL from LONDINAITSTAN MAGIC
It's basically the same thing just less readable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #754 on: February 18, 2016, 06:50:26 pm »

LW shitposts plenty, just very definitely not in this thread. Much, at least.
This is not even my final form

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 18, 2016, 07:10:21 pm »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 18, 2016, 08:07:50 pm »

I like LW's posts. I'd probably subscribe to his newsletter. It's just far too much to actually respond to, and I agree with most of it anyway. I'm not quibbling when I start talking about gas; I'm picking a manageable, interesting piece that I actually have the time and background knowledge to address.

Anywho in a suspiciously timely coincidence, the European Commission released an announcement on a shift in energy policy. It seems to hinge on renewables and increased imports of liquid natural gas. Most interesting is what they're calling the solidarity principle, where member states are responsible for assisting their (member) neighbors in case of shortage. This seems to imply movement toward a more unified utility grid, something I know they've pushed for in the past. I'm still looking through it, but despite never directly mentioning Russia the phrases "supply security" and "political tensions along our borders" appear a number of times.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:10:46 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 18, 2016, 10:14:04 pm »

snip
Remove Pickle? The HMS Pickle was a fine ship, damn you!
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 19, 2016, 07:27:12 am »

All right, Imma bite the bait and respond to every point in an LW post, just to prove that I can into tolerancy on the nets of inter.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 19, 2016, 07:47:55 am »

Just read the last post, and to be clear, a lot of the time, when I don't react it is indeed because I do not disagree, but in this case I just had a couple of very busy day, so I haven't read your pentapost answer of doom yet LW. I do plan on reading it and responding this week-end though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #760 on: February 19, 2016, 05:48:38 pm »

All right, Imma bite the bait and respond to every point in an LW post, just to prove that I can into tolerancy on the nets of inter.
You responded to the exasperated followup that had no sources and did not follow the 6k word's tight coherent points

You responded to the wrong post to prove you can into tolerancy on the nets of inter

I like LW's posts. I'd probably subscribe to his newsletter. It's just far too much to actually respond to, and I agree with most of it anyway. I'm not quibbling when I start talking about gas; I'm picking a manageable, interesting piece that I actually have the time and background knowledge to address.
None of that criticism was directed at you, that oil discussion thereafter was a glimpse of what could have been, the bright hopeful future

This is the hell that is :P

Just read the last post, and to be clear, a lot of the time, when I don't react it is indeed because I do not disagree, but in this case I just had a couple of very busy day, so I haven't read your pentapost answer of doom yet LW. I do plan on reading it and responding this week-end though.
Oh of course, honestly I do the same where if I agree on something I usually just leave it out in a reply or don't reply on it at all, there's a difference between talking about one point in particular out of interest and practicality or just trying to win points with nazi pedantics

In other news:
UK has 'opt out of ever-closer union', leaked draft suggests
I don't know what the fuck that means but it sounds good

Cameron says: "We have permanently carved Britain out of [ever-closer union].

"Britain will never be part of a European super state," he says.

He thanked the leaders of the other EU states for the their "patience and goodwill and their assistance".

[ever-closer union]. That was added by the BBC. Why didn't Cameron say it fully himself? What is he up to now, this is incredibly surprising as the EU never once backed down on any point yet today Cameron is saying he's gotten pretty much everything he asked for. I smell a trap, I await the morrow to see what occurs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35616768
SNEAKI BREEKI, the deal only lasts for a few years, enough years to pass the referendum D:<
What definition of permanent is he using?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:58:01 pm by Loud Whispers »

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 19, 2016, 07:07:28 pm »

What numbers? Do you mean these things? Sorry, but I cannot see any connection between the numbers and your argument.
I'm being trolled
Why? Why all this unbidden hostility? ; ~ ;

I am deeply hurt, sir.

All I wanted was to demolish the walls of dark misunderstanding between us and build bridges of clear communication and reliable sources, but alas, that was not to be. Now I shall never know whence came your 4 million Syrians – you have doomed me to an eternity in the wasteland of ignorance and incomprehension, far away from the reassuring light of citations.

Sir, I am afraid our friendship will never recover from this dire blow. :'c

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 19, 2016, 07:11:18 pm »

Do we even have current statistics on migrant numbers? That last set of statistics that I saw that actually bothered to break them down by place of origin was from 2014 and early 2015.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:14:10 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
You know the truth as well as I do...
« Reply #763 on: February 19, 2016, 07:22:57 pm »

...actually on second thoughts I'm too irked to be in the mood for puns.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:39:22 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 19, 2016, 07:38:49 pm »

I hope you vote to leave too. If there was any doubt as to whether the EU was a joke before this fiasco, there is even less now. If you're of the "cool kids" northern Europe club, you get all kinds of prerrogatives, and the factic powers in the EU will scramble to grant even more at the slightest tantrum. If you're a South-European, however, you get shat upon without stop, and are supposed to ask for seconds.

About time this farce of a "union" is called out for what it is.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 793