Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008223 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5970 on: May 26, 2017, 01:25:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the main reason is the steady growth towards reactionism and salafism within Islam and the muslimosphere that is the main culprit, and one of the main countries behind that is Saudi-Arabia and it's use of religion as a power tool.
Love, scriver~

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: May 26, 2017, 02:55:43 pm »

The shitshow clusterfuck that is the modern middle east problem of international terrorism is primarily the fault of Charlemagne.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: May 27, 2017, 10:45:43 am »

It was just made public that the vice-mayor of the Dutch city of Emmen spent 3 weeks of last March in protective ultra secret security in the UK, following the advice of the Justice Department, after receiving death threats. Intelligence services and police believe the threats are related to the closing down of the clubhouse of motorcycle club No Surrender in januari of this year, on charges of drug trafficking and physical abuse. The police stress however, that the threats were not made by active members of the motorclub. They believe it's done by sympathisants of the club.

After three weeks the Justice Department concluded that the danger was no longer present, and the vice-mayor was able to return from the UK. They will not comment on why they think the danger is gone.

tl;dr motorclubs and their connection to organized crime are a growing problem in the Netherlands.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: May 27, 2017, 02:07:36 pm »

So... Motorcycle gangs are 21st century decentraliyed vikings?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: May 27, 2017, 03:34:18 pm »

So... Motorcycle gangs are 21st century decentraliyed vikings?
Nah they are anti-vikings. Vikings came from Europe and went to the US. Motorcycle gangs come from the US and went to Europe.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: May 28, 2017, 03:35:33 pm »

So Trump is unreliable. Surprise surprise :p
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: May 28, 2017, 03:42:42 pm »

The 'Europe must fight/work towards/take control of it's own destiny' bit isn't new though, that rhetoric has been around for while.

And the UK is always going to be European. There's always a chance that the brexit thing will stall and reverse course, or the UK can rejoin at some point.

I'm gonna note that she said that at a campaign event, so, probably take with a grain of salt since the rhetoric isn't new and she's in the middle of her own campaign.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 04:06:27 pm by smjjames »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
l
« Reply #5977 on: May 29, 2017, 05:19:16 am »

It's not new, but it certainly is becoming more common with Trump and Brexit. The Economist has a nice short piece on what she meants to different audiences.

Also irrelevant, but I stumbled on this article while looking for something else: "Accused of praying on the beach, he was doing yoga" A guy in Corsica was doing yoga and some other dude called the police because he thaught he was a muslim praying. For some reason the police came (despite praying not being illegal) and solved the case of the Yogi Terrorist.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:39:15 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: May 29, 2017, 08:23:08 am »

The mayor of Paris is trying to ban a festival because apparently, most of the festival is forbidden for white people.
The first edition of the Nyansapo festival, planned to take place during the weekend of 28 to 30 july, is advertised as 'an event with roots in black feminism and activism, on a European scale'.

80% of the festival is reserved for black women only. Next to that, there will be a discussion group about 'Afro-struggles', which will be accessible to black men.
The third part of the festival, about 'postcolonial feminism' will be accessible for anyone.

Mayor Anne Hidalgo has fiercely criticized the festival, and says she has the right to sue the festival for discrimination.
The Paris police say they are investigating if the event "adheres to laws and values of France".

The International Liga aganst Racism and Antisemitism has also sternly criticized the festival. "Rosa Perks would turn over in her grave", they commented.
The organisation of the festival itself says they have become victim of desinformation and 'fake news' spread by extreme right groups, and says it's saddened to see that anti-racism organisations have let themselves be manipulated by those.
They don't deny the festival's segregated program, but in their defense they say that "normally, no one makes a fuss if feminists ban men from their meetings".

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/burgemeester-parijs-wil-festival-verbieden-waar-blanken-verboden-zijn~a4497711/

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: May 29, 2017, 08:51:03 am »

This is ridiculous, I mean, it's a bunch of workshops and discussion groups on issues affecting black women. Complaining they ban non-black women is like complaining a cancer support group ban healthy people.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: May 29, 2017, 08:58:29 am »

But limiting the people who can attend means that the only people who are going to learn about these issues are black women, and I imagine if the issues already affect black women, they don't need to learn that much about them.

Open it up to everyone who is interested, the more awareness of the issues there are and the more likely they are to be improved.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: May 29, 2017, 09:08:18 am »

But limiting the people who can attend means that the only people who are going to learn about these issues are black women, and I imagine if the issues already affect black women, they don't need to learn that much about them.

Open it up to everyone who is interested, the more awareness of the issues there are and the more likely they are to be improved.

Well, the classic response is that if you open all meeting to all people, then you end up spending a ton of time going over the basics again and again and again. It is also easier to open up to people who have experienced things similar to what you have. So that are the advantages of closed meeting.

But it also make sense to open up and engage with other people, which is why that festival had both open and closed meetings.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: May 29, 2017, 09:09:33 am »

I agree with Hector here, not sure why it should be restricted to African-French.

In other Euro news, the Dutch Parliament and Senate are having trouble getting a coalition set up, the current negotiator decided to quit after two failed attempts, though she's the outgoing health minister anyway.

As far as I'm aware, the Dutch Parliament is split between 10 and 20 small parties, even the usual big parties have shrunk in size.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: May 29, 2017, 09:45:25 am »

This is ridiculous, I mean, it's a bunch of workshops and discussion groups on issues affecting black women. Complaining they ban non-black women is like complaining a cancer support group ban healthy people.

So it is ok for me to hold an event for only white people?

Man this sounds familiar....
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: May 29, 2017, 10:37:05 am »

So it is ok for me to hold an event for only white people?

Man this sounds familiar....

Well, I have trouble picturing what kind of issue would need a white-only group, but stuff like men-only support groups are a thing for exemple. Basically, it's okay if there is a reason, I'd be angry if they decided to ban non-black women from a music festival or something but here it makes sense.

Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 793