Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1007974 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3435 on: July 26, 2016, 08:19:52 am »

Nah it wouldn't. Everyone still loves the US.
It would be opening Pandora's box though.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: July 26, 2016, 08:42:39 am »

Nah it wouldn't. Everyone still loves the US.
It would be opening Pandora's box though.

Pandoras box already got opened when Hiroshima and Nagasaki were nuked.

Anyhow, I agree that nuking and levelling the city would just make things worse.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: July 26, 2016, 08:50:28 am »

Not when we then let them back into the country, after learning how better to kill and having become further radicalised. Which we do.
The French police just reported that one of the church assailants was a man who had been arrested earlier trying to cross the Turkish border into Syria.
He was returned to France, and got a 'Fiche S' which means he was regarded as a danger to the state. He was released under condition of wearing an electronic ankle band, despite the public prosecutor's office appealing against that verdict.

The verdict allowed him to leave his house between 8:30 and 12:30.

http://www.franceinfo.fr/fil-info/article/saint-etienne-du-rouvray-l-un-des-deux-preneurs-d-otages-etait-porteur-d-un-bracelet-electronique-808191

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: July 26, 2016, 08:55:29 am »

I'm really not sure how that helps unless you have someone actually tracking his movements 7/24/60/60

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: July 26, 2016, 11:35:28 am »

Tip 4 french authorities: a ankle band tracker doesn't help much against someone who doesnt care about being arrested, specially since you can't immediately arrest him at the second you notice he's going full allahu ackbar.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3440 on: July 26, 2016, 03:02:10 pm »

mfw the dutch police are better at tracking shitposters than the french police are at tracking known jihadis

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3441 on: July 27, 2016, 12:57:24 am »

Yeah, them flying off to Syria and getting out of our hair is actually a good thing. Especially if they wind up killed by Kurds.
>people getting killed
>good thing

It's not about flying off to Syria. DJ means that it would possibly radicalize more of the EU-born muslims, and cause more Paris / Nice/ Munich / etc. attacks.
I swear this wouldn't happen nearly as much if authorities actually made an effort to shut down mosques and so on teaching violent Islam
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: July 27, 2016, 01:08:17 am »

It's not about flying off to Syria. DJ means that it would possibly radicalize more of the EU-born muslims, and cause more Paris / Nice/ Munich / etc. attacks.
I swear this wouldn't happen nearly as much if authorities actually made an effort to shut down mosques and so on teaching violent Islam
They could also work with Mosques that don't to try and find out who the young people in those communities are that are getting radicalized. Parents and community leaders tend to get worried about stuff like that, for many reasons, and people get radicalized outside of the mosques as well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: July 27, 2016, 07:30:44 am »

Vice president Frans Timmermans stated today on behalf of the EU, that Poland will be given 3 months time to remove the new law instated by the governing PiS party, which makes it impossible for the Constitutional Court to test new laws to the Cosntitution.

If not, Poland will be facing sanctions.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3444 on: July 27, 2016, 07:37:30 am »

Vice president Frans Timmermans stated today on behalf of the EU, that Poland will be given 3 months time to remove the new law instated by the governing PiS party, which makes it impossible for the Constitutional Court to test new laws to the Cosntitution.

I get the feeling that if a left-wing party was trying to do this, there'd be no EU opposition
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: July 27, 2016, 07:46:22 am »

I get the feeling that if a left-wing party was trying to do this, there'd be no EU opposition
Considering that the constitutional court was in the most part staffed by left leaning people that would paralyze the current government given the chance?
Your feeling might be right.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: July 27, 2016, 07:57:35 am »

Well, a left-wing party didn't. Or any other ruling party for that matter since '89. There was no shortage of lefties in the government since then. Meanwhile, this was one of the first things this government did, along with hijacking media.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: July 27, 2016, 08:01:40 am »

This is Poland you are talking about. The media are hijacked every time there is a new government in place since the party hurriedly replaces people with their chums wherever and whenever possible.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: July 27, 2016, 08:13:30 am »

This is Poland you are talking about. The media are hijacked every time there is a new government in place since the party hurriedly replaces people with their chums wherever and whenever possible.
Yes, this is Poland I'm talking about. This government literally passed a law that actively makes doing that easier by firing all the previous directors of public media on the spot and more or less nationalizing them.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: July 27, 2016, 08:41:00 am »

Yes except TVP is a public broadcaster that was pretty much always nationalized since the late 40's.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:47:32 am by Brigands »
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 793