Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002142 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2175 on: May 17, 2016, 04:47:44 am »

Officials based their estimates on 600,000 migrants arriving this year, 400,000 next year and 300,000 in each of the following years, the report said, adding that they expected 55 percent of recognized refugees to have a job after five years.
45 percent official (i.e. very optimistic) expected unemployment among recognized refugees

That's a bit pessimistic if anything. 55% percent employment for refugees is what we have in Belgium, and our untnememployment rate is twice the German rate (8.5% vs. 4.2). The wording is a bit unclear too, do they expect 55% of ALL refugees to have jobs? I expect they mean "of working age refugees"?

Also do note that unemployment isn't the same as 100%-(% of those that have a job). If that 55% number is their target for labour participation, It's actually the same as that for the German population as a whole.

Also, that's just cost, doesn't take into account the benefits from those refugees finding jobs and paying taxes. It's nice to compare though: Germany spend 26% of GDP on social spending, or about 11.000 euros per person per year. Using those numbers, if the German government is spending as much on each refugees as it spend on each German, assuming their estimate for future numbers are real and 1 million refugees came in in 2015, I get a total of 125 billions. I guess the difference is largely due to the fact that refugees don't draw pensions.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: May 17, 2016, 01:00:27 pm »

A judge ruled verdict in Hamburg and has forbidden Böhmermann from repeating parts of his Erdogan poem. He can still recite parts about freedom of speech, but is no longer allowed to call Erdogan a goatfucker or pedofile.

Böhmermann's lawyer, Christian Scherz, has already called the judge's verdict wrong.
He says "the court is correct in concluding that Böhmermann's poem classifies as satire, and an expression of art, which makes it very strange that the verdict forbids parts of it"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: May 17, 2016, 01:23:15 pm »

A judge ruled verdict in Hamburg and has forbidden Böhmermann from repeating parts of his Erdogan poem. He can still recite parts about freedom of speech, but is no longer allowed to call Erdogan a goatfucker or pedofile.

Böhmermann's lawyer, Christian Scherz, has already called the judge's verdict wrong.
He says "the court is correct in concluding that Böhmermann's poem classifies as satire, and an expression of art, which makes it very strange that the verdict forbids parts of it"

And the judge didn't have a moment of cognitive dissonance over it? heh.

Edit: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36317006 He's apparently done pretty controversial stuff before.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:29:59 pm by smjjames »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: May 17, 2016, 01:36:06 pm »

I dont get, how calling someone pedophile and goatficker is elegant satire.
Germany has different meaning for satire?

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: May 17, 2016, 01:37:25 pm »

...Apparently the BBC is shitposting like the best of us now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJWUmSbt0Ms
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: May 17, 2016, 02:11:19 pm »

I dont get, how calling someone pedophile and goatficker is elegant satire.
Germany has different meaning for satire?
Where does the "elegant" come from? It only read an unqualified "satire".
Taste my Paci-Fist

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: May 17, 2016, 02:32:06 pm »

Edit: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36317006 He's apparently done pretty controversial stuff before.
To be quite fair, I've seen Charlie Hebdo magazine be much more insulting and controversial towards politicians, religions, and <insert minority group here> than this slightly bestiality-tinted poem of Böhmermann, which, as far as satire goes, tasteless or no, did a pretty good job at getting people's attention on what is happening in Turkey.

je suis Böhmermann
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:35:53 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: May 17, 2016, 02:32:13 pm »

German humor was never refined. I still remember that one disgusting picture with the pope shitting himself... i think the article was about pedophilia...

Anyway don't expect any class from german humor.
EVER.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2183 on: May 17, 2016, 02:36:30 pm »

...Apparently the BBC is shitposting like the best of us now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJWUmSbt0Ms
I WANT NORMIES TO LEAVE THE BEEB REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

German humor was never refined. I still remember that one disgusting picture with the pope shitting himself... i think the article was about pedophilia...
EVER.
German humour was never invented, don't expect class or even jokes, ever. Their jokes don't have any teeth to them, they're something you at most have a sensible chortle to and nod approvingly, never laughing aghast at the wretched joke you have born witness to.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: May 17, 2016, 05:14:01 pm »

Ugh, who cares of its satire or not.

Just admit that Erdogan deserves to be insulted.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: May 17, 2016, 08:54:20 pm »

Hey, there's actually a lot of great German humor - it's just usually hard to translate/difficult to understand. Try Heine's Wintermärchen for a lot of good examples. Or Tucholsky. Or Ein Herz und eine Seele.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: May 17, 2016, 10:08:53 pm »

Counterpoint: German humor is the classiest.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2187 on: May 18, 2016, 12:08:51 am »

Hey, there's actually a lot of great German humor - it's just usually hard to translate/difficult to understand. Try Heine's Wintermärchen for a lot of good examples. Or Tucholsky. Or Ein Herz und eine Seele.
Did he fall in a lake? It's not funny unless he fell in a lake.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2188 on: May 18, 2016, 04:02:33 am »

Aye, much lake falling is comedy

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: May 18, 2016, 05:50:49 am »

Haven't followed the topic closely.

Did anyone mention new information about great Russian victory at Sochi Olympics?

I always wondered why Russia was in a very bad shape in the first half of Sochi and than started to get medal after medal. FSB special operation does make sense.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 793