Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001939 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2505 on: June 13, 2016, 10:31:23 am »

Dr Geoff Pearson, a senior lecturer in criminal law at Manchester University who was present during the Marseille riots of 1998 and in Charleroi at Euro 2000, said the scenes in Marseille over the weekend were the worst he had seen.

Dr Pearson has been highly critical in the past of French police, claiming that unlike other European forces they have not moved on from outdated crowd control methods which often make the situation worse.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13/euro-2016-french-fail-to-arrest-any-russian-hooligans-after-mars/
French po need help
From that article:
Meanwhile, a leading figure in Russia’s football association and parliament has told fans who attacked England supporters during their European Championship match to “Keep it up”.
Igor Lebedev, a member of the executive committee of the Russian Football Union who is also deputy chairman of the national parliament, posted on Twitter: “I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting. Quite the opposite. Well done, lads. Keep it up!”
:o
(guess who's getting his accounts frozen by EU sanctions next)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: June 13, 2016, 10:36:42 am »

like I've said

football's srs bsns

they even conduct formation-based warfare with each other
._.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: June 13, 2016, 10:43:36 am »

The one thing I find difficulty in understanding is why UEFA are threatening throwing out the teams.

I mean expecting some self-policing from "real" fans is all well and good, but if you throw the team out, are you honestly expecting the folk who are there for the fighting to piss off back home? All it does is punish the folk who are there to support their team.

"Sorry, you didn't stop your fellow fans kicking the shit out other fans while you were on holiday expecting to watch football and not be unpaid police. Go away now."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: June 13, 2016, 11:12:50 am »

The one thing I find difficulty in understanding is why UEFA are threatening throwing out the teams.

I mean expecting some self-policing from "real" fans is all well and good, but if you throw the team out, are you honestly expecting the folk who are there for the fighting to piss off back home? All it does is punish the folk who are there to support their team.

"Sorry, you didn't stop your fellow fans kicking the shit out other fans while you were on holiday expecting to watch football and not be unpaid police. Go away now."
Always thought the idea was to make the legit fans put pressure on the national level to get shit sorted. It's not like these guys materialized out of thin air, they are organized and operate continuously in their home country, and unless you target that, more will show up.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: June 13, 2016, 11:22:44 am »

Yeah, the "peer pressure" from the normal fans do help out, so is the ultras fear of seeing their home team getting thrown out, but i do wonder if the various European police departments knows the names of some of these hooligans and could have sent their names to the French police to have them stopped from getting anywhere near the stadiums during the event. i don't expect anything from the Russian authorities, but the Europeans should have had an extensive list of potential trouble makers.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2510 on: June 13, 2016, 11:28:09 am »

like I've said

football's srs bsns

they even conduct formation-based warfare with each other
I love that Football fans found a way to kill someone with a newspaper

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: June 13, 2016, 11:42:16 am »

Yeah, the "peer pressure" from the normal fans do help out, so is the ultras fear of seeing their home team getting thrown out, but i do wonder if the various European police departments knows the names of some of these hooligans and could have sent their names to the French police to have them stopped from getting anywhere near the stadiums during the event. i don't expect anything from the Russian authorities, but the Europeans should have had an extensive list of potential trouble makers.
I think ultras subculture had very little role in the recent football related violence in France.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2512 on: June 13, 2016, 11:57:45 am »

Tbh estensive databases of trouble makers sounds pretty hitlery

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: June 13, 2016, 11:59:39 am »

Because trying to prevent from criminals to physically hurt others and ruin the game for millions is hitlery?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: June 13, 2016, 12:00:02 pm »

Er... criminal records? It's about as extensive as you need.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2515 on: June 13, 2016, 12:04:45 pm »

Because trying to prevent from criminals to physically hurt others and ruin the game for millions is hitlery?
Being willing to do anything to prevent criminals from physically hurting others and ruining the game for millions sounds very hitlery

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: June 13, 2016, 12:06:22 pm »

You keep using that word, i do not think it means what you think it means.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: June 13, 2016, 12:09:29 pm »

I think he means Hillary
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: June 13, 2016, 12:11:11 pm »

Heh, it would actually kinda do make sense if he had.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: June 13, 2016, 12:13:13 pm »

I think it only truly becomes Hitlery when the French round all the ultras up and gas them for being the cause of all their ills.

Otherwise it's just kinda sensible to keep people known for football-related violence away from football.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 793