Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001956 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2820 on: July 15, 2016, 09:25:29 am »

I remember hearing that most Muslims who want Shariah law want it for Muslims. Like, in Muslim communities, not enforced blindly on everyone.

Also, any nuclear strike near Israel will result in them flipping their shit and quite possibly nuking everything as soon as they find out it's been launched.

EDIT: yeah, not really sure how those graphs paint a picture of Muslims being unreasonable. Maybe in Egypt, but the higher percentage Muslims, the less practical it is to have two separate law codes.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:29:39 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: July 15, 2016, 09:59:10 am »

I see, the religion of peace is in the headlines again.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: July 15, 2016, 10:04:22 am »

Where does this "Religion of Peace" EdgeMeme come from again?

Anyway, martinuzz, those kind of statements from major Muslim religious organization come pretty much every time there is a major terrorist attack in the West. That's nothing new.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: July 15, 2016, 10:06:26 am »

I see, the religion of peace is in the headlines again.
Pokemon? Yeah, Front page of the New York Times.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: July 15, 2016, 10:12:10 am »

I remember hearing that most Muslims who want Shariah law want it for Muslims. Like, in Muslim communities, not enforced blindly on everyone.

I am sure the many persecuted Muslim minority branches and peoples feels very secure with this.
Love, scriver~

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: July 15, 2016, 10:14:30 am »

I didnt know it was a meme in English-speaking world too... But thought you guys would still get the reference. We had some imam in a TV interview, I think it was after the Charlie Hebdo and Kosher store attacks, where he kept repeating this "islam is a religion of peace".

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2826 on: July 15, 2016, 10:19:44 am »

I sound like a guy who thinks that totalitarian ideology like Islam should be banned in any civilized country
You want to ban an ideology? That's kinda totalitarian.

I don't OW, I'm saying it's not the job for white people to take control of African countries for their own good - the long line of American freedoming the middle east has left a track record of mistakes and broken states, nothing has changed since then. Strong independent countries are not conjured out of thin air, they are built over long periods of time, there is nothing magical about white guidance that will revolutionarily succeed where it has failed in the past.
To be fair, American freedoming is mostly coups and airstrikes. Instability is inevitable.

I don't think that indefinite poverty and violent turmoil is necessary to create a stable country. I think that what has been achieved in the West can be achieved everywhere, and that if we can get there without people getting massacred, we absolutely should.
I've no evidence on what that path is, but something should be done. The status quo is terrible.

Muslims insist that Islam is a religion of peace while apparently looking the other way from the rampant babrarism
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: July 15, 2016, 10:22:40 am »

I'm not sure where it comes from in English, but it's definitely older than Hebdo. Like there is that "thereligionofpeace.com" website.

Regarding the whole middle-east and development thing, there was that long article (I think in the Atlantic?) about Obama's Foreign Policy Doctrine, and one of the thing the paper had him said was along the line of "There is a large bunch of violent nihilists there. We can't save them from themselves, but we can contain them so they don't prevent the rest of the world from moving onward." Prime exemple of that thinking is the fact that even though he was reluctant to get involved in Syria, he was ok with bombing ISIS, because if they grew they'd be a threat to the rest of the world.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: July 15, 2016, 10:28:07 am »

The "religion of peace" thing is people mocking the apologist mantra, yeah. It's as old as it's been used to disavow and handwave away acts of violence and oppression. "Islam is a religion of peace" is basically "No true Scotsman, Islam edition".
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2829 on: July 15, 2016, 10:31:22 am »

From "behead those who insult the religion of peace" guy

To be fair, American freedoming is mostly coups and airstrikes. Instability is inevitable.
American freedoming is not mostly coups and airstrikes, that's what their strategic fund and investment is for. I'm talking about countries they haven't bombed too. And get this - the Americans are doing the best job imo to helping foreign nations develop themselves.

I don't think that indefinite poverty and violent turmoil is necessary to create a stable country. I think that what has been achieved in the West can be achieved everywhere, and that if we can get there without people getting massacred, we absolutely should.
I've no evidence on what that path is, but something should be done. The status quo is terrible.
What has been achieved in the West can't be achieved everywhere, this is a patent delusion that ignores literate populations, cultural beliefs, historical development and the massive epochal wars that killed millions to define the modern democracy.
Look at Nigeria. Three large populations that were once at war with one another, of different religions, races and cultures, conflict over oil and even at one point a civil war - yet Nigeria remains one Nigeria, with one civic people. Nigeria is economically developing quite well with the assistance of foreign investment, that is nonetheless hindered by corruption and the lack of any assistance for victims of scams. Thus Nigeria needs to construct a robust legal system and a transparent government, something you can't will into existence overnight. Nigerians understand Nigeria better than white Americans, thus they should be aided in their own independence, not having their independence taken by whites who really do not know better and should stop treating Africa like America.

*EDIT
Whilst I should stress it is a cautionary tale for White America, it is not a cautionary tale for White Europe, which does in actuality think itself enlightened enough to rule over Africa with its benevolent guidance. West Africa has plenty reason to distrust the European Union.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:43:18 am by Loud Whispers »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2830 on: July 15, 2016, 10:46:30 am »

The problem with claiming anything is peaceful is that it's always inherently wrong.

Or, to quote a character from Green Mars:
“You can't get any movement larger than five people without including at least one fucking idiot.”

The issue however, in this case, is that from what I understand Islam (Or at least the original version) DOES condone violence. Obviously there are moderates, and they're probably in the majority in western countries, but still.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: July 15, 2016, 11:01:04 am »

EDIT: yeah, not really sure how those graphs paint a picture of Muslims being unreasonable. Maybe in Egypt, but the higher percentage Muslims, the less practical it is to have two separate law codes.
Having a large minority (and, in a lot of countries, majority) that advocates to kill anyone who leaves their organization, and to make the rules of their organization extend towards people outside of that organization, doesn't strike me as very reasonable. Unless you support totalitarist regimes that did exactly that in the past.
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: July 15, 2016, 12:12:32 pm »

I am sure the many persecuted Muslim minority branches and peoples feels very secure with this.

I know a girl from Indonesia who later imigrated to hungary who swears that the most dangerous time for her to go out on the streets was during the one muslim holiday in which every business is forced to close, despite the fact its a muslim only holiday. She told me going out on the streets during that time was asking to get ganked by multiple muslim men with not very nice intentions.

Reeleejun of pehss.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: July 15, 2016, 12:50:19 pm »

You want to ban an ideology? That's kinda totalitarian.
Neo-nazies and other white racists agree with you.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2834 on: July 15, 2016, 12:53:55 pm »

I find it ironic coming from a guy who claims Bandera was a hero, UPA were good guys and Volhynian massacres were A-Okay.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 793