Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002048 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2805 on: July 15, 2016, 06:55:13 am »

The UN is inefficient as fuck and foreign backed countries end up caught in crossfires for influence

What you need is strong independent countries free from corruption

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2806 on: July 15, 2016, 07:03:01 am »

Unless you plan to conjure a strong independent country out of thin air, you're probably going to need foreign support one way or the other.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: July 15, 2016, 07:46:15 am »

Do you? Maybe one of the lessons of developmental aid is that there is no real solution. We can alleviate the suffering, but we cannot make them rich, that's something that countries must do themselves.

What we could probably do is stop forcing free trade on everyone so that developing countries can create an industrial base behind tariffs, like every rich country did at some point.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: July 15, 2016, 07:48:03 am »

That would only serve to send 2 billion muslims who are now moderate and peaceful into a kafir killing frenzy that makes IS look like schoolgirls. Bad idea.
I would prefer to hear that nuking civilians is never an option. Because this is the real reason why this can't be done.

Besides I am relatively sure that there are no 2 billion Muslims in the world. There are people who identify themselves as such but thankfully there are far far less actual Muslims
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2809 on: July 15, 2016, 07:51:56 am »

What we could probably do is stop forcing free trade on everyone so that developing countries can create an industrial base behind tariffs, like every rich country did at some point.
Mercantilism doesn't guarantee a healthy government, they might turn out like the US

Besides I am relatively sure that there are no 2 billion Muslims in the world. There are people who identify themselves as such but thankfully there are far far less actual Muslims
Wut? Not everyone who calls themselves Muslim is Muslim, "thankfully"? Careful, you're starting to sound like an ISIS supporter.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: July 15, 2016, 07:54:54 am »

Protectionism doesn't guarantee an healthy government (indeed, it create a lot of pitfalls for governments to fall in as once you start favouring firms, you can start favouring your buddies). It doesn't even guarantee economic development ('How Asia Works' makes the point that protectionism to give your firm ressources, plus pressure to export to submit them to competition on the international market works best) to developed status. But apart from a handful of city-state, no country became rich without it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: July 15, 2016, 07:57:05 am »

Wut? Not everyone who calls themselves Muslim is Muslim, "thankfully"? Careful, you're starting to sound like an ISIS supporter.

I sound like a guy who thinks that totalitarian ideology like Islam should be banned in any civilized country
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2812 on: July 15, 2016, 08:05:57 am »

Unless you plan to conjure a strong independent country out of thin air, you're probably going to need foreign support one way or the other.
I don't OW, I'm saying it's not the job for white people to take control of African countries for their own good - the long line of American freedoming the middle east has left a track record of mistakes and broken states, nothing has changed since then. Strong independent countries are not conjured out of thin air, they are built over long periods of time, there is nothing magical about white guidance that will revolutionarily succeed where it has failed in the past.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: July 15, 2016, 08:11:21 am »

I sound like a guy who thinks that totalitarian ideology like Islam should be banned in any civilized country

Hey come on man, #NotAllMuslims.  Don't bring moderate Muslims into this.  See, look at this moderate Muslim student defending her faith against evil, uh, Bankers?  Globalists?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:15:00 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2814 on: July 15, 2016, 08:26:45 am »

Hey come on man, #NotAllMuslims.  Don't bring moderate Muslims into this.  See, look at this moderate Muslim student defending her faith against evil, uh, Bankers?  Globalists?
Anti-banker = Anti-jew? Bit chilling when she leaned into the mic to say she was pro Holocaust II

Western students are just messed up af

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: July 15, 2016, 08:32:17 am »

There are plenty of reasonable Muslims in the world, the problem is that the amount of unreasonable ones is 1) much higher, and 2) they have an almost total control of many more countries (all pictures from this source):

Spoiler: stoning as punishment (click to show/hide)

It's kind of a problem.
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2816 on: July 15, 2016, 08:42:06 am »

chiki briki

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: July 15, 2016, 08:53:43 am »

They have in common that they were all bombed, invaded, and / or a regime change was forced upon them.
What they don't have in common is that none of them had completely artificial frontiers made up by Britain/France playing map painting, resulting in a bunch of people who utterly hate each other having to live together.
Actually all those countries did, OK with Mexico it was Spain not France.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: July 15, 2016, 09:03:14 am »

They have in common that they were all bombed, invaded, and / or a regime change was forced upon them.
What they don't have in common is that none of them had completely artificial frontiers made up by Britain/France playing map painting, resulting in a bunch of people who utterly hate each other having to live together.
Actually all those countries did, OK with Mexico it was Spain not France.
Uh, no? The vice-kingdoms split more along cultural lines than anything else. Otherwise there'd only be about 4 spanish-speaking nations in South America right now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: July 15, 2016, 09:14:55 am »

The religious council of Saudi Arabia made a TV statement in response to the Nice attacks.
They said "islam approves of the sanctitiy of human life and forbids terrorism that kills, and brings fear to peaceful people in their houses, their markets or their work".
They be becoming more vocal ever since IS attacked Medina
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 793