Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008056 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5100 on: March 12, 2017, 08:42:55 am »

There's about 20.000 Poles working in the Netherlands, perhaps more, because planting season has arrived.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5101 on: March 12, 2017, 08:54:25 am »

1:5?
Well, Hussars once won against 1:175 odds, so maybe the Netherlands aren't lost...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: March 12, 2017, 09:10:14 am »

So, martinuzz, I've heard a couple things about DENK, the party that apprently targets mostly Dutch of Turkish and Morroccans descent. What are they running on, what are their policies and stuff? How are they viewed?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: March 12, 2017, 09:48:07 am »

Well, Hussars once won against 1:175 odds, so maybe the Netherlands aren't lost...
Wait what?
You can't kill that many people your arms would get tired.
On more serious note, which battle was this?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: March 12, 2017, 09:51:19 am »

You can't trust people that haven been exposed to foreign though now, can you?

More seriously, it's not unheard off to go to place with a lot of your citizens abroad. Macron for exemple recently gave a big speech in London.

It's generally not done in the US presidential campaign because it's mainly a waste of time, and time is a precious resource during campaigns . Though Obama did go to Germany once.

called upon the (nearly a million) Turks in the Netherlands to revolt against the government

The intent behind 'revolt' here may differ whether they mean vote against the government or not. If they mean 'vote', then that's pretty intense meddling in local politics If they meant like 'resist the government', then that's pretty harsh rhetoric. Though either way, it only makes relations worse.

On the subject of the upcoming Dutch elections, I wonder if Turkey is trying to get Geert Wilders elected? Because Geert Wilders obviously wouldn't be a friend to Turks.

Wait what?
You can't kill that many people your arms would get tired.
On more serious note, which battle was this?

Maybe they used firearms? Or maybe the other side was incompetent. Also curious as to what battle it was.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 09:55:51 am by smjjames »

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: March 12, 2017, 10:00:48 am »

So, martinuzz, I've heard a couple things about DENK, the party that apprently targets mostly Dutch of Turkish and Morroccans descent. What are they running on, what are their policies and stuff? How are they viewed?

They are viewed as Erdogan's puppets and idiots. For example they got caught using troll accounts to smear political opponents.

Seriously, public opinion is that they are quite pathetic.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5106 on: March 12, 2017, 10:10:29 am »

Battle of Hodów. Of course (^^ ) I gave the biggest army estimate for Crimean Khanate, but even the most commonly accepted is 1:100. The actual battle was something of a... Rorke's Drift, where most of it took place on really short distance and gunpowder weapons were mostly used as help for melee combat. Only 100 of them were actual Hussars though, 300 were just Pancerni which were a sort of step down from the heavy armour and weapons of Hussars, and of course, no wings.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: March 12, 2017, 01:11:32 pm »

Best way to put it, Denk are the Turkish / Moroccan version of Wilders. Populists.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: March 12, 2017, 02:24:37 pm »

It seems to be escalating a bit, at least rhetoric wise.

Hopefully it doesn't get to the point of people taking action, so far it's mainly just screaming at each other, with Erdogan doing the great majority of the screaming.

edit: Now it appears that Dennmark has joined the fray, but it appears to just be the optics and timing of the whole thing.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:08:16 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: March 12, 2017, 04:15:31 pm »

Covenant, why didn't you link directly from the Central Bureau of (or maybe for) Statistics rather than an imgurreddit hosted image? Or at least the article it came from.

As for the image itself, well, you'd have to look at how they got their data. Also, a comparison with past years would be informative as well.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:15:40 pm by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: March 12, 2017, 04:33:37 pm »

Probably because he got it from some right-wing subreddit, not an article.

Don't worry, I got written permission from CNN before looking at the statistics, it's fine.

Why? It's a fairly good reason to just post the link, given that you didn't bother digging up the original source and that posting the image to the subreddit would just lead to people discussiong the validity of the subreddit instead of the stats.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: March 12, 2017, 04:42:29 pm »

Still, the amount of benefits-recipients is pretty darn high among immigrants:

https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/achtergrond/2016/47/uitkeringen
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: March 12, 2017, 04:44:03 pm »

Probably because he got it from some right-wing subreddit, not an article.

Don't worry, I got written permission from CNN before looking at the statistics, it's fine.

Why? It's a fairly good reason to just post the link, given that you didn't bother digging up the original source and that posting the image to the subreddit would just lead to people discussiong the validity of the subreddit instead of the stats.

Exactly, theres no reason to not just post the link if it's from a CNN article. Also, I was going to rebuke you (Covenant that is) for posting a reddit hosted image because without a source, you might as well be linking from imgur, then I realized that the site in the image you posted is a legit Dutch government bureau.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:38 pm »

It was just criticising the use of just a reddit hosted image rather than a link to an actual article, but okay, moving on.

Back on topic, from Antioch's link, looks like it's nothing new and has actually been going on for decades.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:59:45 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 793