Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008905 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5085 on: March 11, 2017, 03:23:44 pm »

He won't get stopped!

Gets stopped.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: March 11, 2017, 04:21:13 pm »

Good thing it's not 2016 any more. Then this might have turned out really ugly.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 04:24:15 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: March 11, 2017, 04:25:14 pm »

Can we begin blaming things on 2017 yet?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: March 11, 2017, 04:26:32 pm »

The Turks sent another minister, the minister of Family Affairs, Fatma Betül Sayan Kaya, who was in Germany. She has arrived in Rotterdam and joined protests at the residence of the Turkish consul. Erdogan has said "you may stop a minister from landing in your country, but you will have to see now how Dutch planes trying to land in Turkey will fare".
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: March 11, 2017, 05:42:27 pm »

Erdogan has responded by calling the Netherlands 'nazi-remnants and fascists'. Furthermore he announced that the foreign minister is now in a car, heading for the Netherlands over land instead of by plane, and he won't be stoppped.

ROFL!

They are certainly determined.....

Gonna be a LOOOONG drive.

The Turks sent another minister, the minister of Family Affairs, Fatma Betül Sayan Kaya, who was in Germany. She has arrived in Rotterdam and joined protests at the residence of the Turkish consul. Erdogan has said "you may stop a minister from landing in your country, but you will have to see now how Dutch planes trying to land in Turkey will fare".

This is turning into a massive political-peen fight isn't it? Metaphorical of course.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: March 11, 2017, 05:47:56 pm »

Erdogan has responded by calling the Netherlands 'nazi-remnants and fascists'. Furthermore he announced that the foreign minister is now in a car, heading for the Netherlands over land instead of by plane, and he won't be stoppped.

ROFL!

They are certainly determined.....

Gonna be a LOOOONG drive.

This is turning into a massive political-peen fight isn't it? Metaphorical of course.

The whole situation is a symptom of Turkey having destroyed it's own democracy.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: March 11, 2017, 06:50:20 pm »

i think its a trait of megalomaniacal dictators to get angry and irrational when others laugh in their faces.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: March 11, 2017, 08:52:21 pm »

Our government stopped the minister of Family Affairs from making a speech in Rotterdam, and with a lot of ruckus deported her back to Germany around 1AM, while thousands of angry Netherturks were protesting outside the consulate. The (Moroccan) mayor of Rotterdam, Ahmed Aboutaleb, has issued a local state of emergency to control the protests.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:54:12 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: March 11, 2017, 08:54:56 pm »

Our government stopped the minister of Family Affairs from making a speech in Rotterdam, and with a lot of ruckus deported her back to Germany around 1AM, while thousands of angry Netherturks were protesting outside the consulate. The (Moroccan) mayor of Rotterdam, Ahmed Aboutaleb, has issued a local state of emergency to control the protests.

'Netherturks' sounds wierd. lol. The word does I mean. I know you mean Turk(ish)-Dutch.

edit: The Rotterdam mayor is Moroccan? didn't know that.

edit2: Austria is doing the same with Erdogan and his rallies.

Going out of the country to try to rally votes from those that live outside of the country seems like a really strange thing to do to me. I mean, even, aside from overseas military, even though only Democrats living abroad are allowed to vote (I have absolutely no idea why Republicans or independents living abroad can't. Military abroad is a different thing)*, you don't see candidates hopping overseas to court those votes. Besides, other countries would probably tell the candidates to buzz off, and we'd say the same of foriegn politicians (except maybe Mexico and Canada) trying to rally votes here in the US.

*edit: Nvm, I was thinking of the delegates in the National Conventions for the two parties, not votes per se.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:30:01 pm by smjjames »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: March 11, 2017, 10:20:40 pm »

'Netherturks' sounds wierd. lol. The word does I mean. I know you mean Turk(ish)-Dutch.

Going out of the country to try to rally votes from those that live outside of the country seems like a really strange thing to do to me. I mean, even, aside from overseas military, even though only Democrats living abroad are allowed to vote (I have absolutely no idea why Republicans or independents living abroad can't. Military abroad is a different thing), you don't see candidates hopping overseas to court those votes. Besides, other countries would probably tell the candidates to buzz off, and we'd say the same of foriegn politicians (except maybe Mexico and Canada) trying to rally votes here in the US.
is it really a thing that only democrats can send in votes from abroad? i have never heard of that before and it doesn't make much sense. can you confirm that statement?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: March 11, 2017, 10:28:08 pm »

Going out of the country to try to rally votes from those that live outside of the country seems like a really strange thing to do to me. I mean, even, aside from overseas military, even though only Democrats living abroad are allowed to vote (I have absolutely no idea why Republicans or independents living abroad can't. Military abroad is a different thing), you don't see candidates hopping overseas to court those votes. Besides, other countries would probably tell the candidates to buzz off, and we'd say the same of foriegn politicians (except maybe Mexico and Canada) trying to rally votes here in the US.
is it really a thing that only democrats can send in votes from abroad? i have never heard of that before and it doesn't make much sense. can you confirm that statement?

I was thinking of the delegates not votes, my mistake. Still odd that Republicans abroad don't get representation in the Republican National Convention. Edited my original post with correction.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:30:24 pm by smjjames »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: March 12, 2017, 02:38:51 am »

You can't trust people that haven been exposed to foreign though now, can you?

More seriously, it's not unheard off to go to place with a lot of your citizens abroad. Macron for exemple recently gave a big speech in London.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: March 12, 2017, 02:54:16 am »

The whole diplomatic riot between Turkey and the Netherlands is quite a mess.

We have national elections comming up this week, and this riot will likely be the main news item for the comming few days, and may well decide who will win the Dutch elections.
There's a good chance it will be favourable for the populists and others that are though on immigration, and "scary foreign involvement".

Turkey knew very well when they send their ministers that they would not just be influencing their own referendum here, but the Dutch national elections too.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: March 12, 2017, 05:48:40 am »

The Turkish minister of Family Affairs has complained that she has been treated inhumanely by Dutch police, and complains that 5 of her security guards have been arrested.

Last night's protests in Rotterdam saw 12 people arrested, and 7 injured, amongst whom one police officer.

Turkish national television has called upon the (nearly a million) Turks in the Netherlands to revolt against the government, and accused the Netherlands of breaching every single last international law and human rights conventions.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:53:51 am by martinuzz »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5099 on: March 12, 2017, 06:36:48 am »

called upon the (nearly a million) Turks in the Netherlands to revolt against the government
This time there won't be Winged Hussars to save Yourop. ::)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 793