Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008398 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #6000 on: June 04, 2017, 05:29:46 pm »

Police just confirmed, after extensive examination and research, that the body found is indeed that of the missing 14 year old girl. I believe I don't want to know what was done to the body that it took forensics more than 12h to identify her. She had been missing since past thursday, when she didn't arrive at a homework meetup with her school friend.
I hope they catch the bastard / bastards fast.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: June 04, 2017, 07:54:14 pm »

Police just confirmed, after extensive examination and research, that the body found is indeed that of the missing 14 year old girl. I believe I don't want to know what was done to the body that it took forensics more than 12h to identify her. She had been missing since past thursday, when she didn't arrive at a homework meetup with her school friend.
I hope they catch the bastard / bastards fast.

Decomposition could be a factor.

But yeah, serial killers of any stripe are terrible.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: June 07, 2017, 09:31:33 am »

After Turkey refused German ministers to enter Turkey when they tried visiting German NATO soldiers stationed there, Germany tried to reason with Turkey at the NATO conference, but to no avail.

In response, Germany has now ordered all German forces stationed at NATO bases in Turkey to return home, to be redeployed to less unfriendly NATO friends.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: June 07, 2017, 12:32:59 pm »

Terrorist hammer attack in France. If French society had had guns, someone could have shot the hammer dude. When oh when will Europe drop these foolish anti-gun laws?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: June 07, 2017, 12:42:31 pm »

Terrorist hammer attack in France. If French society had had guns, someone could have shot the hammer dude. When oh when will Europe drop these foolish anti-gun laws?

The cop shot the guy. Though yes, I get what you're getting at vs guns.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: June 07, 2017, 12:48:27 pm »

Czech Republic and Estonia do allow concealed carry, for individuals with a license.

I dont think armed civilians will make them think twice about their attacks, they're fighting a war after all and will become martyrs, but having guns around could help every now and then.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: June 07, 2017, 01:26:26 pm »

Well, the hammer guy attacked armed cops. If he wanted to avoid guns, he wouldn't target cops with guns.

But well, Reelya was being sarcastic given all we know about his views.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: June 07, 2017, 02:10:00 pm »

Stop! Hammertime
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: June 07, 2017, 03:56:19 pm »

Yes I don't really hear those gun lobby people after every terrorist attack that is carried out with knifes. I mean they are terrorists and terrorists always get guns.

Except for some reason more than half don't.....
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: June 07, 2017, 04:10:41 pm »

The most common denominator in the recent attacks are pedestrians. If pedestrians had been banned, and everyone had carried a car, we would have seen much less casualties

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: June 07, 2017, 10:25:22 pm »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/01/06/czech-government-tells-its-citizens-how-to-fight-terrorists-shoot-them-yourselves/?utm_term=.a234d84b0d0b

In the wake of the 2015 terror attacks in Paris, France pushed the European Union to enact even tougher policies. The European Commission's initial proposal called for a complete ban on the sale of weapons like Kalashnikovs or AR-15s that are intended primarily for military use. Ammunition magazines would be limited to 20 rounds or less.

The Czech Republic came out hard against the directive.

. . .
After months of contentious negotiations, the EU passed a compromise last month; the Council of Ministers will confirm the measure this spring. All member states will have 15 months to comply with the new gun restrictions.

National sovereignty in the European Union: "fuck you in 15 months instead of immediately"
Even the avatars expire eventually.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: June 08, 2017, 12:13:10 am »

Tangential: Isn't it officially "Czechia" now? Or did I misunderstand that?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: June 08, 2017, 12:19:53 am »

Tangential: Isn't it officially "Czechia" now? Or did I misunderstand that?

I read a couple months back (may have been last year actually, or before) that they tried to do that, but it never caught on.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: June 08, 2017, 12:35:28 am »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/01/06/czech-government-tells-its-citizens-how-to-fight-terrorists-shoot-them-yourselves/?utm_term=.a234d84b0d0b

In the wake of the 2015 terror attacks in Paris, France pushed the European Union to enact even tougher policies. The European Commission's initial proposal called for a complete ban on the sale of weapons like Kalashnikovs or AR-15s that are intended primarily for military use. Ammunition magazines would be limited to 20 rounds or less.

The Czech Republic came out hard against the directive.

. . .
After months of contentious negotiations, the EU passed a compromise last month; the Council of Ministers will confirm the measure this spring. All member states will have 15 months to comply with the new gun restrictions.

National sovereignty in the European Union: "fuck you in 15 months instead of immediately"

They were to ban sales of and confiscate ALL semi autos, not just high capacity "military" rifles. They also tried to make all gun permits temporary(max 5 years), make magazines also need permits(currently they're basically scrapmetal and dont even have serial numbers) and even demand serial numbers and other traceable ids for every single individual cartridge sold.

Luckily none of that madness got through and the new directive is actually in general more loose than the one before, and actually allows full autos and even bazookas and such on the basis of "sports" and for reservists also.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: June 08, 2017, 12:38:35 am »

Who the heck uses bazookas for sport?
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 793