Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001961 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #6210 on: June 18, 2017, 03:29:16 pm »

Did MAcron said he wanted to edit the Constitution?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: June 18, 2017, 04:48:30 pm »

Their cohesiveness hasn't been tested yet and the party literally went from 0 to 361 in like two years, so, they still have to find their footing as a multimember party.

Did MAcron said he wanted to edit the Constitution?

Source?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: June 18, 2017, 04:49:47 pm »

How do you want me to source a question?

Also it seems exit polls are anywhere between 355 and 405 so he has some margin.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: June 18, 2017, 04:54:01 pm »

He might have said something about reforming the election system and I'm not sure if he ever said anything about doing something with the constitution.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: June 18, 2017, 07:24:23 pm »

Theres been an incident where a vehichle collided with pedestrians and several casualties in london. The exact circumstances behind it (there have been similar looking incidents where the person was just drunk or is mentally ill) are unknown, but they do have someone in custody.

It's starting to look like it's a case of someone targeting muslims as they were coming out of the neghborhood mosque there.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:26:10 pm by smjjames »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: June 19, 2017, 05:34:13 am »

Theres been an incident where a vehichle collided with pedestrians and several casualties in london. The exact circumstances behind it (there have been similar looking incidents where the person was just drunk or is mentally ill) are unknown, but they do have someone in custody.

It's starting to look like it's a case of someone targeting muslims as they were coming out of the neghborhood mosque there.

Apparently some witnesses reported him as saying "I want to kill Muslims" as he exited his vehicle, so yeah. I hear it's being reated as a terror attack now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: June 19, 2017, 06:05:22 am »

While that isn't surprising, it also isn't surprising for eye-witness testimony to be false in this situation (As they seem to often be in the situation of the suspect suddenly declaring extra guiltiness)

I'd wait until we get more details before we judge.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: June 19, 2017, 10:56:26 am »

Failed attack at the Champ Élyseés in Paris. A man drove into police officers, after which the car immediatly caught fire. The police managed to get the man out of the vehicle, but he succumbed to his injuries. According to the police, the man had a Kalasjnikov-rifle in his car. No police officers were injured.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: June 19, 2017, 11:00:20 am »

While that isn't surprising, it also isn't surprising for eye-witness testimony to be false in this situation (As they seem to often be in the situation of the suspect suddenly declaring extra guiltiness)

I'd wait until we get more details before we judge.
Really? Cause lately, these sort of attackers (whether right-wingers, Islamists, or left-wingers) seem to be self-identifying pretty accurately.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: June 19, 2017, 11:32:29 am »

Failed attack at the Champ Élyseés in Paris. A man drove into police officers, after which the car immediatly caught fire. The police managed to get the man out of the vehicle, but he succumbed to his injuries. According to the police, the man had a Kalasjnikov-rifle in his car. No police officers were injured.

Is it me or is the quality of jihadist degrading lately?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: June 19, 2017, 11:52:59 am »

Aye, that's the weakness with the "mass media" approach to jihadism. If you appeal to enough people to kill and die in the name of (Insert literally ANY deity or leader here=, someone will be nuts enough to listen to you, that's almost guaranteed. But in the process you have pretty much forfeited any screening effort.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: June 20, 2017, 05:26:22 am »

Aye, that's the weakness with the "mass media" approach to jihadism. If you appeal to enough people to kill and die in the name of (Insert literally ANY deity or leader here=, someone will be nuts enough to listen to you, that's almost guaranteed. But in the process you have pretty much forfeited any screening effort.

But for some bizarre reason this one was capable enough to acquire an assault rifle, but dumb enough to go and ram his vehicle against a police van.

If he had opened fire in a crowded street or building dozens of people would have died.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: June 20, 2017, 05:33:21 am »

But for some bizarre reason this one was capable enough to acquire an assault rifle, but dumb enough to go and ram his vehicle against a police van.

If he had opened fire in a crowded street or building dozens of people would have died.

Two assault rifles, two handgun and apparently he had gas cylinders in his car.

Maybe he wanted to be a jihadi like all his pals, but really didn't want to hurt anyone?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: June 20, 2017, 09:53:16 am »

Is it me or is the quality of jihadist degrading lately?

I'd prefer them to stay at about this level of competence, at most.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: June 20, 2017, 03:03:23 pm »

Brussels Central Station has been evacuated after a small explosion occured. It's not yet exactly clear what happened. Police do say that they have 'neutralized' a suspect.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 793